+ Reply to Thread

Thread: rifle of the stoic guardian or old trusty crafted

rifle of the stoic guardian or old trusty crafted

Last night I main tanked for a BT pug and we did surprisingly well. Najentus was already down when I joined but then we killed Supremus (first time for me) and he dropped his Legionkiller. I lost the roll to another tank. Then we killed Akama and Teron Gorefiend and oh yes the Rifle of the Stoic Guardian dropped. The same tank that won the Legionkiller rolled against me and won the roll but raid leader gave me the rifle because I was main tanking plus he saw that the other tank was greedy having just won one of the other best tanking ranged weapons. I'm so pumped, but also sad to see my trusty old Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer finally put to rest. I know the khorium rifle has potential for more stamina, but I had a defense gem in it due to the harder to reach 490 benchmark, other than that, I think the BT gun is better. What do you guys think?

Pop Strength gem in your Khorium Destroyer and go Slam some faces

for raid bosses the teron gun is great. for trash go ahead and put that strength gem in the gyro i guess. (ive been to lazy to switch gear for trash honestly)

BT gun is better.

Due to diminishing returns the Teron gun isn't as sexy to me as it could be. I think if you don't need any particulars, the BT gun is still better...probably, but the engy gun is a damn good gun.

I am hovering at 490, and that's due to defense gems, like the one in my engy gun. That's the value of the gun - you can customize it. It also has more max stam potential due to the socket.

I have both the Legiokiller and the Rifle of Stoic Guardian and I equip my rifle 90% of the time. Only time I equip the Gyro is when I tank Flames or have resist gear on for a particular fight.

Grats on a great weapon:

Dozer

I also agree, having the BT gun and the Gyro gun, id gem for str or hit in the Gyro and use it for trash and offtanking sets. Main tanking, use Teron gun. Its very good

I did the 5 Str and 5 Hit gem on my Khorium and use the Stoic for bosses. The Stoic gun is actually the best avoidance gun still up to Naxx 25mans at 80.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. -Hunter Thompson

+ Reply to Thread