+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which reward for Ragemane's Flipper

Which reward for Ragemane's Flipper

This is the next quest I'm going to be doing but I'm not sure which reward to take for a prot cow warrior:

Crescent of Brooding Fury - Item - World of Warcraft
    Hammer of Quiet Mourning - Item - World of Warcraft
    Sword of Heartwrenching Slaughter - Item - World of Warcraft

It's a toss up between the axe and mace, leaning toward the mace, but I don't get any specials from either, so I'm wondering if the slower weapon will be good for grinding, but I might be rage starved more than I am already.

I was going to start a thread on this - I have the same question. As a human warrior, I'll either choose the mace or sword, but I don't know which one. I guess it depends on which is more readily available elsewhere - mitigation weapons or avoidance weapons - and then choose the one that's harder to get elsewhere.

But definitely I would like to know the answer too.

Harder hitting devastates and cleaves from the slow axe for solo play, not as good for situations where you have excessive rage to dump with HS. I'm only finding myself rage starved when I can't chain charge the mobs I'm grinding, and even then I'm at the point where I can make due with the rage I have thanks to S&B procs and glyph of revenge.

I think the sword is my second favorite due to higher str, but the question then becomes if you have enough +def elsewhere. They're all interesting weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    people don't know how to keep it in their pants for a little bit before exploding all over my face.

I chose the mace due to my racial, but I think I'd do so again even if I weren't a dwarf or human. The axe's speed is slow enough that I'd rule that out, and the sword's lack of defense could cause issues down the road.

No racial (Nelf) but taking the hammer regardless. Already a better agro weapon than anything I have from BC, and makes it easier to get enough Def to stay uncritable as I level.

sword for tps. mace for mitigation. axe for trash.

I took the Hammer and haven't looked back. Goodbye, Evil Ugly Fish on a Stick Weapon. Er mallet of the tides that is.
    Playing a warrior tank well is its own reward.

I took the mace after a similar debate. I didn't like the look of the speed for the axe for tanking (though I preferred the stats on it, expertise is hard to pass up), and you can get a decent melee 1h out of the Ring of Anguish chain for grinding.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

Should I go with the Mace over the Axe, since I am a Orc?

I just don't know how I feel about the slow speed of the Axe. Is the racial worth getting the Axe?

I took the axe because I'm an orc. Ya it's a slow weapon but I rarely use heroic strike--I'm good at managing my rage. I put agility chant on it.

I ended up getting the mace and throwing a titanium weapon chain and love it.

I took the mace. For a slow soloing weapon, the Crimson Cranium Crusher from the Amphitheater of Anguish quest chain is pretty amazing, and I would argue that it's superior to the axe. Sure, it doesn't have defensive stats—but that's not exactly what you're looking for in a solo weapon, is it?
    Learn to science and stop theorycrapping in its tracks.

I got the mace last night and it's great. Like I said in another thread, man, is it big, though.

I was sad to retire my Blazefury, though.

when i get to it il take the mace there is no real reason not to take it.

I will get the mace (doing it today) as theres a quest not to long after for a sword with alot faster attack speed and similar stats. Then you can switch it up depending on what your doing.

Blade of the Empty Void - Item - World of Warcraft

I picked up the slow axe as a replacement to my mallet. The slow weapon speed takes a lil' to get used to but I am liking the end result. I am instance grinding as opposed to questing though.

+ Reply to Thread