+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: New Hit Cap Question

Quote Originally Posted by Genome852 View Post
    32.71 hit rating is 1% hit.
    32.79 isnt it?

Hit cap

Just a quick question since the warrior is always being messed with , as of right now ,before the 3.1 patch comes out what is the :
    Hit cap for arms .
    and what order should u worry about on the stats?

Also i am also off spec protect, what is the the caps at now
    defence cap?
    dodge cap
    parry cap
    block cap.

and from beginning to end what should u worry about first

A simple search would've provided you the information, patch 3.1 changed nothing about the caps.

hit for arms is still 8% which is 263 hit rating
    defensive crit minimum (it's not a cap, don't call it so) is 540 defense skill (around 689 defense rating)
    dodge cap doesn't exist, theoretically the diminishing return curve is set at 88% so that's the hypothetical cap but because the curve scales to infinite as you APPROACH 88% you'll never reach it,
    parry cap also doesn't exist, the dr curve is set at 44% so it is much steeper than dodge but follows the same ideas.
    block cap again, there isn't one, however achieving more block than a combined avoidance/block of 102.4% is considered "wasting" because block is already being pushed off the table.

As for your last statement, you should probably refine your statement and make a new post in the appropriate forum about that cuz right now it's pretty vague (DPS? Tanking?). And remember, before you make a new post, PLEASE PLEASE read the posting rules and guidelines located at the top of every forum, or so conveniently placed in my signature.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I'm just curious, I've been reading all over the web trying to figure out some stuff. And these are questions post patch 3.2.

1). What is an obtainable as well as reasonable hit% for a TG fury warrior? I am currently sitting at 251 (7.65%) and 3 points into precision (I believe that puts me at a grand total of 10.65%)

2). I keep hearing of, what seems to me as an unobtainable expertise rating. I can't remember what it was exactly, something like 261 points or 26 expertise (I read it earlier in this forum, somewhere). I currently have 47 points (8 expt with human racial for swords) and really have no clue where to get anymore without sacrificing str or crit. Is this all theoretical and really isn't what we TG fury should aim for? Or is this going to max out dps on raid bosses - Gem a ton of expertise as well as get gear that sacrifices other stats minimally to get a boost in expertise?

I started playing WoW this past july after buddy of mine turned me onto it (tmi, I know ) and now I am obsessed with playing my TG fury to his maximum potential. Any tips would be much appreciated. With my current set up/gear/talents I am at about 3.5-4k dps. But, that is not in a raid setting. I have yet to do much raiding but am looking forward to it. Those are mostly numbers from H ToC, so I don't know if I should expect those numbers to go up or down for raids.

Thanks a bunch!
    Last edited by Pesmerga; 09-22-2009 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmerga View Post
    I'm just curious, I've been reading all over the web trying to figure out some stuff. And these are questions post patch 3.2.

1). What is an obtainable as well as reasonable hit% for a TG fury warrior? I am currently sitting at 251 (7.65%) and 3 points into precision (I believe that puts me at a grand total of 10.65%)
    5% from gear and 3% from Precision for a total of 8% is enough to cap special attacks, and that is pretty much all you need. If you have more it still helps with rage generation and adds a bit of dps, so there is no need to get rid of it asap, but for future upgrades keep in mind that all strength, arp, crit, agility and haste are better than hit.

2). I keep hearing of, what seems to me as an unobtainable expertise rating. I can't remember what it was exactly, something like 261 points or 26 expertise (I read it earlier in this forum, somewhere). I currently have 47 points (8 expt with human racial for swords) and really have no clue where to get anymore without sacrificing str or crit. Is this all theoretical and really isn't what we TG fury should aim for? Or is this going to max out dps on raid bosses - Gem a ton of expertise as well as get gear that sacrifices other stats minimally to get a boost in expertise
    For a human with racial your goal is 23 expertise, that is around 188 rating if I remember correctly. Ofc to get it, you will have to sacrifice other stats, but still your total dps will increase. If gemming is worth it, it depends mostly on your gear - if you are going to replace a lot of stuff in very near future, it might not be worth to polish every little bit to perfection, but once you get gear good enough to keep for longer time, reaching the expertise cap will definitely help you during boss fights.

With the human racial you still want your character sheet to display 26 expertise.

+ Reply to Thread