+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior Healing

Warrior Healing

All during combat and leaving Draenei's HoT out of the mix -

As a Prot Warrior I see a lvl 75 down the road (for all warrs), I'm a miner (and thus granted some +hps) and frankly for my grind I see herbalism in my future. Anyone comment on how well the 'herb heal' works out?

Outside that, it's all mitigation, last stand, an occasional pot, possibly even a bandage. Am I missing anything?

So far so good, I'm just finding at times a little more would be nice (and thus going after the herb heal) and I bandage after most fights. *But* that's me soloing in instances [with rest xp as often as I can] which one could argue is/isn't the best thing to do [Human 44].

I don't think you're missing anything per se. The things is war is just a bit tedious to grind. Once you get gear tho, I mean I know speaking from past TBC grinding as prot spec in mostly or full epics, you really can end up being an energizer grinder, going from mob to mob. Your downtime or healing really tapers off alot once you get to the point of outright negating/mitigating or simply avoiding a larger bulk of incoming damage.

This can vary from mob to mob though.

I do not consider last stand a heal. I have bad experiences using it while grinding. Because you lose the health. In raids it can be a life saver.

I have good experiences with the herbalism heal. Cooldown seems a bit long but anytime I want to use it it seems to be available.

Do not forget buff food. Become a cook. While leveling you will encounter enough animals and you can pretty much have a stamina buffood on you at all times. (or other buffs if you want).
    And get the right gear. (for tanking would be /of the bear) that's with strength and stamina, the more stamina you have the less often you need to sit and eat.

(As you can see I'm quite a stamina junkie)
    Probably not available but nice at 70 Spyglass of the Hidden Fleet - Item - World of Warcraft, very very nice.(there are other trinkets like that on the way to 75)

You're sure that you'd want to solo-grind? Partnering up with someone, preferably a healer, is a warrior's best friend, and it's typically much faster than any solo grinding than you'll be able to do yourself, just because of the fact that there's less downtime.

I get about 19hp/sec with Ashtongue Talisman.

Figurine of the Colossus - Item - World of Warcraft

This will sustain you for a few levels if you choose to AoE grind. Enraged regeneration will help you out otherwise.

battlemaster enchant + gift of the naaru + lifeblood + figurine is allowing me almost non-stop grinding at 70 (trying to get exalted with kurenai before xpac). I am really looking forward to enraged regen to add to the list.

I'd have to say that the key to prot grind is to take as little damage as possible. What we lose in kill speed we make up in not having to eat/drink every 3 pulls.

Ugh I knew eventually a Draenei would come by and rub it in =b heh
    How's the AP scaling with the HoT, they pretty respectable heals?

I just really didn't want to be so bright blue...
    However I make take the plunge with a properly DK-shaded Draenei

blueberry!! lol I wish the male dranos looked better

As an Undead Warrior, I <3s me some Cannibalize. I never need to use Food, Bandages etc. unless I'm killing non-humanoids/undead for a prolonged amount of time. The Figurine of the Colossus = win for any AoE grinding scenario

i just wish they would stick another item like the Underspore Frond in. When your lvling up, who's gonna complain about free food, especial when you have much higher hp than everyone else.
    "Ive always wondered what we warriors say to make people attack harder, be healthier, or taunt mobs" -Orla

I've got the herb heal, but I wouldn't say it's worth leveling herbs for it. At max currently I'm getting 1200 from it, which is nice because it's usable in combat and can't be cut off like a bandage can be but the CD is long. I'll be popping it on bosses though I'm sure :P. Actually, the more I think of it this might be one of my favorite benefits from a profession. I hear skinning gives crit or something. Maybe people will pick it up for extra threat.

The herb heal is nice (particularly as its an instant cast HoT) but barely big enough to warrant rerolling herbalism for, to be honest.

The new scaling Draenai racial though... now thats saved me food bills
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

When soloing I've often used the Darkmoon Card: Heroism and Essence Infused Mushroom combo to decent effect.

+ Reply to Thread