+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Precise strikes vs 2% threat

Precise strikes vs 2% threat

I'm curious if 15 hit outweighs 2% threat for threat gen...15 hit is almost 1% hit, so I'm leaning toward the idea that it's less useful, but is there some magic about hit vs just pure additional threat that I'm not thinking of? I'd LIKE for the hit enchant to be better, but I can't think of any way that it would be.

As far as TPS is concerned; 2% threat = 2% hit.

2% threat is a better threat enchant, but the hit one has other advantages, namely less Taunt resists and more DPS.

Plus, 2% threat doesn't help much when your abilities miss. The hit enchant increases your minimum threat output, when nothing does your way, which is potentially more important.

So do you think it would be fair to say that Threat raises your ceiling but leaves your floor unaffected while Hit raises your floor and your ceiling (and, incidentally, your dps)?

Hrm...maybe there is a good argument for using the hit enchant instead of the threat one...

The hit enchant will probably be better if you're vastly under the hit cap but as you approach it, the 2% threat enchant will probably gain in value.

I've found that if you're roughly around 100-130 at present, you'll probably get more value out of the 2% threat but if you're still around 50-70 hit, precise strikes may net you more.

If your DPS can never reach your threat anyway, don't really need 2%...on the other hand missing a Shield Slam at the beginning of a fight can REALLY suck...

also if your gona solo alot of mobs...like leveling in wrath hit will be better....

+ Reply to Thread