+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Block Trinkets

Block Trinkets

What, if any, trinket can be considered as a replacement for Styleen's Impeding Scarab - Item - World of Warcraft ?

I've looked at a number of separate trinkets and would like to hear some of the opinions of others from the tanking community. Here are some of the other trinkets I've looked at from both a block and mitigation/avoidance perspective. Item Comparison Tool - World of Warcraft.

The best replacement I think would be Lavanthor's Talisman - Item - World of Warcraft. I am still rather amazed that there has not been a real replacement for this until now and that they are still considered on par with each other.
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.

You're not going to often find something as perfectly itemized as Styleen's was.. but it's also 150 ilevels lower than current gear. IMHO, drop it, and make up any lost stats somewhere else.

I would not consider styleen's on par with anything in the blue region of WotLK items. You're looking at the number of stats given (3) and not the rating of these stats. Lavanthor's Talisman has three times more block rating than styleen's and a use function that boosts your block value by a mile. Add the fact that gear comes with strength and you'll find yourself balanced abit more in the block department.

+ Reply to Thread