+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gemming t6 shoudlers

Gemming t6 shoudlers

Hey all,
    just grabbed the t6 token from Mother's cold, dead hands last night, and realised that...ya...they are lacking. All day, I've been thinking about what to do with them to make them actually useful, and I hit on this idea: Gem them with 2 +10 dodge gems, and have them as avoidance shoulders. They can't really win as threat shoulders (t5 crushes them there) and the ones from Grull's lack defense to keep me over 490. It's unlikely that I will see the shoulders from supremous with 4 days till wrath, and I thought this might work in their place. Loss of the stamina sucks, but it's not huge, really. What do you yall think?
    Thanks
    Playing a warrior tank well is its own reward.

I think that maybe you've forgotten burning crusade ended about 3 weeks ago with massive nerfs to all content, and wrath is coming out in a few days time. Dont sweat it.

I was really hoping for a better comment than that.

I garnered a set of these recently too, along with some other T6 stuff. It struck me that most pieces weren't particularly big upgrades, all in all I ended up with an extra 1k health and armour, the set bonus, a lot of block rating, and took a bit of an avoidance hit when I swapped out my badge pants. I went with 15stams for the most part - I don't feel like I'm hurting for avoidance post-patch (I took Deflection/Anticipation as I was raiding a fair bit), and I'm not in Sunwell in the next 4 days, so I'll just enjoy the EH while questing for the next few weeks.
    Last edited by Spazlord; 11-09-2008 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazlord View Post
    I garnered a set of these recently too, along with some other T6 stuff. It struck me that most pieces weren't particularly big upgrades, all in all I ended up with an extra 1k health and armour, the set bonus, a lot of block rating, and took a bit of an avoidance hit when I swapped out my badge pants. I went with 15stams for the most part - I don't feel like I'm hurting for avoidance post-patch (I took Deflection/Anticipation as I was raiding a fair bit), and I'm not in Sunwell in the next 4 days, so I'll just enjoy the EH while questing for the next few weeks.

Now there's an answer

I went with the double 10 dodge gems, and wow...diminishing returns are in effect, gained just .65 dodge, but hey they aren't that good for anything at all, so, why not. Grats on that t6 btw SPazlord, nice to see the content eh?

4 piece T6 with the right pieces destroys alot of things. 10% more shield slam damage is win. best option is chest, pants(lots of BV here), shoulders and the belt from brutalus. if you get the bracers and the belt you can drop the shoulders but the armor/stats you lose is hefty

Quote Originally Posted by Spazlord View Post
    1K health, 1k armor, more block rating AND more avoidance. THAT is what you call "no big upgrade"?
    hell, I wanna see what's a big upgrade for you!

@topic: take two 15stam-gems.
    in fact, T5 is better in terms of aggro at some pieces. but you gain a lot of aggro during nonset-items from BT/MH and by the 4p-T6-bonus.
    even without better stats overall, I would prefer T6 just because of the look :>

IMO T6 shoulders are best on slot, even with SPW-gear (because of 4p-bonus). on every other slot you can get bigger upgrades.
    Last edited by Minya; 11-09-2008 at 09:40 PM.

The advatage of T6 shoulders is the armour value and the 4pc bonus. I personally wouldn't and don't choose the Supremus shoulders over these. Also I went with the 2x15 stam option on mine. Also who needs dodge these days? I specced out of aticipation for the purpose of gaining more threat, particularly now that sunwell radiance is gone. Personally I think you will gain more EH from gemming double stam and using these as they are. They really aren't that bad, IMO there is only one item for this slot better and chances are you won't be getting them this close to expansion. Anyway at the end of the day its up to you but my $0.02 is to gem stam.

+ Reply to Thread