+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Hit Cap Question

New Hit Cap Question

Heya, just had a quick question about what the actual hit cap number and % is that we should be looking for WITH precision and TG. Ive heard in the 500s and ive heard 340, so im not 100% sure on what it actually is.

Thanks in advance

The % you want is:

9% base
    -1% per rank of precision (up to -3%)
    +5% with TG

So, if you have 3/3 Precision and TG, it's 9-3+5=11% hit.

I don't know the level 80 ratings calculation off-hand, but 11% is your target

11% = 361
    1% hit = 32.79 hit rating

And this is lvl 80 im talking about, is that the 80 calculations now also?

yes

From what I have seen on forums for a warrior protection tank.. the white hit cap is 296, not too sure about yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by rustyboy View Post
    From what I have seen on forums for a warrior protection tank.. the white hit cap is 296, not too sure about yellow.
    They're the same.

So going by this calculations, Hard cap for Arm using 2H would be 9% or 296 hit rating like Prot?

Are there any numbers on Expertise ballpark figures to aim for?

Thanks much

numbers remain the same as at 70 percentage wise.

prot warrior needs:

9% hit (covered above as 296 hit rating)
    6.5% dodge reduction from expertise = 26 expertise skill * 8.23 = 214 expertise rating
    14.25% parry reduction from expertise = 57 expertise skill * 8.23 = 470 expertise rating.

You get 6 expertise skill from vitality as prot = 20 expertise skill * 8.23 = 165 expertise rating and 51 expertise skill * 8.23 = 420 expertise rating
    or
    you get -2% dodge chance from boss from weapon mastery = 4.5% dodge reduction needed = 18 expertise skill * 8.23 = 149 expertise rating.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    numbers remain the same as at 70 percentage wise.

prot warrior needs:

9% hit (covered above as 296 hit rating)
    6.5% dodge reduction from expertise = 26 expertise skill * 8.23 = 214 expertise rating
    14.25% parry reduction from expertise = 57 expertise skill * 8.23 = 470 expertise rating.

You get 6 expertise skill from vitality as prot = 20 expertise skill * 8.23 = 165 expertise rating and 51 expertise skill * 8.23 = 420 expertise rating
    or
    you get -2% dodge chance from boss from weapon mastery = 4.5% dodge reduction needed = 18 expertise skill * 8.23 = 149 expertise rating.
    Who verified that 6.5% was the dodge a boss has and is it truly needed? I ran around with 6.25% and over a five month period of BT and Sunwell clears saw exactly one dodge on Mother. I know people have claimed it to be between 6.25 and 6.5 but I never saw where 6.5 was proven yet.

This also kind of ties in with a problem I've been having lately deciding what to do with my gear. One of my weapons (MH) sits at -7.5% dodge while the other -6.25% and I don't know if I should only worry about whichever hand has the lowest and leave it alone or drop some Expertise for crit/AP due to it being the off hand. This is with the Shard of Contempt still being used, and there are much better trinkets out there that I'm not even using.
    Last edited by Graul; 11-24-2008 at 02:34 AM.

It's actually a number between 6.25 and 6.5. Expertise increases in 0.25% increments, and there has not been a single dodge detected at 6.5%.

As for parry reduction, I believe it's 55 expertise skill, not 57, and so you need 453 expertise rating to be hard-capped. There was an EJ thread about a bit ago that said it was 55, I'm not sure if this has changed.

thanks for the clarification ebs. ;P

So following a 361 for hit for TG Fury Warrior would you go for Haste, Strenght or Crit stats?

still probably go for a reasonable crit to keep flurry up, then going str imo, the rules haven't changed, you still want to 1) not miss 2) keep flurry up 3) hit hard. Haste will contribute to your dps no doubt about it, but not as large as str gains I'd believe.

Get the fury DPS sheet at elitistjerks.com, punch in your gear, and use the SEP macro (click the green button at the top). It will tell you what you should be going for, and yes it factors in flurry.

Even below the hit cap, I've seen str > crit > hit > agi > arp > haste (for a boss, ignore arp for trash/5-mans). After the hit cap, I suspect it will be str>crit>agi>arp>haste, but YMMV

So would you recommend not stressing the Green equipment drops and only worry about Blue/Epic gear to get the stats I desire? Seems some green gear has one real good stat and rest suffer. It would end some of the the headache of constantly reviewing every green gear drop/reward.

Quote Originally Posted by ebs2002 View Post
    After the hit cap, I suspect it will be str>crit>agi>arp>haste, but YMMV
    Keep in mind that crit lets you use Slam more frequently. I 110% behind stacking as much str as possible pre 3.0, however I have been leaning towards crit post 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by ebs2002 View Post
    Get the fury DPS sheet at elitistjerks.com, punch in your gear, and use the SEP macro (click the green button at the top). It will tell you what you should be going for, and yes it factors in flurry.

Even below the hit cap, I've seen str > crit > hit > agi > arp > haste (for a boss, ignore arp for trash/5-mans). After the hit cap, I suspect it will be str>crit>agi>arp>haste, but YMMV
    Can you provide a link to the spreadsheet?

what is new hitcap for arms warrior lvl 80?

296 hit = 9% thus hit cap for Arms warriors, DKs (yellow weapon damage skils, not your spell damage skils), and Pallies.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

+ Reply to Thread