+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideal Warrior Single Target Threat Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    AFAIK, CB has always had a shorter global than other abilities so the fact it no longer triggers a global sounds like a bug, maybe one blizzard is ignoring for now, but I would not get to used to it in case it changes

furthermore notice i said it does not TRIGGER a global, you cannot use it while still on global so even with a macro there might be times where the revenge fires before the CB and this the CB will not go off.
    Concussion Blow didn't trigger the global cooldown before WotLK, either. It triggering the global cooldown was a WotLK change.

The hard part I would say is when your in the thick of it trying to recall all that, lots of things to pay attention to its hard to not just button mash.

This thread was a huge help for me in visualizing the rotation/prioritization for Prot when I switched from PvP. As such I re-designed the graphic to be optimized for my guild's forums which are not as wide while increasing its clarity. I included it in a Prot Warrior post I created for my own reference and to help my guildies or anyone else. Take a look here: Forum Post

I really agree with the SL+Revenge prior. With the devastates(deva glyph) in between. When I get too much rage I do some HS casting if Revenge and SL is are on CD ofc. If possible I use shockwave sometimes, cause it gives a good deal of TPS.TC should be up also if possible though.. If I am not faceroll tanking then I try to keep rend up for additional damage/tps.
    Also note that when you do not have a warrior in your raid you have to keep up Demo and C shout. which count as GCD's too so...Imo this tankguide is not that good though.

I have some question about tanking a new boss emelon and with add.
    For my idea, warr its only good on single tanking like tanking a emelon because there is only one skill for AOE call TC.
    SO my question its, how warr to tanking a add on emelon boss. That mean warr become OT on this raid on emelon ? how to hold add on warr while tanking.
    I already try, hide my view to not see boss, so i can tab and spam HS, revenge, SS, devaster and TC. its correct ?

Quote Originally Posted by wgu8312 View Post
    SO my question its, how warr to tanking a add on emelon boss. That mean warr become OT on this raid on emelon ? how to hold add on warr while tanking.
    My guild use 2 tanks here: druid is MT Emalon, and my warrior is tanking adds.
    It's all about pull tbh. Let me draw something...

3~~4
    .~E~.
    1~~2

E = Emalon
    1, 2, 3, 4 = adds

I will start encounter by pulling adds, druid will taunt boss from me, then she will go to NW corner while I will get all ads to SE corner near stairs.

Pull: I will use Heroic Throw on 1 add, then immediately I will charge 2 add and hit it with Shield Slam, then I will attack 4 add and pull them to my tanking spot. Hunter from guild will MD 3 add to me.

When I am in my tanking place I will use standard Tclap, Shockwave, Revenge + Heroic Strike (if Revenge is not on CD) otherwise I will tab-spam Cleave.

When new add will spawn death knight will death grip/take aggro from new add, move it closer to me and I will grab that add and tank four of them in my place.

So that mean we need 3 tank .. MT to hold boss, OT to hold add .. and last OT for pull add on boss close to 2nd OT .. But i already run for 25 man on emelon.. actually need 2 tank.. MT and OT .. so i always request pally or DK to tank add.. and i warr tank boss..
    So my question, how DK and pally can tank add without need help for 3rd OT to pull close.
    That is show DK and pally have good tank to compare a warr..?
    is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by wgu8312 View Post
    So my question, how DK and pally can tank add without need help for 3rd OT to pull close.
    Death Knight have Death Grip, Paladin have one target taunt.

I did Emalon on normal mode yesterday on my another character as dps. After that I see that my guild could tank Emalon and adds closer together. Lightning Nova have 20 yards range so tanking adds 23-25 yards away from boss would be ok. Taunt have 30 yards range. Ergo it is possible to taunt new spawned add from MT and bring it to OT.

BTW: you can always use hunter with MD or even rogue with Tricks of the Trade (20 yards range here so roue would have to move a bit) on OT.

From Tanking experience, it is better to Start out with a Concussion Blow first then Shield Slam.

I completely disagree, Shield Slam generates much more threat and also the early stun (if they can be stunned) may hamper your rage generation early. Shield Slam is more dmg/rage and that doesn't even take into account the added threat it has.

I understand your concern about stun effect on the mob, but when we talking about single target threat, I am thinking about bosses. (which you won't be able to stun a boss)

If you want to do 3.3k dps, roughly around 10k threats per second, as a protection warrior you can always go for this gimmick revenge build. 37/0/34

Devastate

I've read through the poste and read over and over how bad Devastete is.
    This makes me wonder quite a lot, if my assumptions untill now where that wrong...

I have a (typical?) 15/5/51 build with fully skilled Deep Wounds. Until Now, I have allways read, how good DW is threatwise. As most will know, it can stack (up to 5 times if i am correct) which will lead to a lot of additional threat. Every application of DW refreshes the timer and if not at maximum stacks, increases it (like Thunder Armor).

But what has this to do with Devastate?
    Well, Deep Wounds procs on crit and Sword and Bord also increases the crit chance od Devastate by 15%. As far as I know, no other skill in that build has a crit chance that high.

So to repeat my question. Is my assumption on the max threat with my build wrong and the posted pryority is correct or ist it really as simple as SS > Revenge > Devastete for me?

Thanks for your comments and best regards
    Eddi

PS: English is not my native language, so please ignore the gramer and spelling mistakes

More over I think people just drill too much in to this thing call "rotation", what if i tell you there are no rotation anymore, what would you do.

the idea in wrath for warrior no longer the good old rotation: Shield Slam > Revenge > Devastate X2, when Sword and Board comes in to play you just have to be quick with the Shield Slam, on top of that integrate Concussion Blow and Shockwave in to the rotation make you get more threat.

Let's say a fight last for 4 minute long, you should see at least 7 concussion blow and 11 shockwave, that is the only thing you can count on, you can't count how many shield slam you do or devastate to let's say have optimal threat.

Personally i like the flow chart that the author of this forum have created, but when it comes down to it, it is all about your muscle menory.

Considering most bosses are immune to the stun on concussion blow and shockwave, they are only good when everything else is on cooldown. While they may do more damage than thunder clap, they lack the attack slowing; not to mention, I've found that shockwave has trouble with bosses, while thunder clap does not. So my rotation is the exact same, but I swap concussion and shockwave (for the purpose of possible add pickup), and the key change is I add more steps (before your step 4): is thunderclap on cooldown? No, thunderclap; yes, demoralizing shout. (this next part for groups with 1 warrior or lazy/nonspecced fury/arms warriors) is demoralizing shout on cooldown? no, demoralize; yes commanding shout.

I find the damage mitigation more benificial for a tank than that of damage output.

Not to mention I think you are missing a key component to warriors, double/triple attacks. We don't just have to ride our cooldowns, we can continuely activate heroic strike (if glyph of revenge and heroic strike are use, bonus rage generation is possible), as well as keep other things like shield block on cooldown. Thus causing us to have a continual double attack. (I am unsure, but I thought you could use heroic throw at the same time as the rotation abilities and melee attack/heroic strike, possibly giving a third attack)

Anyways, thats my two cents, and then some.
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 06-03-2009 at 09:51 AM. Reason: To clarify step.
    "Ni cuyir Jag. Ni cuyir naar haast be uvete." ~GM

Although what you are saying is true Jag, this flow chart is based on pure threat and not survival mechanics, as well as assuming that you are consistently heroic striking as rage permits.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I suppose what you say is true also, but whats the use of making a rotation that is not made to work in use rather than make one, that while not specifically to intent it works in use.

As for the Heroic Strike, I've found from helping my friends out, that if you don't enumerate everything they won't discover it on their own. So, I felt it needed mentioning.
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 06-03-2009 at 09:51 AM.
    "Ni cuyir Jag. Ni cuyir naar haast be uvete." ~GM

Do you really have to use that hard to read font and color?

for pure unadulterated Threat. This is the rotation you use. You can have a fury warrior throw up imp demo, and you can have other classes put the tclap debuff on the boss (to be honest you just refresh it now and then otherwise).

This is the priority list of GCD based moves. Heroic strike whenever > 50 rage. That's not part of a rotation/priority list, it's just, a side thing since HS exists outside of the GCD.

You should use Heroic Strike in step 4 when 5 devastate applycations are made. It gives more threat per second than a devastate spam when you got 5 stacks on the mob. Anyways, dont forgot to renew the devastate applycation.

This is used in a deep wounds single target build because the threat per second and rage per threat is more efficient than just spam devastates.

Try it and take a look

My character link: The World of Warcraft Armory

no one is saying spam devastates. if anything I'm saying spam heroic strike THROUGHOUT your entire rotation so long as rage permits. You should be queuing it up constantly as long as your rage bar is >50. otherwise follow the priority chart in the first post. No one is advocating spamming devastate.

+ Reply to Thread