+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Glyphs?

Glyphs?

What glyphs should I put on my warrior and why?

What's your spec?

What abilities do you like to use?

well, prot. I was just wondering what everyone else thinks about different glyphs for tanking.

Tanking get the Glyph of revenge which gives you a no rage cost heroic strike every time you use revenge. it adds so much dps and threat to your rotation that there is no reason to not get it. other then that the glyph of blocking (if you can find someone with it) is very nice for warriors and some of the devastate or sunder armor ones are good as well. i like my glyph that reduces my charge cooldown but that is because i pvp a fair amount.
    "If I'm doing a fight and I need more threat... I try harder. If I'm doing a fight and I need my taunts not to miss, then I wear hit." -Veneretio

For PvE tanking there are 2 must-have glyphs: blocking and revenge. The third glyph slot is a little less obvious, but I'm currently waffling b/w devastate and heroic strike. I think atm dev sounds a little better to me (saving globals early in a fight is comparatively more important now since that's virtually the only point where we might have a problem with threat, and there's kind of a lot of situations where your stacks might drop off and getting them back up is key).

I haven't had a chance to play with the devastate glyph yet. Has anyone seen if he devastate glyph + sunder glyph stack? I know that with the sunder glyph a devastate applies an additional sunder to an adjacent target- and I'm wondering if it is too much to hope for that effect being doubled with the devastate glyph...

But from what I remember when I had the +an aditional sunder to ajecnt target you use up the same amount of rage on the 2nd sunder. I dont know if they changed it or not. I've been out of the loop for a week or two ;-)

I fear I may have become totally hooked on Rapid Charge...

i have blocking/revenge/heroic strike as my majors although rapid charge would be better over HS for 5 mans (im raiding more)

minors im using thunderclap/battleshout/charge
    i find the extra range on both thunderclap and charge very handy in a multitude of situations.

Glyphs: genuine effect and stackable?

Hi everyone,

I got two questions concerning glyphs.

1) Do they really offer the effect - including all its side effects and/or consequences - the description claims?
    For instance: "Glyph of Devastate" (Glyph of Devastate - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft) applies with one use two "Sunder Armor" at the same time.
    Does that mean that I also get the same amount of threat and deal the same amount of damage as if I'd have used "Sunder Armor" twice?
    It should but I heard some rumors about that not being the case.

2) Does different glyphs stack 100% with each other?
    Example: I have "Glyph of Devastate" and "Glyph of Sunder Armor" (Glyph of Sunder Armor - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft) and attack a group of two mobs.
    I attack the first mob 2 times with "Devastate", which means that he should have the "Sunder Armor" effect 4 times applied to himself.
    Does the second mob also suffers from 4 times "Sunder Armor" because of my glyphs?

If I couldn't make myself understood please let me know, I'll then try to describe everything from a different angle.
    Thank's already for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by thovader View Post
    Hi everyone,

I got two questions concerning glyphs.

1) Do they really offer the effect - including all its side effects and/or consequences - the description claims?
    For instance: "Glyph of Devastate" (Glyph of Devastate - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft) applies with one use two "Sunder Armor" at the same time.
    Does that mean that I also get the same amount of threat and deal the same amount of damage as if I'd have used "Sunder Armor" twice?
    It should but I heard some rumors about that not being the case.

2) Does different glyphs stack 100% with each other?
    Example: I have "Glyph of Devastate" and "Glyph of Sunder Armor" (Glyph of Sunder Armor - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft) and attack a group of two mobs.
    I attack the first mob 2 times with "Devastate", which means that he should have the "Sunder Armor" effect 4 times applied to himself.
    Does the second mob also suffers from 4 times "Sunder Armor" because of my glyphs?

If I couldn't make myself understood please let me know, I'll then try to describe everything from a different angle.
    Thank's already for your help!
    1) You gain threat from 2 sunder armor applications but only cause the damage of one devastate. I do not remember how many sunder debuffs the devastate is based on if someone else could help me out there.

2) The end result would be 4 sunder armor debuffs on your primary target and 2 on your 2nd target. So to put it simply they do not stack, also the 2nd mobs takes no damage and only recieves the debuff and threat as if you had sundered him twice

hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Snugglasaur View Post
    1) You gain threat from 2 sunder armor applications but only cause the damage of one devastate. I do not remember how many sunder debuffs the devastate is based on if someone else could help me out there.

2) The end result would be 4 sunder armor debuffs on your primary target and 2 on your 2nd target. So to put it simply they do not stack, also the 2nd mobs takes no damage and only recieves the debuff and threat as if you had sundered him twice

hope this helps
    Wow, thank you very much for the quick and detailed reply... really appreciated!
    In this case I might not get Glyph of Sunder Armor and Glyph of Devastate.
    I like Devastate and I really like the Glyph of Resonating Power. For the third slot I'm gonna think some more :-).

hope this helps
    Does #2 really work that way? I was under the impression it actually activated when you actually only used the ability sunder armor. Can't check in game currently.

Nevermind, I'm dumb. Misunderstood your clarification.
    Last edited by Valmafra; 11-28-2008 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Lameness.

Two Glyphs that I will never replace unless I either swap specs or they come out with something better are: Glyph of Revenge, and Glyph of Blocking. Other than those two I believe the third is a toss up. As far as devastate goes, I personally have not tried it. I also have not tried sunder armor. What I use is Glyph of Cleave. In my personal opinion the 5 rage I save on each cleave (which is what I spam when aoe tanking) is just amazing. Cleave at 12 rage is great.

Now, when I will be changing it will be when I OT Patchwerk. As soon as I can find an inscriptor with Glyph of Last Stand ill swap to that for that fight. 2 Last Stands on Patchwerk is great.

I have actually found that the Glyph of Revenge quickly becomes rather useless. When you need rage, it gives you a free heroic strike, which is nice, but prevents you from gaining rage from a white strike. When you do not need rage, in most multi-mob pulls and bosses, which now seems to be everything from Heroics through 25-mans, there is no need for it. So, what good is it, then? It is only one free heroic strike every 5 seconds, right?

As for me, Glyph of Blocking is the top, and then I currently use Devastate and Sunder armor. Devastate is amazing, and it really helps in both single and multi-mob situations, where you can quickly gain aggro and debuff all of the mobs. Sunder Armor is nice, even though it does cost extra rage, because you only use it in multi-mob encounters when you have extra rage anyway. It does not hurt you on single fights at all. So, those are my three majors, currently.
    Loyalty above all, except Honor.

Blocking, Devastate, Sunder Armor. All three help you generate more agro and more dps and allow dpsers to do more dps faster. Rage isn't a problem so I think heroic strike and revenge aren't that great. I might consider last stand here and there though.

Tab target so you have 3 sunders on both.

i personaly use the blocking and revenge gliff also the devestate as far as the aggro building im still a firm believer in the tab targeting personaly. If your haveing trouble with tab targeting position yourself so your looking at your party to minimize the amounts of targets your tabing through. the stacking of those 2 glyph are not needed i think.

I had to throw some words in on this one.

If you are running more 5 mans I would go, (I meaning my .02) Block, Sunder Armor, and Cleave. Reason being this. The Block... well self explanitory. THe Sunder armor, throws up that extra sunder to keep agro on multiple mobs, and Cleave cause it will make cleave cost as much rage as HS. That way you are tossing threat all over the place and you are generally tanking multiple mobs.

As for Boss fights, keep the Block, Go Revenge and Heroic. Again just my .02

I still like the revenge glyph and have the macro setting it to my revenge/heroic strike so when I do use revenge I get the heroic strike right after it, since most of the time I might miss throwing heroic strike but it is still a great means of dps on a boss fight where you are fighting an enrage timer and need to be putting up good dps numbers as well. I do a lot of dailies and questing still solo so the rage can be nice to save there as well. It can be how you look at it or what you are using it for. Other than the blocking a must have I think we all agree and I use the devistate since adding the threat of a sunder to a second target can help get some initial aggro on multi mobs, and even with thunderclap and shockwave it can still be an issue with fast aoe members in the group.

+ Reply to Thread