+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recruiting for WotLK

Recruiting for WotLK

This post is intended to be more of a follow-up to the question about guilds recruiting before or after LK releases. I looked but didn't see anything about it (feel free to direct me to one if there is one, tho).

Personally, I'm going the beforehand route, and due to the current guild turmoil I knew was coming, it's been very beneficial. I wrote a new, very specific macro, looking for active, mature, motivated people willing to put in the work required to get as far in end-game as possibe, and the reaction from most people I've talked to is really positive. The funny part is the fact that I'm very blunt while I grill them for at least 10 minutes is only seeming to turn them onto the guild even more.

So yah, that's been my strategy all along: take advantage of the guild turmoil to nab some really good, temporarily homeless people, and avoid the guild turmoil on our end all together.

With that, I'm curious to hear about other people's experiences/plans, and especially curious to hear from someone whose guild has gone through the aforementioned turmoil, since I'm curious why it always happens that way. People in mine are quite content and happy to stay right where they are, and while I realize things aren't as rosy elsewhere, I still don't understand why long-time guilds break up, mass amounts of members get the boot, and so many guilds just have general chaos for a while. It's just a new xpac, after all.
    http://sigs.guildlaunch.net/wsig.php/5930002RGVDu.png
    It's not about causing more dmg, it's about taking more...
    Shad˛w Raiders

My guild is going to wait until level 80 to recruit. I find this to be a very very poor decision. We have a very solid ability to recruit people now because we are on the high end of progression. Our ability to recruit people will be lessened when we first reach 80 because we won't be ahead on progression, no one will.

I think you are making a very wise choice. Do let us know how it worked out for you.
    Tanks: We like it rough.

I think a big reason for the turmoil is that a lot of guilds get stale, even high end ones on the server (such as mine). We're full of poor players who never come prepared and generally play badly. The expansion is a good time to boot them all out and set new standards for raid invites because now we have a break from raiding for a few days (weeks I hope! ). Gear resets too - if you're not happy with your guild, you'll bide your time till the xpac. My basic point: there are things going on under the surface that naturally show themselves at xpac time.
    Last edited by Stearns; 11-09-2008 at 09:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread