+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Repelling Charge & Offering of Sacrifice

Repelling Charge & Offering of Sacrifice

Unfortunately Wowhead is non-functional at the time of writing this so I'll edit links in later... but here ya go:

Repelling Charge (Naxxramas 10, Thaddius)
    Equip: Increases defense rating by 84.
    Use: Increases maximum health by 3025 for 15 sec. (3 Min Cooldown)

Offering of Sacrifice (Gundrak Heroic, final boss)
    550 Armor
    Use: Increases maximum health by 3025 for 15 sec. (3 Min Cooldown)

Both of these offer significant last stand abilities for each of the tanking classes. Since they are pure defensive trinkets, they can also be popped simultaneously... but don't do it! They both provide a buff called "Resolute," and using the second trinket while Resolute is still active will simply refresh the buff without providing additional healing. Use a /cancelaura or, if you're just grinding and health isn't a big issue, simply alternate the trinket uses. Enjoy!

Last Stand & Enraged Regeneration (Prot Warriors)
    Speaking of health recovery, Clavarnway recently posted a thread detailing the synergy between Last Stand and Enraged Regeneration. While Last Stand is active, the additional health gained does count towards your total healing from Enraged Regeneration -- making a 30% HOT become a 39% HOT.

What makes the Last stand+ER buff so nice is you put a 30% health buffer between you and death,and while the mobs are working on the fake health your real health has time to regen.

Very nice stuff. The Defense Trinket is particularly exciting because getting a massive chunk on a trinket allows you some flexability elsewhere. The Armor trinket is pretty slick to for flat mitigation and some AP bonus through AttT.

I've never been one to mash all my CDs at once very often unless its a very unique situation. Usually its a slience or an AoE stun or something odd like web wrap or some such....sucks having nothing left at 25% when you blew it all at 50%.

Another nice trinket is the Essence of Gossamar from heroic Azjol Nerub. 111 Stam and a pretty sexy armor proc though I'd rather it be an 'on use' function.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

exactly loquat, unless of course... you're down to the last 30% of your health... lol

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Sounds like a macro to pop your trinket, last stand and enraged regeneration would be even better! Nice Tip!

Quote Originally Posted by veneretio View Post
    Sounds like a macro to pop your trinket, last stand and enraged regeneration would be even better! Nice Tip!
    Indeed. If you can stack up benefits like that, there's no reason not to do it. On that note, Shhhh! don't draw teh nerfbat's ire!
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Quote Originally Posted by veneretio View Post
    If you look at Kungen's armory, he has about 30k HP unbuffed. Assuming he had a trinket that did 3025 HP, Commanding Shout, and then Last Stand, and no other raid buffs or even food buffs, that means his Enraged Regeneration would give him 13,584 HP, or 1,358 HP per second.

Along with food buffs, raid buffs, etc, with all those cooldowns popped you're looking at 1,500 HP per second AT LEAST heals!

I think the math is right...

Is that armor trinket effected by toughness?

Quote Originally Posted by clavarnway View Post
    If you look at Kungen's armory, he has about 30k HP unbuffed.
    I'm not sure that the armory is showing buffs correctly. I know I logged out with at least a well-fed buff and a couple others, but I have nothing showing up on my armory page. So, that 30k health may be fully buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Last Stand & Enraged Regeneration (Prot Warriors)
    Speaking of health recovery, Clavarnway recently posted a thread detailing the synergy between Last Stand and Enraged Regeneration. While Last Stand is active, the additional health gained does count towards your total healing from Enraged Regeneration -- making a 30% HOT become a 39% HOT.

i have had similar experiences on my druid with imp LOTP and frenzied regen when used with last stand.

Raid buffed the other night on patchwerk i had 54K HP when i hit survival instincts (feral last stand). My imp LOTP was healing me for 2300 and my frenzied regen was healing me for 2K a tick.

i have had some very funny pvp situtations where i rogue will jump me in caster and will get me down to 10%ish in caster, i go to bear hit last stand barkskin and frenzied regen, get 1 crit and will be back at 1/2 health almost instantly.

+ Reply to Thread