+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Old badges going obsolete. Pls advice.

Old badges going obsolete. Pls advice.

I'm currently at lvl 72, and I have 69 "old" heroic badges sitting in my pocket. I was saving up for Chestplate of Stoicism, but with all the new content coming (and seeing that my T4 chest works good enough so far) it seems pointless to go back to lvl 70 heroics to grind for more badges.

So, please advice me on how to use these badges before they become totally obsolete.

I have the Coin, but thinking of getting the Autoblocker as well. But when do I use both? Trash tanking?

I can get a dps piece, for grinding quests. The drops and quest rewards I get at lvl 72 is equal or slightly better then what I have, and there are some badge gear which is still superior. (For one or two more levels I guess). Amani Mask of death is one piece I looked at.
    Eternium rage shackles is another dps upgrade.

Then again, now it's really fun to grind as protection in defensive stance so I dont know.

Just took me so much effort to get these badges I really want to use them.

*$
    Last edited by Starbuck; 11-19-2008 at 03:19 AM.

I would say take a look at Demog's tanking gear list, find out which item from badges lasts the longest (that which you don't already have), and get that. Chances are you'll have to get something with 60 badges or less since you only have 69. Throw away the leftover 9 badges because I doubt you'll ever use them and they take up space. At least this way you'll have a piece that you can use 'till your late 70's.

Might as well grind out a bit for the legs that will last you a while or just get the ring for 60...but badges don't take up bag space anymore since the patch

Actually they do not take up space and you cannot throw them out, they are just currency on your character tab, but none the less use them on something you might use now since there will be a time you won't.

I'm been reading through Demogs lists and the only badge items worth having are the legs and chest.

Gems and Nethers?

The gems are still selling on Lothar for MORE than thier Wrath green counter parts with more stats....I dunno, maybe people want EPIC gems instead of blue?
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

thx for replies. I have the legs, and was going to get the chest, because as mentioned they last longest.
    But I cant go back now and grind for 31 more badges.

I was looking at the ring of stalwart protector, but it lacks defense rating which is now an issue with diminishing returns.

Right now I'm mostly solo grinding quests, so I think I will go with a dps piece. That's what's gonna help me most right now I think. And 2-3 levels from now I'll be wearing greens and blues anyway I guess.

*$

+ Reply to Thread