+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dear, Paladin's what do you think of this build?

Dear, Paladin's what do you think of this build?

What do you think of this talent build? It came up on an applicant. Not sure if it's any good.

The World of Warcraft Armory
    Tanks: We like it rough.

Not good, not bad. wastes points in reckoning that are better spent elsewhere. but perfectly passable.

Most people put those points in 1/2 improved judgement and improved devotion aura w/ a point in judgements of the just.

Spec for what MT, OT, AOE tanking?

If you are trying to make a general spec my comments would be

1. 3 pts in Stoicism why? I can name the mobs that stun the tank on my hand and it isnt very long and I dont know any that dispell your spell. Its more a PVP talent.

2. 5 points in reckoning ... it generates an extra hit = little extra threat .. Only really would I bother if I had threat issues which you shouldn't

3. 3 points Shield of the templar ... we dont get the spell its intended for till 75 at 70 all it will do is increase your AS damage and your Holy Shield damage when someone hits you. No real value to it until 75 leave it till then.

4. 2 Points in judgement of the just ... if you are tanking a boss it slows its speed down by 20% thats 20% less damage you will take you want 2 points in it its our version of thunderclap.

5. 1 point in improved judgements this sets up 696 rotation of spells for smooth spell rotation cast times. Not sure what we mean read up on it Maintankadin :: View Forum - Talent Specs

So 11 points from your spec 3 spent ... you have 8 to play with .. I agree with all the other choices.

There would be arguements to take kings but it will depend what you are doing.
    Last edited by uglybbtoo; 11-10-2008 at 12:04 AM.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

Just as FYI, shield of the templar also provides 3% damage reduction, it's still a must have talent.
    Worlde - Prot Paladin
    Darkworldie - Tank DW Frost DK
    Uord - Prot Warrior
    Huordie - Feral / Resto Druid

Thank you all for the commentary. I really should roll a paladin one of these days and learn your voodoo magic O_o
    Tanks: We like it rough.

It's not great. I think the biggest 'argh no!' is Stoicism, for me. Particularly as Imp Dev Aura isn't in the build.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldie View Post
    Just as FYI, shield of the templar also provides 3% damage reduction, it's still a must have talent.
    Ahhh crudz when did they sneak the 3% in .... time for a respec then ... guess it 56/5 for me
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

No Judgements of the Just is fail. 2/2 is a requirement. Full Reckoning and Stoicism with no Imp Devotion Aura is also fail.

Best option at 70 is to move 2 points from Reckoning into JotJ and all the points from Stoicism to Imp Devotion Aura. As he levels he should end up with 1 point in Imp Judgement as well, 5 points in Seals of the Pure (from the Holy tree), and then he can put the other 4 talents wherever.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Quote Originally Posted by uglybbtoo View Post
    Spec for what MT, OT, AOE tanking?
    4. 2 Points in judgement of the just ... if you are tanking a boss it slows its speed down by 20% thats 20% less damage you will take you want 2 points in it its our version of thunderclap.
    Yes we should get it. But it isn't equivalent to 20% damage decrease, it's less, depending on the boss. Bosses have other skills aside from melee swings. Still, yes, we should get it.

+ Reply to Thread