+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: WotLK Fury Gear Guide

You've weighted armor up too much (should be .0075 not .075) which would swing the favor of plate on close matches.

Also, and this would take Corb to confirm, I am not sure if all the items are sorted by SEP or more eyeing it. And then there is the case of a few item changes etc... which is why I would advocate a thread like this be made with the wowhead links using Corbs weight and then the discussion about any outliers (if any).
    The beast is getting hungrier.

I kind of like the way SEP works in the EJ spreadsheet. I recalculate the SEP after each new piece and update the lookup lists to reflect what pieces will best provide what the SEP says are important. So far seems to work ok, slight shifts in gear but nothing earth shattering. Leather still out itemises plate in a number of slots.

Hello there,

I was wondering if this item is worth, since it got boosted again in 3.1 PTR.

[Darkmoon Card: Death]
    Binds when picked up
    Unique-Equipped
    Trinket
    Requires Level 80
    Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 85 (1.85% @ L80).
    Equip: Each time you deal damage, you have a chance to do an additional 1750 to 2250 Shadow damage.

Thanks for the guide, Thanks!

In prep for duel specs, I've been putting gear together gear for a TG spec (I'm presently prot) and had two questions:

1. Is it worth getting 2 Titansteel Destroyers to start with until something drops? Or is there something else I s/b aiming for (Axe from HoL granted, but any others?)

2. Being a JC, are the Titanium Impact ring and neck worth crafting given that there is no str on them?

Thanks for the advice.

1. Is it worth getting 2 Titansteel Destroyers to start with until something drops? Or is there something else I s/b aiming for (Axe from HoL granted, but any others?)
    Runeblade of Demonstrable Power - Item - World of Warcraft
    Revered with Knights of the Ebon Blade. Far better offhand than titansteel destroyer.

2. Being a JC, are the Titanium Impact ring and neck worth crafting given that there is no str on them?
    Give the cost of the mats, I am not sure they would. I would go for the badge neck first and consider making the ring. But I think that is all dependent on any number of personal factors.
    The beast is getting hungrier.

TG Destroyers are unique......

Thanks Nuberino, I've been working on the KotEB rep anyhow, and I came to the same conclusion regarding the crafted items.

also,

Thanks Tatt, I already have two, but thankfull I haven't equiped them. Guess I'll sell one.

not sure if this has been done before, but I created a WoWHead Gear List with the SEP from the first post, sorted by slot.

I have this open when raiding to determine where things are relatively. Only problem with this (and with the lists like these in general) is that SEP changes each time you get gear. When you have enough ExP for instance to hit the 18 softcap, it's SEP value in effect should be 0 right ?

Items - World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Warwench View Post
    not sure if this has been done before, but I created a WoWHead Gear List with the SEP from the first post, sorted by slot.

I have this open when raiding to determine where things are relatively. Only problem with this (and with the lists like these in general) is that SEP changes each time you get gear. When you have enough ExP for instance to hit the 18 softcap, it's SEP value in effect should be 0 right ?

Items - World of Warcraft
    Perhaps not 0, as u can still benefit from it, until the hard cap value, as u can take the points on weapon mastery and spend them elsewhere. But it should have a lower SEP value, or 0 if you don't care about the talent points.

As it's been said, it's very hard to make an absolut listing of gear value, as each item's value changes acordingto your current stats.
    As to your list, there's a major flaw, as u don't value the procs, wich directly influence the dps. That's why the Battematers trinket have an higher value than Mirror of Truth, disregarding the proc (health vs 1000 AP).

Your list, as tankspot's, is a good reference for people starting to gear up.

I've yet to come across a perfect system for calculating all the variables, speccialy the Tier Bonuses, and minimum ratings (hit), and, though there are some good aproaches out there (maxdps and rawr), it's still up to you to decide.

Perhaps not 0, as u can still benefit from it, until the hard cap value, as u can take the points on weapon mastery and spend them elsewhere. But it should have a lower SEP value, or 0 if you don't care about the talent points.
    You can, but there's not a whole lot of good things to spend it on. Marginal increases at best (imp cleave, anger management, imp execute, etc). If you're at 18 expertise, it's better to just wear less expertise if you can; at the very least, keep your eyes open for non-expertise pieces to replace some of your slots.

Quote Originally Posted by ebs2002 View Post
    You can, but there's not a whole lot of good things to spend it on.
    I completly agree, but still there's a minimum gain, that's why i pointed it out. I'm considering droping one point in weapon mastery, to get improved berserker rage, to help out in some rage shortages i'm still having. But i must point out that i'm only doing it because i happened to have enought Exp, i'm not equiping myself with that goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Flinger View Post
    I've yet to come across a perfect system for calculating all the variables, speccialy the Tier Bonuses, and minimum ratings (hit), and, though there are some good aproaches out there (maxdps and rawr), it's still up to you to decide.
    Best thing I have come across for that is the Fury DPS Spreadsheet from EJ. With it I am able to recalculate the SEP after each gear change, it takes into account set bonuses, allows me to set whether Hit/Exp are 0 after softcap, calculates SEP based on procs aswell.

all in all nothing will ever be perfect unless it's released by blizzard with their full knowledge of the exact game mechanics, but through a combination of WoW Head weighting (for snapshot in time lists), chardev and the spreadsheet I feel we have 99% of what is needed to make educated choices.

I think I shall spend some time this week putting all the new Uldar plate/leather/mail/trinkets into the spreadsheet and seeing just how bad the new plate is.

Hi all,

Questions regarding SEP values and the release of 3.1- with the change of IBS from +10% AP to +20% str, won't this change the scale of the SEP values as they relate to one another considerably? Does anyone have a concrete idea as to what those SEP changes may be?

Thanks- Lang

hmm, first of all Hi everyone, my first post and all!

The second one is even if this thread was some really nice reading now with the dual-specc thing in 3.1 I was wondering if anyone made a scale for pawn (Official Pawn forums :: Index) that works?

Nice guide, i love it, btw any chance you can add season 5 gear, cus i do WG a lot and becasue of that i have 3 pieces of season 5 and 60k honor or so

umm

just wondering how would you rate Incisor Fragment - H DTK drop trinket...
    Incisor Fragment - Item - World of Warcraft

does someone have a more up to date general SEP list for fury?

this SEP list was posted in this thread but dated Febuary (is ArP really still that low...)

1 STR = 1 SEP
    1 AP = .45 SEP
    1 Crit Rating = .9 SEP
    1 AGI = .75 SEP
    1 Haste Rating = .55 SEP
    1 ArP Rating = .5 SEP
    1 Hit Rating = .3 SEP
    1 Expertise Rating = 1.1 SEP
    1 Armor = .0075 SEP

I dont have the program to run EJ's dps spreadsheet...or else i would be using that instead

ArP scales depending on how much you have i'd say with 0 arp .5 is about right but as you get closer to 30% innate I'd give it as high as .95 to 1.00 SEP

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Melancholy Sabatons - Naxx 25. Comes from EoE 25 not Nax.

The new plate is actually not bad at all. Warrior 4pc will be BIS, dropping gloves for Gloves of Bitter Reprisal - Items - Sigrie (Those are the hard mode drop).

+ Reply to Thread