+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Naxx recomended stats

Naxx recomended stats

Do you have any stats recomended to play in naxx with. If possible please give warr, DK, druid and pally stats.

Warrior: Unbuffed
    20kHP/20karmor
    30% parry/dodge (maybe a few %'s higher)
    uncrittable

For pally, i'd venture to say the same stats apply. Uncrittable is a near-must as there are some very thin margins for error if you're group is undergeared as a crit can make a big difference. I've never thought of being uncrittable as completely vital to a raids success, but with timed HP bombs that border you on death and having to rotate oh-shit abilities, you can't have spike damage.

If you're running with mins, make sure that you get yourself 3 high-quality healers and over 1500DPS DPS'ers. You'll need em.

Hope this helped a bit =)
    80 Prot Warrior | 80 Feral/Resto Druid | 80 Enhancement Shaman
    Alliance Days

Is resistance gear pretty much required for Naxx 10?

Resistance gear while helpful for Sapphiron is not required at all to defeat it. None of the other encounters in Naxx benefit from resistance.

Started Naxx this week and tonight we only have Kel'Thuzad left, no FR gear was required for Sapphiron. Patchwerk was giving us little trouble since I took tons of damage as MT and healers were running little dry, but otherwise it doesn't seem to be very gear dependant. Fights like Four Horseman are all about the strategy and on Heigan we were even able to 3-man him down from ~70% to 0% as rest of the raid died early on flames. It took 18mins tho....

My stats as prot warrior:
    25k hp unbuffed
    22k armor
    548 defense
    18.4% dodge / 17.6% parry / 15.9% block
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

Im interested in doing naxx.. but no one in my guild is 80 yet ><

Sitting at 25K unbuffed hps 565 defense 24% dodge 17% parry and 22% block with a sbv of 1K

Im feeling fairly confidant in my abilities to tank it tho.. Thoughts?

how bout bear minimums?

Quote Originally Posted by Crommi View Post
    on Heigan we were even able to 3-man him down from ~70% to 0% as rest of the raid died early on flames. It took 18mins tho....
    Damn! Wanted to try it with four members after six died in the first dance. But my Healer simply stoped.
    So they learned over four tries and on the fifth we got The Safety Dance - Achievement - World of Warcraft

Lol yeah we 4 manned heigan from 70% as well. Took 18 minutes.

1 tank, 1 off tank, 2 holy paladins... My fingers wanted to bleed but it was so funny. I yelled mindlessly at bads in my raid due to the sheer amount of easy that is the safety dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Elan View Post
    Im interested in doing naxx.. but no one in my guild is 80 yet ><

Sitting at 25K unbuffed hps 565 defense 24% dodge 17% parry and 22% block with a sbv of 1K

Im feeling fairly confidant in my abilities to tank it tho.. Thoughts?
    So its still worth it to go over the def cap ?

yes.... defense is arguably the best avoidance stat right now because of DRs. But there is a point at which it may not be... but for now, it's very easily a great stat to get above the cap, annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd it gives higher SBR which is no joke now that our SBV is so high =]

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I hit 80 Sunday and was tanking Naxx Monday on a toon that hit 70 less than 2 weeks before the xpac. For the 10 man the requirement is the bring the best gear you have and be remotely competant. Its no where near starting Kara at 70.

Yeah, when starting out naxx 10 just make sure you are at 540 def, the damage you take is a joke. I basically started stacking dps stats right from the beginning. A little different on hard mode, though... Patchwerk packs a PUNCH in the 25man version.

Yes, I keep hearing that Patchwerk is the "gear check" boss. Did any of you have issues with this boss in entry gear? And if a bit better gear is required, what do you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by Grifendor View Post
    Yes, I keep hearing that Patchwerk is the "gear check" boss. Did any of you have issues with this boss in entry gear? And if a bit better gear is required, what do you suggest?
    My guild did Heroic Naxx last night and downed Patchwerk. We shuffled the tanks around a bit, but in the end I MT'd for the kill. I have basically run zero heroics, did a couple 10-man Naxx bosses and just picked up a new weapon from the other 25-man Naxx bosses we did that night.

So I essentially had no heroic gear, no badge gear and only a few epic pieces. I haven't even bothered gemming and enchanting most of my gear yet. And Patchwerk went down.

The World of Warcraft Armory

The state of this game right now is a little troubling....

What is rogue hit rating at the mini for naxx-10 man?

Borak, you realize the OT is the one that takes most of the damage against patchwerk right?

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    Borak, you realize the OT is the one that takes most of the damage against patchwerk right?
    Indeed. I guess my point is directed more at the fact that my guild only just started raiding again, and Patchwerk wasn't much of an issue. So the answer to Grifendor's question is that gear assembled over the course of a few heroics should be fine for proceeding to Patchwerk.

OTed Spider wing, Abomination Wing, and Plague Wing last night. Came in with 23k hp, 20k armor and just barely def capped. MT was significantly better geared but didn't seem to have many problems with the bosses we cleared (aside from technicaly "don't stand in this spot" issues).

+ Reply to Thread