+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Haste for Warrior Tanks

Haste for Warrior Tanks

Hey, I am new to tanking so I am sorry if this is a noob question. Since WotLK, I have been picking up a lot of haste gear. As a prot warrior, is this gear useful? I understand that it can add to the damage but since I am loosing out of stam and strength I can't tell if I am getting anything out of it. I understand that it won't help in rage generation but faster hits mean more threat, right?
    Thanks

Anything that hits harder, faster, stronger is probably good for a tank. Still I wouldn't use a haste piece instead of a stamina or strength piece. Never. Ever.

*$

If gear has haste on it, along with def gear, than great! Bonus!

However, keep that plate haste gear for your fury set...

Once you see those axes outta Utgarde Keep you'll thank me.
    November 23, 2004 8:27:03 AM - Glomgore 10+ Years of tanking? Priceless

you mean: Ingvar's Monolithic Cleaver - Item - World of Warcraft ?

I've already got one, and probably will have a second one soon, but it's a downgrade from my current weapons (season 3), i think I just keep em cuz of the Hit they provide.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Haste will increase your threat by increasing your damage, that's about it as far as tanking benefits will go.

Personally, I would take gear w/ haste (just like I'd take gear w/ AP or Crit Chance) but I would only do so after making sure it didn't comprimise my mitigation or health.

Got enough stam, def and armor? Take the haste if you want it.

Thanks for the help!

I was interested to read about haste as i use Meteorite Whetstone - Item - World of Warcraft due to a scarcity of tanking trinkets in WLk so far.
    still using in other slot old 70 trinket! Adamantine Figurine - Item - World of Warcraft

By my count, the only things that haste effect for a warrior tank are: heroic strike, cleave, white damage.

As others have said, haste is a bonus stat not something to go out of your way to stack.

As threat goes, agility, strength, crit will benefit all of your attacks. Even AP benefits the majority of your moves (except ss and damage shield).

I was under the impression that haste also reduced your global cooldown, which definitely helps threat generation.

On the other hand, if more haste equals more attacks, and more attacks equals more parries, and more parries equals more incoming attacks from the boss, does that mean that haste is actually dangerous? I would be really hesitant to use it if I didn't have a good amount of expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakki View Post
    I was under the impression that haste also reduced your global cooldown, which definitely helps threat generation.

On the other hand, if more haste equals more attacks, and more attacks equals more parries, and more parries equals more incoming attacks from the boss, does that mean that haste is actually dangerous? I would be really hesitant to use it if I didn't have a good amount of expertise.
    It was only spells before Melee and Spell haste were merged. I'm not entirely certain how it is now, but I wouldn't be surprised if melee doesnt get it.

+ Reply to Thread