+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Ideal Warrior Single Target Threat Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Casper7526 View Post
    Did people really forget why you use SW in your rotation? Your not gonna dodge/parry my shockwave when you just might my devastate, I'm using shockwave everytime it's up, as for revenge, there's still alot of times when improved revenge stun is insanely helpful to have, so even if I do stop using revenge in my rotation, I would never remove the 2 points. Heck, tanking anub adds I love my revenge for an extra interrupt.
    Shockwave most likely uses spell hit, so you are still on 7% spell miss after melee hit cap. And although Revenge stun is nice to have, it's a proc, so it can cause DR for the CB/Shockwave when you really need it.

Regarding shockwave, you are correct.. expertise cap, hit cap and spell hit cap all do effect it. At 0 expertise, shockwave is going to be slightly better than devastate

I believe revenge stun does not count for diminishing returns. And yes when its useful, thats when you spec imp revenge.

However, as Ive been reminded, this is not a thread about usefullness of stuns or stamina or anything else. Its about single target threat. At high levels of gear, revenge is no longer part of the high rage rotation. It has insanely high threat per rage so it does have its uses.

Btw playing with various stats, which abilities are higher threat seems to vary quite a bit based on hit, expertise, attack power, set bonuses, weapon speed and talents. I would recommend running the numbers yourself on a log, unfortunately there is not a good website at this time for parsing world of logs for threat and no addons that I know of. I dont think it would be very difficult to make them, but im hoping someone will feel the urge to rectify the situation so I won't have to

Shockwave is a melee ability, it is not a spell. It crits for 200% and does not use spell hit. It does not have the same mechanics as Thunder Clap.

I went to the Heroic Training Dummy to re-confirm this tonight and used 100 Shockwaves (sorry, really didn't have the time for more with a 20 second cooldown) and got 1 miss. With 4.27% spell hit, the chances of 12.73% miss rate only representing with 1% in a batch of 100 is very, very, very small. (I mean, the chance of getting 50 hits in a row like I did with a 12.73% chance to miss is something like 0.1% or something.)

On the contrary, Thunder Clap clearly represented a 12.6% miss rate over 183 uses.

So, I think it's fair enough to say that Shockwave simply does not have a high miss rate nor is it avoidable, making the average damage and threat significantly higher than any other ability we have on our hotbar.

If someone has some other tests that show otherwise, I'd definitely like to see. However what I've seen in general in the past and tonight indicates quite strongly that Shockwave is considered a melee ability.
    Last edited by Kojiyama; 09-29-2009 at 03:37 PM.

Changed WarTotems spreadsheet to make shockwave work off melee hit but no dodge or parry
    That moves shockwave aproximately equal to shield slam for threat and better than devastate except in very strange situations (38 expertise, 3700 ap, hit capped both T8 and T9 bonuses).

Concussion blow on the other hand is very tempermental, changing ap by 100 or 200 and adding or removing set bonuses and changing weapon speeds moves it up and down far more than you might think.

Wartotem: change Abilities tab H5 to =1 - MAX(0,(Stats!$E7-Hit))

PS. Is there any way to add <del> html tag to strikethrough incorrect information? Id like to correct some of my previous posts
    Last edited by Celandro; 09-29-2009 at 04:24 PM.

Ok, I'll change it in the spreadsheet and add it with the next batch of updates coming up for the next version.
    Currently working on elixirs/flasks implementation, so might take a while

+ Reply to Thread