+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: WotLK Fury Gear Guide

Would it be possible to add where some of the higher end TBC gear fits in? From a quick glance for instance I can't imagine myself replacing T6 shoulders or chest till I enter Naxx. Or am I just completely losing it and missing the awesomeness of some of these blues and greens?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocki View Post
    Would it be possible to add where some of the higher end TBC gear fits in? From a quick glance for instance I can't imagine myself replacing T6 shoulders or chest till I enter Naxx.
    I don't plan to. And if you're in t6 quality gear, you should be able to figure this out on your own.

*Also updated 11/11 with some more plate items.

A small issue, but I see you have "Shoulderplates of Bloodshed - Naxx 10" twice, which would possibly confuse the order of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Qoma View Post
    A small issue, but I see you have "Shoulderplates of Bloodshed - Naxx 10" twice, which would possibly confuse the order of power.
    Good catch, thanks. Fixed.

Good list, great job on organizing it all. One comment I have: After looking through the gear, is anyone else noticing that leather gear still seems to have better stats, for the most part? I thought Blizzard wanted us Fury warriors to get away from that? Looks like I'll be angering the rogues and ferals in my group once we get to Naxx.

Not sure if Corb took it into account, but remember that armed to the teeth will add 3AP for every 180 armor we have...so the difference between the leather and plate gear needs to be reevaluated...for example I have the badge dps leather boots, which were much better than skullshatter ZA boots pre 3.0...post 3.0, as long as you do not need the hit rating the ZA boots just got sexier.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatt View Post
    Not sure if Corb took it into account, but remember that armed to the teeth will add 3AP for every 180 armor we have...so the difference between the leather and plate gear needs to be reevaluated...for example I have the badge dps leather boots, which were much better than skullshatter ZA boots pre 3.0...post 3.0, as long as you do not need the hit rating the ZA boots just got sexier.
    It's a pretty small stat difference in the end. And the badge boots were never far-and-away batter than the skullshatter. Hell they were marginally better. Now they're likely dead even.

But that's a moot point till I can establish an SEP system to get more precise rankings.

Even with Armored to the Teeth, a lot of the DPS plate is still inferior to leather or mail pieces; the stats just fall short. I have the skullshatters, and with Armored to the Teeth, they are ~15 AP better than the badge leather boots. I'm not sure of the agility to crit ratio in wrath, but if it is anywhere near what it is currently in BC, then I'm going to be running around in a lot of leather, because the stats are better.

I did not say that leather was not better in many slots, just that we had to factor in plate's armor into the equation.

Waiting..

Great job! i look forward to see the whole list complete with all the values.

Helms are updated with preliminary SEP rankings. Feel free to check my math, I'm sure I missed something.

Edit: Annnnd I did. I accounted for meta slots, but not other gem slots.
    Edit 2: Fixed. Assumed +16 str gems for all non-meta slots.
    Last edited by Corbusier; 11-11-2008 at 06:10 PM.

I was actually working on a similar list, but you're way ahead of me. I figured I'd do a little of the leg work, if you don't mind. Feel free to use or correct as you see fit.

I didn't include the procs on the Vestige of Haldor or the Bandit's Insignia, as I don't really know how to rate them. The Mirror of Truth is a 10% proc on crit rate, with a probable 45 sec. internal cooldown, so I averaged it out to 1ppm.

35.75 SEP (+proc) Vestige of Haldor - Utgarde Pinnacle - Vestige of Haldor - Item - World of Warcraft
    39.05 SEP Frenzyheart Insignia of Fury - Frenzyheart Tribe Rep (Exalted) - Frenzyheart Insignia of Fury - Item - World of Warcraft
    39.50 SEP Talisman of the Tundra - Quest Reward - Talisman of the Tundra - Item - World of Warcraft
    38.90 SEP Braxley's Backyard Moonshine - Quest Reward - Braxley's Backyard Moonshine - Item - World of Warcraft
    45.00 SEP Talon of Hatred - Quest Reward - Talon of Hatred - Item - World of Warcraft
    45.20 SEP Fury of the Encroaching Storm - Quest Reward - Fury of the Encroaching Storm - Item - World of Warcraft
    63.90 SEP Oracle Talisman of Ablution - The Oracles Rep (Exalted) - Oracle Talisman of Ablution - Item - World of Warcraft
    52.40 SEP First Mate's Pocketwatch - Quest Reward - First Mate's Pocketwatch - Item - World of Warcraft
    85.50 SEP (+proc) Bandit's Insignia - Naxx 25 - Bandit's Insignia - Item - World of Warcraft
    125.85 SEP Loatheb's Shadow - Naxx 25 - Loatheb's Shadow - Item - World of Warcraft
    150.60 SEP (assuming 1 ppm) Mirror of Truth - 40 Emblems - Mirror of Truth - Item - World of Warcraft
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 11-11-2008 at 08:36 PM.

Hey thanks a lot Oda! Feel free to tackle anything you want, it'll take me quite a while to do it myself.

make sure you use Wowhead: LF1M: You! as your domain now since wotlk.wowhead.com no longer properly links. I've fixed yours Oda for now.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Yeah, updating the SEP is mostly legwork now...and I have a lot of time at my job at the moment.

21.60 SEP K3 Pachyderm Prevention Device - Quest Reward - K3 Pachyderm Prevention Device - Item - World of Warcraft
    23.10 SEP Hardened Vrykul Throwing Axe - Halls of Lightning - Hardened Vrykul Throwing Axe - Item - World of Warcraft
    30.30 SEP Dragon Slayer's Shortbow - Quest Reward - Dragon Slayer's Shortbow - Item - World of Warcraft
    35.40 SEP Trophy Gatherer - Utgarde Pinnacle - Trophy Gatherer - Item - World of Warcraft
    38.70 SEP Projectile Activator - Halls of Lightning - Projectile Activator - Item - World of Warcraft
    36.90 SEP Razor-sharp Ice Shards - Quest Reward - Razor-sharp Ice Shards - Item - World of Warcraft
    33.70 SEP Crossbow of the Storms - Quest Reward - Crossbow of the Storms - Item - World of Warcraft
    42.60 SEP Hemet's Trophy Gun - Quest Reward - Hemet's Trophy Gun - Item - World of Warcraft
    49.60 SEP Zombie Sweeper Shotgun - Argent Crusade Rep (Revered) - Zombie Sweeper Shotgun - Item - World of Warcraft
    40.95 SEP Upgraded Dwarven Hand Cannon - ? Emblems - Upgraded Dwarven Hand Cannon - Item - World of Warcraft
    63.75 SEP Lillehoff's Winged Blades - 15 Emblems - Lillehoff's Winged Blades - Item - World of Warcraft
    60.70 SEP Spinning Fate - Naxx 25 - Spinning Fate - Item - World of Warcraft
    64.85 SEP Arrowsong - Naxx 25 - Arrowsong - Item - World of Warcraft
    82.80 SEP Envoy of Mortality - Naxx 25 - Envoy of Mortality - Item - World of Warcraft

Also, thanks Kaz.
    Last edited by Oda; 11-12-2008 at 04:57 PM.

Thanks again Oda!

I don't believe that number for expertise rating. Hit rating I can see being abysmally low due to rage generation allowing almost 100% HS rate on the MH, but expertise rating should be just as good as it was pre-expansion. Is there any chance you calculated SEP values with expertise rating nearly capped and clipped its effectiveness?

I just threw a bunch of random WotLK gear down in Landsoul's sheet and came up with a 1.1617 SEP value for expertise rating at 80.

It does look rather low. Maybe something's off on my SS. I'll have a look.

Yeah, I just tried it again and came up with 1.1-1.2 on most gear sets. I'll adjust the rankings when I'm done leveling >.>
    Last edited by Corbusier; 11-17-2008 at 02:15 PM.

Did these with 1.1 as the expertise value. I also eyeballed the trinkets and ranged, none have expertise, and don't need to be adjusted.

Rings:
    35.60 SEP Band of the Bloodletter - Quest Reward - Band of the Bloodletter - Item - World of Warcraft
    45.75 SEP Bent Crocolisk Tooth - Quest Reward - Bent Crocolisk Tooth - Item - World of Warcraft
    36.30 SEP Kurzel's Rage - Quest Reward (Drak'Tharon Keep) - Kurzel's Rage - Item - World of Warcraft
    44.40 SEP Milan's Mastercraft Band - World Drop - Milan's Mastercraft Band - Item - World of Warcraft
    44.70 SEP Iceforged Battle Ring - Quest Reward - Iceforged Battle Ring - Item - World of Warcraft
    47.70 SEP Mildly Tarnished Ring - Quest Reward - Mildly Tarnished Ring - Item - World of Warcraft
    50.90 SEP Petrified Ghoul Finger - Quest Reward - Petrified Ghoul Finger - Item - World of Warcraft
    55.80 SEP Executioner's Band - Quest Reward - Executioner's Band - Item - World of Warcraft
    49.70 SEP The "D" Ring - Quest Reward - The "D" Ring - Item - World of Warcraft
    59.80 SEP Worgslayer's Ring - Quest Reward - Worgslayer's Ring - Item - World of Warcraft
    67.65 SEP Frozen Mood Ring - Quest Reward - Frozen Mood Ring - Item - World of Warcraft
    64.80 SEP Palladium Ring - Halls of Stone - Palladium Ring - Item - World of Warcraft
    72.35 SEP Band of Motivation - Quest Reward - Band of Motivation - Item - World of Warcraft
    75.15 SEP Jagged Ice Band - Quest Reward - Jagged Ice Band - Item - World of Warcraft
    78.45 SEP Bjarngrim Family Signet - Halls of Lightning - Bjarngrim Family Signet - Item - World of Warcraft
    133.50 SEP Greatring of Collision - Obsidian Sanctum 10 - Greatring of Collision - Item - World of Warcraft
    117.40 SEP Band of the Kirin Tor - Vendor (8500g) - Band of the Kirin Tor - Item - World of Warcraft
    119.40 SEP Sealing Ring of Grobbulus - Naxx 10 - Sealing Ring of Grobbulus - Item - World of Warcraft
    126.25 SEP Surge Needle Ring - Eye of Eternity 10 - Surge Needle Ring - Item - World of Warcraft
    131.00 SEP Ring of Invincibility - 25 Emblems - Ring of Invincibility - Item - World of Warcraft
    140.80 SEP Ruthlessness - Naxx 25 - Ruthlessness - Item - World of Warcraft

Thanks Oda. I also updated the helms.

+ Reply to Thread