+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: WotLK Fury Gear Guide

Been lurking here for a while, but this post finally has me registering and posting

Thanks for making it - this will be very helpful!

A trinket not on your list is the Meteorite Whetstone out of heroic Utgarde Pinnacle

It strikes me as being awesome for fury. How does it stack up with the other trinkets posted?

Quote Originally Posted by Orcist View Post
    Been lurking here for a while, but this post finally has me registering and posting

Thanks for making it - this will be very helpful!

A trinket not on your list is the Meteorite Whetstone out of heroic Utgarde Pinnacle

It strikes me as being awesome for fury. How does it stack up with the other trinkets posted?
    Good catch. Assuming a decent proc rate, that trinket looks excellent.

Why is hit rating so weak nin your computations?

Also Hemorrhaging Circle - Item - World of Warcraft

heroic gundrak, epic ring,.

Because after the specials cap it's pretty bad in relation to the other stats.

What do you mean by "Special Cap"? Any link?

Quote Originally Posted by t0x1 View Post
    What do you mean by "Special Cap"? Any link?
    The amount of hit you need to not miss special attacks. See my fury guide in the DPS forum here.

Ok, tell me if I'm wrong, it means this SEP rating is for hit rating after you've reach 197 hit rating? (with Precision)

Quote Originally Posted by t0x1 View Post
    Ok, tell me if I'm wrong, it means this SEP rating is for hit rating after you've reach 197 hit rating? (with Precision)
    361 at level 80, assuming a Titan's Grip build.

That's a lot of hit rating! Is that so easily reachable?

Do you personnaly have a SEP value for hit rating for those who did not reach 360 hit rating yet? Wouldn't it be pretty much like Expertise SEP (e.g. 1.1), since they have both the same rating amount per % and affect both yellow and white?

Yes, the SEP for hit would be equivalent to expertise before the specials cap.

Hey corb, noticed a lot of things missing. I'm assuming you're updating this as the days go by and as soon as wowhead uploads new item databases for them?

I am, yes. Been pretty occupied with playing the Xpac lately. Expect updates shortly.

missing helmet

Can i assume you forgot the "Planetary Helm" (Planetary Helm - Item - World of Warcraft) under the Helms section?
    Seems a pretty decent helm for TGs build. And keep up the good work!

Edit: ive just read that you will update the post soon... anyways, dont forget to include it

I'm just glad I found somebody to post some SEP values. I have been going with my own, which was more or less the same as what we've got here, but I've had a hard time finding a reliable source to compare. Thanks, Corb.

I also wanted to know how you came up with your SEP value for Agility? I came up with something closer to .675 by combining it's crit & armor(ap) attributes, am I missing something?

Edit: Forgot about Kings.
    Last edited by Nesnah; 11-26-2008 at 03:01 PM.

Agility's SEP is based on the equivalent amount of agility to equal crit rating's contribution to crit % (after Kings). Pretty sure my math is right, but I'm not 100%.

Missing Fool's Trial for necks (naxx 25) and Drake-Mounted Crossbow (heroic utgarde keep)

Also, the SEP for hit assuming hit cap can be really misleading, its a lot more difficult to special hit cap for TG at 80 than it looks like even with gemming and enchanting for hit, so something like Spiked Titansteel Helm would be much higher up on the list

Obviously, the actual values will change, sometimes drastically, depending on your overall gear and current target (and its armor). The SEP value for hit rating assumes you are over the specials cap. Gem slots assume +16 Str gems.

AGAIN: THIS IS NOT A CONCRETE VALUATION; ACTUAL STAT VALUE DEPENDS ON MANY DYNAMIC FACTORS. This is merely a rough guide.

I think what I'll do is have 2 SEP totals for items that have hit and/or expertise, indicating what their values would be both before and after the respective caps. On a side note, expertise is proving to be much easier to cap than I had expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Corbusier View Post
    I think what I'll do is have 2 SEP totals for items that have hit and/or expertise, indicating what their values would be both before and after the respective caps. On a side note, expertise is proving to be much easier to cap than I had expected.
    The gear is flooded with Expertise, sometimes too much. It's obvious they did this to make reaching the cap easier, but at the same time it's also annoying to have to either remove or add Expertise gems each time you get a new piece of gear that may give you more or take what you had away.

Which is why I've decided not to gem for it, despite it being a superior stat at times. Also, the surplus of expertise allows us to drop points from WM into a different talent to ensure we're getting the full benefit of itemization.

+ Reply to Thread