+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Wrath of the Lich King Survival Guide

What do you think?
    Is it worth keeping the T6 4p bonus for increased Shield Slam Damage?
    Or is it better to gear for max AP/Crit?

Quote Originally Posted by Xav View Post
    keep your resist gear for WoTLK because right now there's no new resist gear except Frost. I'm keeping all my resist gear though for now, particularly fire and shadow already have uses.
    Well crap. Not only was my advice bad, I already followed it.

Made a few corrections, added link to Xav's instance power leveling guide (may move it above Utgarde).

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Well crap. Not only was my advice bad, I already followed it.
    I blame you for me doing the same

then again, if I want it back I have the items to make the resist gear and the badges

oh well, time will tell

Made a few corrections, added link to Xav's instance power leveling guide (may move it above Utgarde).
    link isn't working

particularly fire and shadow already have uses.
    I'm sure I'll figure it out over the coming weeks, but if you're up for listing them now due to beta experience:

Which specific areas/encounters are they useful for?

Do we have upcoming fights that are pure magic damage, where normal tank stats are bypassed (like Hydross, or 1st boss of Arcatraz/Mana Tombs)?

I know there is an ability called "Wife's Stare of Death" that some will encounter early on. I think it requires a mix of frost, fire, and shadow resist.

keep your resist gear for WoTLK because right now there's no new resist gear except Frost. I'm keeping all my resist gear though for now, particularly fire and shadow already have uses.
    Great now you tell me... right after I vendored all my resist gear. lol damnit oh wells.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by jere View Post
    I know there is an ability called "Wife's Stare of Death" that some will encounter early on. I think it requires a mix of frost, fire, and shadow resist.
    This is a lie, there is no way to reduce the "Wife's Stare of Death" via armor, or magic resistances. It is 100% undispellable once locked on, but can be avoided by pre-emptively purchasing "Gift Box of Magical Shoes and Purses" and activating the trap outside the raid.

Essence Infused Mushroom

Leveling Trinkets
    You've no doubt gathered plenty of trinkets. My recommendation is using one solid healing trinket, preferably Ashtongue Talisman of Valor and one solid DPS trinket (this includes SBV trinkets). Only use a timed healing trinket such as Spyglass of the Hidden Fleet if you are confident you can switch it out with DPS trinkets regularly w/o forgetting. If you've got a major potion stockpile or you're leveling w/ a healer, or if you don't have good healing trinkets, switch to two straight DPS trinkets should work for everything, including tanking.
    For new tanks without access to advanced gear, here is a poor mans trinket that is fairly easy to get - while leveling it may be a nice substitute for the Talisman of Valor - Essence Infused Mushroom - Item - World of Warcraft

I'm pretty sure Daily quest wont give experiance since there repeatable, I'm doing Netherstorm shit just to safe...

Can any1 tell me what that bag mod Ciderhelm is using?

dailies will give Exp, just not enough that you want to rely on them to get to level up, and they'll hit grey pretty fast once you ding 72 or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    I'm pretty sure Daily quest wont give experiance since there repeatable, I'm doing Netherstorm shit just to safe...

Can any1 tell me what that bag mod Ciderhelm is using?
    I had originally said Bagnon, but it turns out Bagnon was not what I was using. It may very well be Carbonite. I'll check.

Btw, I've been online since beta is up finishing out my own quests, so you've got a delay of about an hour here before I get back to this. We do have a podcast we recorded last night as well. Stay tuned.

I don't like how Carbonite changed my windows for say Friends, raid, who, etc etc

but I haven't really checked out the utilities for carbonite, haven't really... quested yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    I don't like how Carbonite changed my windows for say Friends, raid, who, etc etc

but I haven't really checked out the utilities for carbonite, haven't really... quested yet.
    Despise that feature, but I found a way to turn it off a while back.

I keep reading conflicting things about dailies giving XP. Can anyone confirm/deny?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenicks View Post
    I keep reading conflicting things about dailies giving XP. Can anyone confirm/deny?
    No one can confirm or deny until WotLK is live.

I can say without a doubt that I purposely picked some dailies, turned them in and got experience for them in Beta. We have no idea what will happen live until live hits. The conflicting reports you hear are probably people citing that they didn't give experience when TBC came out. So in Beta, you got EXP, but no one has any clue for live.

I had originally said Bagnon, but it turns out Bagnon was not what I was using. It may very well be Carbonite. I'll check.
    That looks a lot like Combuctor - I use it for my bags and it looks just like that. There is a component of Bagnon in there, though, so that may be what you're thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by jere View Post
    I can say without a doubt that I purposely picked some dailies, turned them in and got experience for them in Beta. We have no idea what will happen live until live hits.
    Well, good enough then. I have no regular Outlands quests left so might as well...

+ Reply to Thread