+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury wotlk leveling guide?

Fury wotlk leveling guide?

Hey all,
    First let me say I have been strolling (not trolling) these forums reading countless tanking topics, and I haven't been able to find an article related to leveling in WotLK. Granted, this website is meant for Tanks, but for me leveling as prot spec right now just isn't fast enough. Can anyone link me to a spec that is the ideal one for leveling as fury for Northrend? I am unsure if it is still a 17/44/0 build, and all the topics i've seen the links are broken.

and also what the rotation would be for that spec? thank you

There isn't one written, but I can tell you what I did for leveling as a TG warrior.

51 points in Fury (I left off a point in the death wish cooldowns, but your mileage may vary).
    10 pts in arms (5/5 deflection, 3/3 Tactical Mastery and 2/3 Iron Will is good). Deflection because I'm soloing, and no Imp HS because I'm cleaving.

Then 2 pts into impale, then 3 into deep wounds. With Titan's Grip, you can pull a bunch of mobs, whirlwind+cleave, and your deep wounds procs will do a lot of the work for you. I haven't gotten beyond that, but I'm leaning towards 1pt in anger management, then dumping more points into utility (imp cleave/piercing howl/blood craze).

Or, if you want to save a respec when you hit 80 and start running 10mans, go 3/3 Two-Handed Spec and fill out your Intensify Rage.

Quote Originally Posted by ebs2002 View Post
    There isn't one written, but I can tell you what I did for leveling as a TG warrior.

51 points in Fury (I left off a point in the death wish cooldowns, but your mileage may vary).
    10 pts in arms (5/5 deflection, 3/3 Tactical Mastery and 2/3 Iron Will is good). Deflection because I'm soloing, and no Imp HS because I'm cleaving.

Then 2 pts into impale, then 3 into deep wounds. With Titan's Grip, you can pull a bunch of mobs, whirlwind+cleave, and your deep wounds procs will do a lot of the work for you. I haven't gotten beyond that, but I'm leaning towards 1pt in anger management, then dumping more points into utility (imp cleave/piercing howl/blood craze).

Or, if you want to save a respec when you hit 80 and start running 10mans, go 3/3 Two-Handed Spec and fill out your Intensify Rage.
    Hey Thank you a lot, this has greatly helped.

also, can anyone link me to the best 80 tanking spec? I want to run 5 mans and heroics and eventually Naxx and raids.

Quote Originally Posted by sunderslut View Post
    [...]reading countless tanking topics[...]
    Quote Originally Posted by sunderslut View Post
    also, can anyone link me to the best 80 tanking spec? [...]
    this is contradictorily because there is no best tanking spec which should be mentioned in almost every guide and be blatantly visible in every spec discussion
    You have to find your own preferences.

+ Reply to Thread