+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Warrior Tank Legs from Violet Hold

Warrior Tank Legs from Violet Hold

Has anyone seen these legs drop? I'm so sorry I cannot remember the name, Void something or rather. They dropped for me last night and they don't show up on atlas loot and I don't see then on anyone's list of "to get" items. They are very nice, though, and have more armor, more strength, and more defense than what I was wearing so I put them on. Does anyone know which legs I'm talking about and if so, what are your opinions of them?

Demog listed them.
    I'm running Violet heroic on a daily basis because of them, but had no luck yet.
    Until you get some Raid/T7 loot, these are the top notch. I'll put a 8dodge/12stam gem in it once I'll get a grab on them.

I have them, dropped on the 2nd run of normal we did. Still stashed in the bank and I'm wearing the daunting leguards but I'll keep these in case I need them for something.

Yes those are the pants, thanks Lootah. Where would these fit into Demog's list? I personally think they are great legs.

Yeah I had those drop. The trick is that they only drop off one of the 'optional' bosses before Cyanigosa, so it's a bit down to luck as to which ones you have (and therefore if you have a chance of getting them). I kept the legs up to 80 when I replaced them with the Argent Crusade rep reward.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

I got those legs from my first Violet Hold run at 75, and replaced them last night with the Argent Crusade ones, slap a Jormungar patch and a 21 sta gem on them, and you have a ~170sta on legs, very nice.

I have them, but I find the Special Issue Legplates a bit better (and will grab them as soon as I can).

I think he means the epic ones from heroic mode, but i could be wrong.
    Bolstered Legplates - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

They are very good... the off set legs that drop from 10 man naxx are more of a side grade as well.

how do those (epic) legs fare against sunguard legplates? I remember reading that sunguards lasted all through naxx, but I may be mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladrin View Post
    how do those (epic) legs fare against sunguard legplates? I remember reading that sunguards lasted all through naxx, but I may be mistaken.
    Well, let's put it this way...I replaced my Sunguard Leggings with the Argent Crusade Rep Legs, then when I got these epic ones, I replaced the Rep ones.

These are by far the best leggings you can get Pre-Naxx.

AMAZING legs, can't wait to finally get them.... VH hates me. I won't be replacing those legs till Malygos i think.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

Droped on 1st Heroic VH o/
    REALLY nice legs
    [Tank Addict]

I agree, the epic legs are definitely a step above the Sunguard ones. Remember the epic items from heroics are at ilvl 200, which means they're actually on a par with Naxxramas 10 loot. So 'lasting you 'til Naxx' can equally mean 'lasting you til nice heroic stuff drops'.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayella View Post
    Yeah I had those drop. The trick is that they only drop off one of the 'optional' bosses before Cyanigosa, so it's a bit down to luck as to which ones you have (and therefore if you have a chance of getting them). I kept the legs up to 80 when I replaced them with the Argent Crusade rep reward.

So how do you go about getting these "optional" bosses? I saw all the other bosses around, but have no clue how to get them out.

The first and second boss in the instance are randomly chosen from the 6 possible.
    The third boss always being the big mean dragoon.

Oooooh, nice! Makes me want to run it a lot. I picked up the shield and back from my first run, guess I'll keep running it to see what happens.

Any idea which it is that holds the leggings?

I think mine dropped of the void guy, but got them first heroic run.

After like 10 tries they finally dropped. They drop from the last boss cyanigosa
    Have fun :-)
    Last edited by Evilhoof; 12-03-2008 at 05:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread