+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WoTLK Instance-Only Tank Gear List

WoTLK Instance-Only Tank Gear List

This is my list of all instance gear for protection warriors Pre-Naxx in Wrath.

Red Highlight Indicates the piece I will be using as best in slot item. It may not be the 100% best item, but the set I have created balances stats nicely I feel.

Blue Highlight Indicates the piece I will be using as the second best in slot item (rings and trinkets only).

Any and all suggestions and changes are appreciated. I feel I am lacking somewhat in block value, but with the huge amounts of strength on gear I feel that shouldn't be a huge issue. This is not necessarily a be all and end all list of pre-Naxx gear, but I think it is what I will be going for asap after I'm 80.

The list of instances in order of priority (number of best in slot drops) is listed here:
    -Drak'Tharon Keep Heroic (2)
    -Gundrak Heroic (2)
    -Ahn'kahet Heroic (2)
    -Azjol'Nerub Heroic (2)
    -New Strat (1)
    -New Strat Heroic (1)
    -The Oculus Heroic (1)
    -Halls of Lightning Heroic (1)
    -The Oculus (1)
    -The Nexus Heroic (1)
    -Utgarde Pinnacle Heroic (1)
    -Halls of Lighting (1)

This is the list of instances that drop the highest number of tank items (most are presumably upgrades):
    -Ahn'kahet Heroic (5)
    -New Strat (4)
    -New Strat Heroic (4)
    -Halls of Stone Heroic (3)
    -The Nexus Heroic (3)
    -The Oculus (3)
    -The Oculus Heroic (3)
    -The Violet Hold (3)
    -The Violet Hold Heroic (3)
    -Utgarde Keep Heroic (3)
    -Utgarde Pinnacle (3)
    -Azjol'Nerub Heroic (3)
    -Drak'Tharon Keep Heroic (3)
    -Utgarde Pinnacle Heroic (2)
    -Gundrak Heroic (2)
    -Halls of Lightning (2)
    -Halls of Lightning Heroic (1)
    -Halls of Stone (1)
    -Gundrak (1)

I am sorry the list seems so small. If you click on the link at the top its a bit bigger, but my knowledge of this stuff is limited. Maybe someone who knows can help

Edit by Armstrong: The button for attaching files to a post is the one with a paperclip icon.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Armstrong; 03-14-2009 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Attached xls file provided by SaGera.

I like it!

bookmarked. Thank you for putting it together.

I'm assuming you created this in some sort of spreadsheet program. Any chance of getting the actual file instead of the screen capture? It would be more easy for me to look at and compare as I go towards lv 80.
    Don't like my tanking? Call 1-800-EAT-FIST

Awesome man, I hope you dont mind I linked this to my guild forum and credited you with the picture.

Worth Sticky'ing? I think so.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

What are the different colors about?

Quote Originally Posted by LxDraco View Post
    What are the different colors about?
    The answer is not hard to find

Great list, thanks for that! With all those nice threads listing tank items it should be easy to hunt down the good stuff now.

This is a fantastic list (I already printed a copy to put with my Wrath planning material) but I have one request: Would it be possible to provide a version that was organized by instance? It would be nice when you see someone spamming the channel wanting to run Violet Hold if you could scan down alphabetically to Violet Hold and see what tanking items drop to evaluate what the potential rewards are for doing so.

If it would be a PITA don't sweat it, you've already provided an excellent service to the community, but I know I would make even more regular use of a list organized like that.

Thanks again!

Gotta say man Nice job! I saw that you were using a spread sheet is there any way you could maybe total up like Armor/def/str/agi/SBV/HP? So we can see what your red set has to offer as far of bench marking?

I would gladly put it up here as an excel file, but I'm not really sure how that is done. I tried to add it as in attachment, but it said Excel was not a recognized program or something like that.

I updated my spreadsheet with the totals for the set, but I can't load it up there. Also, when I put it up, you should be able to sort by whatever you want, which could also be helpful.

great job! now if only I was 80
    grinding in the African bush...........

If you want to send the excel file to me (PM me and I'll send you my email) I'll host it on my site and you can just link to it so others can download it

Does anybody know if there are any "unique" trinkets/etc that drop in any 5 mans I should know about? I mean things like the trinket off Bladefist in SH that heal you when you block.....unique trinkets.

Bump, with the specific purpose of asking if it might be possible to give uploading the file another shot? It'd be aMAZing to be able to manipulate these dataz!
    Tankity spankity.

Great post! /agree with getting the actual file. If that isn't possible, could you try one of the following possibilities please? (posted in order of effectiveness)

1. Zip the file and attempt to upload it. (In Windows: right-click the file, then in the context menu that appears choose "Send To..." "Compressed (Zipped) Folder" and then attempt to upload.

2. (In your Excel program) File > Save As... Then choose .CSV (or comma seperated values). Then try to upload that one.

3. Copy all of the text and paste it into a reply.

Once again, thanks for your hard work on this, it looks great!

Great guide! But why did you rate Ley-Guardian's Legguards over Bolstered Legplates? The last one has more armor, strength, stamina, defense and hit and has the same number of sockets (1). But in the guide the first one is marked as best in slot.

is there any possibility to get that excel file for me?

i could use it. i think it help much

The table in excel

Attaching the excel sheet (I hope). Thanks again Poolstick!
    Attached Files

+ Reply to Thread