+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 145

Thread: Ideal Warrior Single Target Threat Rotation

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,438
    Nice update to the chart.

    And just skimming through i noticed someone asking about heroic throw. I've found that as much as I try to manage my rage, I will occasionally find myself with a GCD with not enough rage, at these moments I always heroic throw if it's cd is up, why? well why not, it's free damage and threat for 0 rage. Other than that I normally blow my HT cd on the pull right as I charge in.

    READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2
    Yet my glyph only works when using Sunder Armor. When I use Devastate it doesn't affect two enemies (though I do have a glyph where it applies two sunder armor effects).
    I have to use sunder armor to hit both targets and that threat seems to be barely above a reg attack

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    439
    the threat from the sunder debuff is terrible, something like 900... the glyph is more about increasing the amount of debuffs not the threat

    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f200/...ior-guide.html

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,438
    really Gronka? on the PTR before wotlk was released I tested the sunder armor glyph and devastate gave it to two targets for sure. hmm.

    READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wellington, NZ
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    really Gronka? on the PTR before wotlk was released I tested the sunder armor glyph and devastate gave it to two targets for sure. hmm.
    I've seen it happen recently. Well, I'm 99% sure I have. Either than or I'm going crazy.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    131
    There's a rotation?

    All you have to do (assuming unlimited rage) is to do SOMETHING whenever the GCD is up and have a priority. There's no set rotation because in general, depending on how a fight goes, you can't guarantee what's gonna be lit up. It's pretty instinctual, and context specific.

    My priority mid fight on a single boss is usually Revenge - SS - CB - SW - HT -TC - Devastate. I usually prioritize Revenge over Shield Slam because the window to use a revenge is not infinite, and I usually get a free Heroic Strike out of the deal. However, I will priortize a SnB proc over everything because Revenge procs more than SnB. It happens all the time that I have everything on CD other than Dev, and end up spamming it hoping for a SnB proc. Perhaps that's something I'm doing wrong, but my general thought is, unless there's a context in which I should be saving something (for example, incoming adds that I want to pull to me via a SW or TC), if a lot of stuff is off it's CD, I'm either lucky or being lazy.

    In a single target raid boss, with no adds incoming, also add Heroic Throw into the mix.
    Last edited by Angry Grimace; 01-06-2009 at 04:20 PM.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,438
    If you look at the chart you'll see that it's a priority list not a rotation.

    READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    If you look at the chart you'll see that it's a priority list not a rotation.
    I know I was being somewhat facetitous.

    I agree in principle with the idea behind it, but I have a few thoughts; I generally find very few situations where I have to think about priority beyond whether SnB procs or Revenge is available. Concussion Blow's cooldown is long enough that more often than not, it's not available, same with Heroic Throw and to less of an extent, Shockwave. I also can't agree with overlooking Thunder Clap. Thunder Clap has an increased crit chance from Incite (which triggers a deep wounds bleed), and has a very nice, and oft-overlooked debuff that reduces the strain on your healer. I really think all warriors should be using TC, even on single targets. It's damage isn't even as negligible now that it crits so often.

    There are really not many situations in which anyone should be within 50K threat of you unless the class is not using their built in threat reducing talents or is actively using something like Frost Prescence.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    536
    I'm curious about something...why no Heroic Throw?

    I realize you'll want to keep it free for trash/short battles, but for bosses, it's weapon dmgx1.5 in threat. That's better than revenge, and depending on your BV it's competitive even with SS!

    Might be a good addition for boss fights. I try to use it whenever it's up if I'm on a boss.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1
    concussion blow doesn't take a global cooldown

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,438
    this was made before the change that lifted CB off of the GCD (it still is ON the GCD it just doesn't TRIGGER it).

    READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4
    looks like they fixed(?) cb in the latest ptr build(9704). it triggers gcd again

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by skud View Post
    looks like they fixed(?) cb in the latest ptr build(9704). it triggers gcd again
    AFAIK, the intention for CB is to have it not trigger the GCD, so this might be a topic for feedback on the PTR if this is true.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    16
    It's a nice chart, but I disagree with several parts of it.

    For a start, I don't know why you are using Devastate in the last spot of the rotation. It is one of the worst threat abilities that we have. Its only use in any other part of the rotation is to proc Sword and Board. Don't listen to the idiots that tell you it's worth more threat than Thunderclap. They're wrong. Thunderclap, Rend, Shockwave and Concussion Blow all do more threat than Devastate. You should always have something for that step 4 in the rotation to never have to fall back on a Devastate.

    Secondly, Concussion Blow does not trigger a GCD. So you can macro it into another ability like Shield Slam and use them both at once.

    Third, I believe a "floating Revenge" approach will yield more threat in the long run. Let me explain this one. Lets say, you've got to step 4 in your rotation. Revenge has just come off cooldown and is available. Your chart says to use it. However, you must recognise the problem this leads you into for your next rotation. You will be forced into using 2 Devastates in Step 2 and Step 3 to allow you to get a S&B proc. If however you were to skip Revenge at this point, and use an ability like TC, Shockwave or Rend instead, then you could place Revenge right after your next Shield Slam, as Step 2. This way you're only forced into using 1 Devastate in Step 3.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1
    I don't really know about this, I will check it up, but I think that with a little BLV gear. Such as the t7.5 head and the gloves from HC naxx. You will do better with skipping the SW and/or CB part of the rotation, because if S'n'B procs you will get much higher threat from devastate and a Shield Slam. You might also add that it's ideal to ONLY use devastate and revenge so you can get S'n'B to proc when you use your Shield block. I mostly get in 2-3 (sometimes 4!) Shield Slams on the 10 sec duration. And as far as I know our main souce of threat is just shield slam

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,897
    shield slam, revenge(no proc), devastate(no proc), x, shield slam

    no matter what you do at X, shield slam will be your next global no matter what, the only time x should be a devastate is in low rage situations



  17. #77
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Potta View Post
    It's a nice chart, but I disagree with several parts of it.

    For a start, I don't know why you are using Devastate in the last spot of the rotation. It is one of the worst threat abilities that we have. Its only use in any other part of the rotation is to proc Sword and Board. Don't listen to the idiots that tell you it's worth more threat than Thunderclap. They're wrong. Thunderclap, Rend, Shockwave and Concussion Blow all do more threat than Devastate. You should always have something for that step 4 in the rotation to never have to fall back on a Devastate.

    Secondly, Concussion Blow does not trigger a GCD. So you can macro it into another ability like Shield Slam and use them both at once.

    Third, I believe a "floating Revenge" approach will yield more threat in the long run. Let me explain this one. Lets say, you've got to step 4 in your rotation. Revenge has just come off cooldown and is available. Your chart says to use it. However, you must recognise the problem this leads you into for your next rotation. You will be forced into using 2 Devastates in Step 2 and Step 3 to allow you to get a S&B proc. If however you were to skip Revenge at this point, and use an ability like TC, Shockwave or Rend instead, then you could place Revenge right after your next Shield Slam, as Step 2. This way you're only forced into using 1 Devastate in Step 3.
    I agree here. A little harsh perhaps, but correct. I macro CB w/ rev. And floating the revenge is a HUGE help. I suggest anyone that disagrees just try it. Save your revenge for first & second GCD. Save HT, SW, re-applying debuffs for the 3rd GCD.
    Many people have enough to live by but nothing to live for - they have the means but no meaning <<<>>> Tenraiel - Warrior||Kross - Priest||Anethea - Hunter

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,897
    AFAIK, CB has always had a shorter global than other abilities so the fact it no longer triggers a global sounds like a bug, maybe one blizzard is ignoring for now, but I would not get to used to it in case it changes

    furthermore notice i said it does not TRIGGER a global, you cannot use it while still on global so even with a macro there might be times where the revenge fires before the CB and this the CB will not go off.



  19. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    125
    I think you chart ist totally wrong, right would be:
    Code:
    1. Sunder Armor
          on GCD? Trink something 
           GCD over? Sunder Armor
                               on GCD? Trink some more (mix it, Beer, Whisky wahtever)
                               GCD over? Sunder
    I guess you got the general Idea, this will improve your perfomance und fun so much YOU HAVE TO l2t this way asap

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    31
    I use devastate regularly, mostly to keep full sunders up.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts