+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saronite Defender vs Bulwark of the Empire

Saronite Defender vs Bulwark of the Empire

Quick question, which one? Assuming a 15 stam gem in the Bulwark.
    Playing a warrior tank well is its own reward.

I never got the ZA shield so i'm all about the Saronite Defender. Saronite Defender has more armor so the effective health may be more. ** I haven't ran the math though **

If your dungeon grinding the defense helps.

The Saronite Defender is a small upgrade over the ZA shield. I already switched mine out. However, shields won't last long in this expansion. Seems like I just got the Defender and I'm already eyeballing the Riot Shield out of Violet Hold (lv. 75 item and I'm just about there). Then I already crafted the Saronite Bulwark for when I hit 77 which is an upgrade over the Riot Shield. I'm keeping the Bulwark until I hit 80, which is when I'll replace it for the Titansteel Shield Wall, which I'm crafting today.

Quote Originally Posted by UsalCrab View Post
    The Saronite Defender is a small upgrade over the ZA shield. I already switched mine out. However, shields won't last long in this expansion. Seems like I just got the Defender and I'm already eyeballing the Riot Shield out of Violet Hold (lv. 75 item and I'm just about there). Then I already crafted the Saronite Bulwark for when I hit 77 which is an upgrade over the Riot Shield. I'm keeping the Bulwark until I hit 80, which is when I'll replace it for the Titansteel Shield Wall, which I'm crafting today.

They don't last long if you're rapid grinding but in my case i'll get 30-40 hours out of the shield and lvl my bs skill to boot

For tanking, the SD is the way to go I believe - as we level we need the defense and I think it has an EH edge over the ZA shield.

I stuck a +10 strength gem in my ZA shield, so it has higher block value and dead sexy shield slams, and use it exclusively for solo work.

I have been looking at shields as well...

i gemmed the bulwark for str and watched the big shield slams rock...however i just dinged 77 and was looking at the saronite defender. BUT ... the riot shield dropped for me and looking at the stats im preferring the riot shield over the saronite.

Item Comparison Tool - World of Warcraft

+9 str
    +33 block value

i think adds to your damage, threat and damage reduction.

slap a +20 defence enchant on this and i think you have a winner.

The saronite defender is still very nice and a replacement to the bulwark.

Bulwark of the Amani Empire - Item - World of Warcraft RIP. A great shield that lasted more levels than any other shield i have owned.
    Belgariad: EU : Lightnings Blade. Once a Tank. Always a Tank.

At 77, you should be getting Saronite Bulwark - Item - World of Warcraft not the defender.

+ Reply to Thread