+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Taking Your Calls! (Our First Call-In Show!)

Quote Originally Posted by Parah View Post
    Since no one has pointed this out yet, 105 degrees Fahrenheit is what is normal for a sauna or a hot tub.
    Err, No.. No self respecting sauna bather would go into something that luke warm. That's barely over body temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by Parah View Post
    105 degrees celsius is above boiling point, so unless you were for dinner, you wouldnt want to be in anything that temperature.
    That is correct, but I have myself been in saunas ranging from 150-185F (70-85C).
    Having lived the better part of my life in Sweden and fraternized with Finnish people does give you a good insight and experience with the finer (and hotter) points of all things Sauna

[Still waiting for someone to post the warrior build Ciderhelm was talking about in the podcast]

Great Podcast... I had a lot of fun listening.

Please stop this sauna discussion. I am regularly going into one and I am living in a SI unit system (Germany). Normal is 75 - 95 Degrees Celsius. More is possible! Yes boiling point of water is 100 Deg Celsius, but freezing point is 0 Celsius and I am out in winter without my body water going to ice. It takes time to heat up and you will not be well even some degrees above your normal body temperature. 10 - 15 minutes in above 100 C sauna is no problem if you are used to it. To get your cooldowns back I recommend a ice bath afterwards...

yep. i hope with the CoH/druid thingy cooldown implementation they will tune down the massive aoe dmg they added in BT quite a bit in wotlk. additionally, beacon should be fine in naxx where the fights are designed for multiple tanks without massive dmg to the raid (except for some fights). so bacon of light (as GC tends to call it) should be fine and you wont want to sacrifice it for something that will hopefully be reworked by the time we hit naxx

Beacon of Light

This is going way way off topic in a tank forum but, hey, why not...

The issue with Beacon is *not* using it, but how it works. If there is a second healer in the raid, using it becomes shaky at best. With a 25 man raid, the odds of it being useful drops tremendously.

I was using a TBC example of when it can be useful, that does not by any means tell you I have not used it in Beta.

The core problem with Beacon is the fact the "Mirror Heal" is based from effective heal only. So the HoT that another healer put on your target gimps your Beacon effect in a huge way.

Therefore, at this stage, Holy seems the "flexible" tree. Prot and Ret will have a hard time even picking up Blessing of Kings. At 70, with a full Beacon Spec, holy has 10 extra points for Kings and Benediction. At level 80, Sanctuary is very easy to pickup and the *ONLY* real loss in the Holy Tree is Beacon. (found here) The level 80 setup even allows for full JudgePure spec.

So, sure Sanctuary *may* be reworked before Naxx. But unless Beacon is also worked on quite a bit, I stand by my assertion that it is not as useful as Sanctuary in *SOME* cases, and this build may be very viable if you *know* you will have a Warrior tank.

Also, let's not discount the Divine Guardian effect. Beacon lets a Pally "kind of" heal 2 targets in an AoE situation. Divine Guardian helps keep EVERYONE alive in an AoE situation.

Again, I never presented this as a "Perfect" or even "Best" solution. But please don't call it rubbish because I used a TBC example for ease of understanding to non-Beta players, or assume that Sanctuary is the only thing that needs fine tuning. As it stands, Beacon is far less than it should be, and Sanctuary is far more than it should be. That sort of makes it more attractive to not take the under-powered ability and take the overpowered ability. ESPECIALLY when it is an ability that can be such a boon to my tank.

Every Holy Pally I have talked to is speccing 53/0/18 for the extra 8% crit.

Beacon's not CoH, but it's also not bad. Any time you have 2 tanks taking damage (oh hi 25 man raiding) it's amazing.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Loved the format.

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    Every Holy Pally I have talked to is speccing 53/0/18 for the extra 8% crit.

Beacon's not CoH, but it's also not bad. Any time you have 2 tanks taking damage (oh hi 25 man raiding) it's amazing.
    I stand corrected. I see the error of my ways and repent totally.

Thank you for your timely wisdom!

Nice podcast.
    The Hideous result...

+ Reply to Thread