+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideal Warrior Single Target Threat Rotation

Ideal Warrior Single Target Threat Rotation (3.0)

I'm a fairly visual person, and I was somewhat bored, so I made a graphical representation of the warrior threat rotation, in the simpliest way I could figure out how to put it.

I'm pretty sure this is the ideal rotation, but if I'm wrong on something, lemme know please. I put Concussion Blow as a higher priority than Shockwave, because Shockwave has a difficult time hitting some bosses, and Concussion Blow doesn't. My only real concern about what could be wrong, is if Thunderclap is significant enough threat/damage, that in Step 4, someone would want to use it instead of Devastate. I haven't tested it, though I really should figure it out. I'll probably go test it later tonight.

Enjoy your flowchart (Reminds you of school doesn't it? )

Old version: http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/1...otationpt8.png
    Last edited by Karilyn; 11-10-2008 at 08:58 PM.
    [Female Tauren Warrior]

I was under the impression Shockwave wasn't worth using in single target tanking

TC is not significant threat even compared to Devastate.
    Worlde - Prot Paladin
    Darkworldie - Tank DW Frost DK
    Uord - Prot Warrior
    Huordie - Feral / Resto Druid

that is awesome... downright news worthy even if for the mere fact that it is so visually easy to understand. Cider?

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Worldie View Post
    I was under the impression Shockwave wasn't worth using in single target tanking

TC is not significant threat even compared to Devastate.
    TC is not, that is true,

and devastate threat is relatively low, Concblow and Shockwave both provide a large attack which generates a good amount of threat (more than devastate) the biggest draw to devastate is it proc'ing Sword and Board.

with it on the 2nd devastate in the chart, ss is gonna come up on the next GCD anyways, so using Concblow/SW are good options for maximum threat output.

Concussion Blow and Shockwave do the same amount of damage for a single target fight. If one is acceptable in the priority queue, the other must naturally be. Keep in mind that Shockwave is annoying in that for a mob with a large character model, you actually have to move closer, near the inside of the model for Shockwave to hit, even if you're already in melee range.

I would still use Devastate in their place for the first 5 GCD's that aren't Shield Slam or Revenge, though - higher threat due to Sunder applications, and the fact that you're actually putting Sunder's up ASAP, for increased raid DPS and increased tank threat.

true, but Conc Blow has a longer CD than Shockwave, so you want to blow it first, so that it can come off of CD sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    TC is not, that is true,

and devastate threat is relatively low, Concblow and Shockwave both provide a large attack which generates a good amount of threat (more than devastate) the biggest draw to devastate is it proc'ing Sword and Board.

with it on the 2nd devastate in the chart, ss is gonna come up on the next GCD anyways, so using Concblow/SW are good options for maximum threat output.
    *nods* That's what I thought about Thunder Clap.

Though, that did make me think of one more question that I'm not sure of, Revenge vs Shockwave/Concussion Blow, which does more damage threat? I really need to play with this more.

Mostly because even if the ideal isn't realistically doable most of the time, being aware of it, and trying to achieve as close to the ideal as possible, will still make you better than otherwise IMO.
    [Female Tauren Warrior]

revenge will likely deal more threat because it hits for almost the same damage and with imp revenge, it gets boosted a good bit, scales with AP as well (not as large as CB/SW but it scales) and has a large base threat value that CB/SW don't have, so revenge should always take precedence over CB/SW yes.

I know flowcharts aren't the best place to put details, but Shockwave has serious issues on large target boxes (i.e. raid bosses).

<3 the chart Karilyn

Am I missing something or is it "implied" that Heroic strike will be thrown in between every GCD(rage dependent I know but that hasnt really been an issue)?
    Last edited by Smokeater; 11-10-2008 at 05:41 PM.

Heroic strike is on next swing and doesn't take up a GCD..It is implied that you use it when you have enough rage 30+ should warrant heroic strike and directly after a revenge (as you should have that lovely glyph)

The flowchart is correct, but it would be nice to note what's been said about the issues with shockwave.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Thanks NIcki, thats what I thought. Just wanted to make sure i wasnt missing anything. And Yes it is a terrific glyph

i'm not sure why you have revenge at a such low priority on step 4. My revenge hits for more then my cb or sw and it gives more threath. Sw also have hitbox issues so it should probbably be at the bottom in step4. Also note that revenge gives a free hs(with glyph) and a 30% chance of a free SS. So imo revenge is always nr 1 priority unless SS is up. Other then that its a great chart. Kudos for the nice work.

Also tc isnt that bad since it have a 1.85 threat modifier before def stance is counted, i think my tc does somewhere between 1500-2000threat. Unless i got the numbers mixed up....

Can I just ask, the ideal what rotation… Are you after threat, DPS or mitigation with this rotation? Are you raid tanking or just pugging dailies I.e. devastation does very nice threat & damage but the big reason people put it up in raids is usually for the sunders.
    Eg.
    I love TC and keep it up ALL the time while tanking but I want it for the extra survivability it gives me & could care less what threat/ damage it does.
    Last edited by ussnorway; 11-10-2008 at 06:47 PM.

That looks awesome! That's exactly how I envision my threat "rotation". Very good job Karilyn.

Notes taken about Shockwave and Revenge.

Moving Revenge higher up on the chart.
    [Female Tauren Warrior]

if you add 1 addendum to the left side of the chart that says *Note: Shockwave may have hitbox issues, so please be aware you may need to move into a boss to hit him with it then move back out.

Something along those lines and it's basically the best TPS rotation we've got.

Looks good. I take it this is assuming a reasonable amount of HS spamming going on, rage permitting. Eh, its a completely different animal so yeah, I dun see how it would fit the chart.

The chart looks correct and would be a good tool for new warriors. I think most veterans do this by instinct and/or in thier sleep. At least up to integrating conc/SW into a single target scheme, probably. Me being lazy doesn't often add eother in on single targets much for threat because, well, having a 100K threat lead means its not strictly necassary. I wonder what the effective DPs gain is from using those 2 skills assuming a single target immune to both effects.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

+ Reply to Thread