+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: WotLK Fury Gear Guide

dropping WM into imp execute new way to go maybeh? ditto for precision if you've got too much hit.
    The girl who's hard to get.

Precision is a keeper.

Hey Corb,

Thanks for the guide, I really appreciate it.

Two questions: I'm fury atm, and I've got a lot of green gear with hit and some blues with hit, and putting it all on, I'm at 357 hit rating...but my AP tanks to 2200 and my crit in berzerk stance is 18%.

Should I aim to cap hit first? Gonna do Naxx 10 with guild tomorrow, so I don't know if I should put some str/crit gear on.

I mean my stats really suck...and your guide assumes 361 hit. I have a lot of pieces in the guide already, like the Flame-Bathed Steel Girdle. The pieces are good and all, but my hit rating will take a hit then.

I don't really understand then how to gear. If I go for the gear you posted, with the high hit I have, then the hit will eventually just go down. And if I wear all my hit gear, my stats really suck.

2nd question: Do you read your guide top to bottom for each section? Cause it looks like you put some mail/leather blues that don't have as good stats as some plate near the bottom.

Thank you very much.

EDIT: There's an expertise cap too...and it seems theres one for dodge and parry...I'm guessing cap the dodge expertise since I'll be behind the boss? Also...cap this right after hit? or work on other stats?
    Last edited by Herbaltylenol; 12-04-2008 at 01:03 AM.

Errr 2 more quick things...would it be advisable to just go arms then to dps in raids with the gear I have?

Also, I'm very close to getting a Titansteel Destroyer, and I plan to dw it with Colossal Skull-Clad Cleaver. Is this a good choice? The cleaver doesn't have hit though...and I'll be below hit cap for sure if I dw those. Currently I'm weilding Monolithic + deraged war axe.

Thanks again.

OK, I am not much of a numbers man although I always seem to get lucky and top the charts for dps, at least situationally in TBC Black Temple.

I have leveled as Arms but know that TG is my future. With the goal of gemming as little as possible, I have ALWAYS used Strength gems soley unless I need to make my Meta Gem work.

With WotLK I am a bit out of sink and if I could get some basic answers I would be greatful. Sorry if some seem trivial.

1. Am I right in understand that the hit cap (with 3/3 Prec) is 361 for TG and 197 for Arms?

2. In TBC I never really bought into the over 200 hit to do good dps, and at 150 or so, I always put out great numbers against other who did sacrifice gem slots to hit vs str. Would gemming +16 Str again in WotLK carry a heavier penalty for not taking hit gems?

3. In order of importance, there seem to be some major differences of importance of stats. After looking at your SEP, wowhead's weight scale, and maxdps.com, they all seem to have some major differ. *note I am not sure if maxdps has a difference in their Extra Stat Contributions with TG vs Arms, and it took my stats from armory which is currently arms.

Per +10 in stats you have Expertise as a slight leader over Strength with Crit close behind and Agility ahead of APR. Wowhead is really generic it seems as they do not even consider haste... have Expertise twice as good as Str/Hit/and AP (20) ..which they have tied. Obviously their weights are wrong.... but are adjustable. Maxdps on the other hand puts a HUGE emphasis on APR... APR for them is more than double hit, which is slightly better than expertise and then strength. With all that jibberish being said. Knowing that Str is always great than AP of the same number etc. Where do Expertise and Armor Penetration really lie with both Arms and Fury.

Thanks for clarification on any of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbaltylenol View Post
    Hey Corb,

Thanks for the guide, I really appreciate it.

Two questions: I'm fury atm, and I've got a lot of green gear with hit and some blues with hit, and putting it all on, I'm at 357 hit rating...but my AP tanks to 2200 and my crit in berzerk stance is 18%.

Should I aim to cap hit first? Gonna do Naxx 10 with guild tomorrow, so I don't know if I should put some str/crit gear on.

I mean my stats really suck...and your guide assumes 361 hit. I have a lot of pieces in the guide already, like the Flame-Bathed Steel Girdle. The pieces are good and all, but my hit rating will take a hit then.

I don't really understand then how to gear. If I go for the gear you posted, with the high hit I have, then the hit will eventually just go down. And if I wear all my hit gear, my stats really suck.

2nd question: Do you read your guide top to bottom for each section? Cause it looks like you put some mail/leather blues that don't have as good stats as some plate near the bottom.

Thank you very much.

EDIT: There's an expertise cap too...and it seems theres one for dodge and parry...I'm guessing cap the dodge expertise since I'll be behind the boss? Also...cap this right after hit? or work on other stats?
    1. You use the best item available to you. Before the specials cap, his is merely more valuable than after. It's not the end-all-be-all stat.

2. The sections are ROUGHLY in proper order. There is no confusion on my part, though SEP values may change the ranking as I update them.

3. Yes, expertise cap (for dps) is 6.5%, the dodge chance of raid bosses. Obviously Weapon Mastery cuts the needed expertise from gear to 4.5%.

I've had to gem for hit for certain pieces. I think only one socket though. Other than that, I've gemmed for the meta, and pure strength. I'm mainly a prot warrior, but on those days where we have too many tanks on, I love going fury. I do great damage, I have an almost equal set of gear and I know how to play one pretty well. Here's my armory link
    The World of Warcraft Armory
    Some of my gear is not enchanted, mainly because I'm waiting for certain enchants to get cheaper, or I'm waiting for better upgrades.

Are there any items right now available out of raid instances that would be a noticeable upgrade to any of my gear?

Heya, been lurking here for a while and decided to register to respond to this post. First off, thank you for posting this guide.

And secondly, according to this rating system both the leather and mail Engineering goggles score higher than the plate ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Corbusier View Post
    169.46 SEP: Charged Titanium Specs - Engineering - Charged Titanium Specs - Item - World of Warcraft
    172.74 SEP: Truesight Ice Blinders - Engineering - Truesight Ice Blinders - Item - World of Warcraft
    179.49 SEP: Weakness Spectralizers - Engineering - Weakness Spectralizers - Item - World of Warcraft

Kinda bothers me as an Engineer that all of these goggles are beat by the BoE BS helm.

Also, some trinkets I stumbled upon while looking around on wowhead:
    40.15 SEP (+proc): Tears of Bitter Anguish - Nascent Val'kyr - Tears of Bitter Anguish - Item - World of Warcraft
    Low drop-rate off a mob in Storm Peaks.

~190 SEP: Darkmoon Card: Greatness(Str version) - Quest - Darkmoon Card: Greatness - Item - World of Warcraft
    According to this comment on wowhead there are versions for each of the 4 stats mentioned and it has ~33% uptime.
    Last edited by Vampiric161; 12-06-2008 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Grammar.

This may be a dumb question. But why does Agility get such a high SEP?

If you compare to Crit = 0.9SEP, and AGI giving 0.25% per point it seems way to high. It adds dodge, but is that a factor in a DPS spec. It adds 2 points of armor per AGI, so there is some AP benefit through talents, but its fairly small. What am I missing here?

Quote Originally Posted by Homerstang View Post
    This may be a dumb question. But why does Agility get such a high SEP?

If you compare to Crit = 0.9SEP, and AGI giving 0.25% per point it seems way to high. It adds dodge, but is that a factor in a DPS spec. It adds 2 points of armor per AGI, so there is some AP benefit through talents, but its fairly small. What am I missing here?
    Consider:

With kings, it takes 56.8 agi to equal 1% crit.
    It takes 45.9 crit rating to equal 1% crit.

So 1 agi ~ .81 crit.

Since I put crit at .9, that makes agi .73, and I rounded to .75 for ease of use.

wowhead has added a item stat weight value feature to their item searching.

I have entered the values listed on the front page (also using the same value for hit as expertise) and come up with the following:

Armor - Items - World of Warcraft

If you are expertise capped, you would change the expertise value to zero, or simply remove it. If you are hit capped, you would change the value of hit to 20.

Seems like a pretty nice feature for quick reference.

That is quite nice, thanks.

Vengeance Bindings
    That was the only glaring omission I saw after glancing over it.

I'm sorry, but I searched on EJ and the Internet for this. I'm new to Furying instances. What's SEP?
    Edit: for others like me it turns out to be "strength equivalency points"--a method of equalizing all stats for easy comparison.

Next question: are the lists without the SEP rankings on them organized pretty much in order from worst to best in your rough estimation?

Thanks. I love tankspot, and can you please make the idiots at EJ make their site more time friendly for those of us who don't have the time to gear up our WoW characters and scour the cryptic forums of the inarticulate math-wizzes over there? Cider if you read this please Crit-shockwave EJ into their senses.
    Last edited by demuck; 12-17-2008 at 01:50 AM.

Corb, quick question. Out of the 10man/25man raid instances right now, what weapons would be considered top dps. The first 3 in the list, anyway. If it helps, I'm an orc.

Next question: are the lists without the SEP rankings on them organized pretty much in order from worst to best in your rough estimation?
    Roughly, yes. I'm still tweaking the SEP values, and until I find a site or spreadsheet I can enter the values into, updating each item is painfully slow.

Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Corb, quick question. Out of the 10man/25man raid instances right now, what weapons would be considered top dps. The first 3 in the list, anyway. If it helps, I'm an orc.
    Betrayer > Death's Bite > Inevitable Defeat/Jawbone/Armageddon

I think you're missing heroe/valourous gauntlets.

I'm new here and all, but this isn't considering a raid environment, correct? I mean, I figure ArP and Haste for a fury warrior would be ranked quite lower than they are due to DR on haste with a WF totem and the fact ArP is calculated after other armor debuffs. I might have misread something, but I've literally been trying to stay away from those stats for those reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Corbusier View Post
    Roughly, yes. I'm still tweaking the SEP values, and until I find a site or spreadsheet I can enter the values into, updating each item is painfully slow.
    Why not provide links to a site that you can weight the items as you please. Loot Rank for WotLK comes to mind.

I have been sitting here for the past 40 minutes trying to come up with a BIS set and this is what I have thus far. Does anyone have a better setup in mind since I'm somewhat hesitant picking up so many leather pieces.

+ Reply to Thread