+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: EPIC Shield for SALE--discuss

EPIC Shield for SALE--discuss

Crafted the Titansteel Shield Wall today (woot) and put it in the AH since I can't use it yet and I will easily have more than enough mats by the time I'm 80 to make myself one. I put it up for 2999g buyout since that mats to make it cost around 2000g on my server and I thought I'd charge for my skill. Demog's list places it very high, in fact better than the 10-man Naxx shield. My question is, is this a reasonable price to charge or should I charge higher? I didn't want to make it too expensive because a lot of people are broke from levelling professions or they are saving for epic mounts or whatever.

sounds some what reasonable mabey alittle expensive. i mean 1000g for your time seems alittle wacked.

Do you know how expensive it was to get from 375 blacksmithing to 440? Well luckily I didn't pay for most of it because I mine my own stuff, but damn the mats are going for ridiculous amounts. The prices have dropped a little in the last few days but still...

I guess I also wanted to prompt readers to discuss whether they would buy this shield or wait and make do with the 10-man Naxx shield, or wait even longer and get the superior 25-man shield.

some people went into the expansion with like 45k gold.. u have a good shot at someone buying this, and if no one does use it when u hit 80

On the flip side, I can remember charging 450g to make Helm of the Stalwart Defender at 70 and all I provided was the nether. Taking the time to actually farm all of the mats is worth something and should be valued pretty highly, I think.

That being said... this isn't a rare pattern. There really aren't any rare patterns anymore. So, any BS can make these. You probably will be able to sell this one, but I wouldn't expect to be able to continually do it very long as each day goes by another Blacksmith hits 450 and can do it too.

Quote Originally Posted by UsalCrab View Post
    I guess I also wanted to prompt readers to discuss whether they would buy this shield or wait and make do with the 10-man Naxx shield, or wait even longer and get the superior 25-man shield.

Iv already got the mats for mine and i have a blacksmith who will make it for me for 100g tip when he gets there. I would never just buy something off the AH its always cheaper to farm stuff up yourself or buy the mats seperatly.

Its only too expensive if it doesn't sell. imo

Quote Originally Posted by veneretio View Post
    On the flip side, I can remember charging 450g to make Helm of the Stalwart Defender at 70 and all I provided was the nether. Taking the time to actually farm all of the mats is worth something and should be valued pretty highly, I think.
    the thing about that is at the time nethers were bop and helm of the stalwart defender came from a boe epic drop. So you had to find a bs who had both the pattern and a nether.

AH prices are understandably WAY out of whack on my server. Cobalt for 160g a stack? GTFOH

Personally, I'm not buying.

Prices will be dropping big time over the next month or so.

Just noticed the CDs on Titansteel. So not only will it be rare like Khorium but there will be CDs on even making them. (1 per day for Miners and 1 per 4 days for Alchemists)

Good luck selling yours though.

Alchemists make Titanium every 4 days, not Titansteel. That said, I only used mine once, to proc one of the elemental transmutes. Since those only have a 1 day cooldown I'm using those now.

2999g is a fair price, on my server it was going for 3.5k last night when I saw 1 single titansteel wall.
    I bought mine for mats + tip which were around 1.8k and I think its a very solid invest. Sell it now for higher than later for cheaper imo. If people have cash to spend on it, why not profit? Those people who prefer to save money will have it made anyhow.

A fair price is whatever you can get for it. Free Market. And every server is different....on mine, there is now alot of competition for mining, especially in Sholozar. I farmed Icecrown last night and while the ore wasn't as plentiful, more of it actually made it into my bags but still, it wasn't a great night though I did get 2 Titanium nodes back to back.

I've considered it but more along the lines of saving up mats to make the 2 handed mace. Someone put one up for 15K gold. I don't know if it sold or not. People do in fact have that kind of money....seeing more and more Traveler's Tundra Mammoths every day.

Bottom line is that I will probably end up helping a buddy finish out his tanking set with my mats. Still saving for the JC ring my druid will be able to make soonish.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Sell everything you don't immediately need RIGHT NOW, because prices are going to plummet as soon as more casuals hit the various caps. When I hit 80, I was selling titansteel bars for 800-900 gold, and frozen orbs went up to 1k gold. Now, a fully crafted titansteel shield wall is around 1400g, with the bars costing around 400, so it's more effective to sell materials because people want them to level their profession. As soon as everybody has hit the cap, materials will become cheaper again.

I've been making a retarded amount of money just walking between my mailbox and the AH, buying saronite ore for ~50g a stack and then selling each gem for anywhere from 10 to 150g depending on what it is.

Helps that I'm one of the only JC's hordeside on my server who hasn't been spending his jewelcrafter's badges on useless junk.

Not really related in any way, but meh, just an illustration of how ridiculous the economy is right now.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Just bought a Titansteel Shield Wall for 600 gold on AH. Seems dirt cheap to me... dunno if I am lucky or if there is a reason for the sudden price drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexapuma View Post
    Just bought a Titansteel Shield Wall for 600 gold on AH. Seems dirt cheap to me... dunno if I am lucky or if there is a reason for the sudden price drop.
    The reason for this would probably be threefold: Increased supply of materials, reduced demand for the shield and possible underpricing by the seller. Keep in mind this thread is quite old as well. Prices have settled down a lot since the first couple of weeks of Wrath.
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

This thread is from November. There are a lot more blacksmiths who can make the titansteel stuff now, increasing supply. There are a lot more players capable of farming heroics/naxx for epic shields as well, decreasing demand.

All the hardcore raiders who saved up gold for 3 months to be server first aren't around buying up *everything* that'll help them.

Oh and the cd on smelting titansteel was reduced from 4 days to 1 day.

So ya, prices should be much much lower now.

So out of interest what is the average price on the shield on your servers right now?

I haven't checked. But some similar stuff: Titansteel ~135g each Tempered Titansteel Helm ~700 - 900 depending on the day of the week (and how many people are undercutting each other). I'm quite happy with my shield, but am thinking about upgrading my hat if you can't tell =p.

+ Reply to Thread