+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: WotLK: Tank Plate List - Easy To Get Items

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Great job Root! I love lists, and as I'm not speed leveling to 80 like everyone else I 'd like to stop and check what's available down the path. Completed all quests in Borean and now starting in Howling Fjord at lvl 73

3 things:

1. This list would be even more helpful if you included lower 70's gear, so it becomes a leveling tanks guide to gear. I know many tanks race off to 80 and start gearing for the endgame stuff, but for that there's Polar's pre-Naxx list. This list woud be great for us other slow levelers

2. Some inconsistency in your ranking, would be nice if all chapters were ranked in the same way like starting with first lower level piece as number 1and cont down to lvl 80 stuff.

3. Realised myself that a lot of the Blacksmith stuff is very good for mid 70's (Tempered Saronite gear), and I couldn't find any in your list. That's where most of my T4/Kara/badge gear goes out the window.

*$
    Done!
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. -Hunter Thompson

No idea if this has been mentioned but in the helmet list you could add the Greathelm of the Titan Protectorate. It is acquired from a pretty easy quest chain.

Very nice job indeed

*$

Am I lost or did you have some comments as of where did TBC epic stuff breaks in your list?

I've been looking for that all afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by Irghen View Post
    Am I lost or did you have some comments as of where did TBC epic stuff breaks in your list?

I've been looking for that all afternoon
    I edited that out because it seemed there were too many options depending on what stats one needed more from the lack of other stats (e.g. expertise/hit/parry). But I can put that back in, I took it out when I was trying to edit the list to be more organized, but I guess if it helped you it might help others too, you should see it within the day.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. -Hunter Thompson

Please add Cobalt Bracers , they are available at 70 and have nice tanking stats.

Very Nice List!

wish i coulda had this when i first started but i think i have the hang of it :P
    Tanks: Only we can take an arrow to the face and still live.

I thought this was a quality neck early [indeed, had a hard time moving it out, heh]
    Chain of the Tolling Bell - Item - World of Warcraft
    Also I don't see one of the nice early shoulders [once again, it stuck around]
    Tundra Pauldrons - Item - World of Warcraft

Generally a very nice list here as I refine my final pre-80 nabs (77goingon78 now)

edit - could use some useful trinkets and more ranged tho
    If I can add to this in the near future, I will
    Last edited by CKaz; 04-09-2009 at 08:16 AM. Reason: additional note

This list is effing awesome for me right now. 68 Prot warrior who has just landed in Northrend. Find of the week for me.

what about boa?

I have been using boa gear to tank thus far: shoulders, chest and weapon as well as trinkets. Is it time to give them up for the gear drops and rewards beginning at 70?

this guide hasn't been updated since 2008...

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread