+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 141

Thread: WotLK Fury Gear Guide

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21
    few things come to mind.

    sons of hodir have some nice plate dps shoulders rep reward.

    engineer's can craft a nice dps gun.

    heroic UK has a nice pair of plate dps pants drop.

    leather workers can craft a nice cloak.

    dont know how to link items.
    Last edited by nosebone; 12-23-2008 at 05:05 PM.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiboy View Post
    Added. Also added all previous comments, as well as other miscellaneous items.

  4. #84
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    141
    am i reading your trinkets list correctly? grim troll is listed ahead of bandit's insignia? im trying to figure out why bandit's is not getting a higher spot. the 190 ap plus the proc are great. the proc alone is usually about 1.5% of my dps and the 190 ap is really nice. trolls hit is not really needed unless your really low on hit and the proc is not that great either. please explain how or if your listing troll as a better ranked trinket.

  5. #85
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    24
    why are the SEP values for head slots the only ones listed?

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by nomopofomo View Post
    why are the SEP values for head slots the only ones listed?
    Because I am lazy, and because I keep adjusting the values.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by pompuspilot View Post
    am i reading your trinkets list correctly? grim troll is listed ahead of bandit's insignia? im trying to figure out why bandit's is not getting a higher spot. the 190 ap plus the proc are great. the proc alone is usually about 1.5% of my dps and the 190 ap is really nice. trolls hit is not really needed unless your really low on hit and the proc is not that great either. please explain how or if your listing troll as a better ranked trinket.
    If you have any numbers on uptime, then link them. I have not personally tested Bandit's, but it looks underwhelming at best.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    141
    heres my last naxx25 wws Wow Web Stats

    the proc is almost exactly every 45 seconds and it hits for 2100 avg damage and crits alot. you say it looks underwelming yet grims troll looks better to you? im having trouble understanding how a raiding warrior is short on hit and the proc on troll is definitely not work that much.

    whats also really nice about bandits proc is on fights where your damage is buffed so is its proc...on thaddius 6 procs did 29000 damage...im gona try and get grims when it drops since it is a good tank threat trinket..when i do ill do some tests on its dps versus bandit's, but i have to say any raiding warrior that equips grims over bandits is definitely losing out on dps.
    Last edited by pompuspilot; 01-02-2009 at 06:47 PM.

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    420
    So over the whole night, the proc accounted for a whopping 1% of your dps. Grim Toll's proc, averaged out, will be WELL beyond a 1% damage increase. Yes, hit is a lackluster stat after the specials cap, but still useful in a TG build.

    Using Thaddius as a benchmark for anything is pretty silly though.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    141

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    420
    woo

  12. #92
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Corbusier View Post
    woo
    i thought this was a serious post about gear listing in order of damage output. it is obvious to me that you are either not willing nor able to verify if in fact a trinket is or isnt an upgrade. all you said was the trinket i mentioned "underwhelming at best" without any numbers to back up your assumption. have you done the numbers on grims troll yet? the only thing that should be considered when figuring out the dps of grims is the proc. the hit is not going to increase your dps unless your under the hit cap. i dont know what kind of gear your wearing but every tg warrior i have seen has easily 13 to 15% hit without gemming or enchanting hit, i had 605 hit at one point in all off set peices, now that i have better gear i have 392 hit.

    so my point is 190 attack power along with another 1.5% proc on avg is going to be better then the arm pen proc on trolls. if you have numbers that state otherwise then please post them. untill then im done with reading your assumptions

  13. #93
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by pompuspilot View Post
    so my point is 190 attack power along with another 1.5% proc on avg is going to be better then the arm pen proc on trolls. if you have numbers that state otherwise then please post them. untill then im done with reading your assumptions
    You don't have any actual math to back up your assumptions either, and you're stating your opinions as if they were facts.

    I have neither trinket, but from eyeballing the two trinkets, Grim Toll is better. ~40% ArP on proc will generate about a 12% damage increase (after sunders/Imp FF) assuming you have 20% of your damage from bleeds. The trinket has an uptime of roughly 18% uptime, averaging out to ~2.3% damage increase.

    Neither trinket is amazing; the difference is small, and either should be replaced by Loetheb's Shadow, Greatness, Mirror, FotFF. So it's hardly even worth arguing about, and this will be my last post on the subject until actual math or testing is posted.

    the hit is not going to increase your dps unless your under the hit cap
    ^ is also a ludicrous thing to say.
    Last edited by Corbusier; 01-04-2009 at 04:44 PM.

  14. #94
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    269
    This guide is very useful. I like it.

    However, you assuming the warrior is already hit capped kind of hurts the value of certain gear, in my mind. I'd love another list where hit isn't at .3 SEP, assuming the warrior isn't at hit cap.

  15. #95
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    This guide is very useful. I like it.

    However, you assuming the warrior is already hit capped kind of hurts the value of certain gear, in my mind. I'd love another list where hit isn't at .3 SEP, assuming the warrior isn't at hit cap.
    Go to lootrank.com and input your own values, using 1.1 for hit. Viola!

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    522
    To the previous-previous poster, hit is still providing DPS because you can still increase your white damage, it's only the specials that won't get helped, if my understanding is correct.

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    269
    I understood that, but assuming the warrior starts off at special hit cap hurts the value of certain gear, since getting to 10-12% hit still requires a bit of thinking, and some of the gear that's listed as best in slot has no +hit on it.

  18. #98
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I understood that, but assuming the warrior starts off at special hit cap hurts the value of certain gear, since getting to 10-12% hit still requires a bit of thinking, and some of the gear that's listed as best in slot has no +hit on it.
    Then you'll have to take that into consideration when looking at the rankings.

    This will be a much easier assumption to make in the next patch when the hit penalty is removed.

  19. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    269
    Not..really. I'd still like to maintain 10-12% hit for rage generation.

  20. #100
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Not..really. I'd still like to maintain 10-12% hit for rage generation.
    What you'd like and what is best may be different things. What needs to be determined is if keeping that hit, thus ensuring you hit more cooldowns, is better than the mathematically better stats.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts