+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Taking Your Calls! (Our First Call-In Show!)

Taking Your Calls! (Our First Call-In Show!)

Direct Download For This Podcast

0:42 My guild is preparing for Wrath of the Lich King and is preparing it's core raiding roster in advance of leveling. Is this wise?
    4:37 Warrior Shield Block -- Use it every time it's up or use it as a mini-Shield Wall?
    11:10 As community leaders, are we going to lead the fight for PVP viability?
    17:03 Given the new changes, what is the value of Crit Rating on PVP and Tanking Gear?
    19:47 Does spell damage mitigation need to be looked at for Paladins? Is Blizzard doing anything to even out magic damage from mobs?
    29:06 Why is Righteous Fury such a high Threat modifier given the goal is for tanks to deal more damage?
    31:03 Can I ask a question to each of you?
    31:15 Lore, what do you think of Paladins lack of a single target Taunt?
    36:46 Ciderhelm, what do you think of the mentality that Warriors should be the best Main Tank just because they don't bring utility?
    44:51 How do you guys feel about using Strength gems for both AP and SBV and whether it has a place outside of just Threat sets?
    46:41 What could be done to make Blessing of Sanctuary a more balanced blessing?
    1:00:12 If I sit in a sauna that is heated to 105 degrees celsius and then walk out will my cooldowns be affected?
    1:02:18 How much should people be speccing for damage as opposed to damage reduction talents?
    1:10:19 Lore, remember that time you didn't get Fallout 3?

Please beware that we cut out some of Thursday's calls due to time constraints. They may be reposted at a later date.

Ahahaha I saw that my "question" made it into that podcast somehow, even though I didn't even phone in.

To inform you: I had actually just walked out of the 105 degrees Celsius sauna when I wrote that question. Being Swedish I do have a sauna in the house . Also being the random and impulsive person I am, I just felt like throwing out a random question while sitting there with my glistening sweat infused (And naked! NAKED!) body .

Yeah, I was cooking. But it was a good boil!

Cheers for a good and fairly informative podcast.

Dig it!

Dug it!

After researching the subject, apparently that *is* a normal -- if a bit high -- temperature for a sauna.

I'm glad you guys addressed the whole "waaah how do i replace the warrior MT's" issue. Warriors, such as myself, will continue to be MT's cause we are reliable and skilled players, not just cuz we're warriors. As a non-warrior tank trying to grab that coveted MT spot, you will have to prove your skill and find an open position, not aim to replace someone.
    Galushi - 85 Dwarf Warrior - Shadowsong US Alliance.
    Branigan - 85 Goblin Warrior - Kilrogg US Horde.

given that 100 degree celsius is water boiling, that seems painfully hot for a sauna.

Quote Originally Posted by Galushi View Post
    given that 100 degree celsius is water boiling, that seems painfully hot for a sauna.
    Get BoSanc b4 you head in, 3% less damage yo!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashyn View Post
    Get BoSanc b4 you head in, 3% less damage yo!
    Stop trying to support that its necessary for everything!

lmao, nice dude, nice

If I sit in a sauna that is heated to 105 degrees celsius and then walk out will my cooldowns be affected?
    I lol'd at this part.

I had a couple questions and comments I wanted to toss out after listening to the pod cast. First great cast .. was very entertaining to listen to.

First question : How many full time tanks will a 25 man raid be running? With the dual spec option coming out it will make it alot easier for dps warriors/ret pallies and even feral druids to swap specs and tank if they have the gear. So out of the 25 raid spots just off the top how many will be set aside for actual tanks knowing others can fill the role given the situation?

In reguards to blessing of sanctuary would it be to far fetched to bake in BoS type items to our commanding shouts for warriors. Im sure that blizzzard is aware of this and will do something to rectify the tilted scales of this buff.

Arent the glyphs of heroic strike and revenge party a equalizer for not having BoS as far as rage generation goes? I admit I am not to studied up on what glyphs I will most likely be running as MT in the expansion. The 3% reduced dmg though from BoS would be a hard one to make up for unless you have a prot war OT and he puts vigilance on the MT. Food for thought anyway.

Refering to the first question, in preparation for WOTLK raids encounter, is it appropriate to factor in the number of tanks, healer and dps needed for most encounters?

Can anyone advice whether how many tanks and healers are needed in 10/25 man instance?

Hopefully with this information, we can plan the raid composition in "advance".

Quote Originally Posted by Triank View Post
    Arent the glyphs of heroic strike and revenge party a equalizer for not having BoS as far as rage generation goes? I admit I am not to studied up on what glyphs I will most likely be running as MT in the expansion. The 3% reduced dmg though from BoS would be a hard one to make up for unless you have a prot war OT and he puts vigilance on the MT. Food for thought anyway.
    Glyph of Revenge and Glyph of Heroic Strike are not equal to having BoSanc because you can have both at the same time and be even more effective.

However, I've noticed that I'm already often sitting at 100 rage with those glyphs, maybe I just need to use HS a bit more but I have a lot of trouble dumping rage because of Sword and Board and the glyphs.
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

Fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    After researching the subject, apparently that *is* a normal -- if a bit high -- temperature for a sauna.
    Of course it is! Do you think I make things up?!

105 degrees Celsius is abit over the top but I wanted to burn good that evening so I just cranked it up. Turns out my butt was actually cooking due to the heated wood I was sitting on and that I couldn't really keep my feet down else they would sting and burn. This was still with a damp towel between my flesh and the wood beneath. Nevertheless I had two successful sessions and after that I was as red as a lobster.

After that session, the following ensued:

My concussion blow stamped out that evening. Shockwave had a heated debate with my warbringer affected charge which was steaming on the matter. Devastate had reached it's boiling point and was stubborn enough to put itself on a new GCD which apparently lasted until my body temperature was normal again. Even revenge demanded that I pay a hot fine of 28 extra rage points! I asked it if it had been having discussions with mortal strike and bloodthirst on the rage costs.

All in all, a successful evening.

iTunes?

on the topic of "warriors need more utility for the raid":
    currently, warriors are the ego-utility class while the others hand out some utility to the raid.
    perhaps this difference in design philosophy needs some fixing?

Quote Originally Posted by Molloy View Post
    iTunes?
    Should be on it's way up.

+ Reply to Thread