+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Badges - Save or spend?

Badges - Save or spend?

I started playing WoW just 2-3 months ago and I hit lvl 70 with my prot warrior maybe 2-3 weeks ago. I know my gear isn't all that, but I manage in heroics and have survived the 2-3 times I've raided Kara and Maggy.

So, about badges. I have around 50 or so, haven't spent any of them yet. My question is, should I?

Will there be better badge gear in WotLK that I should save up for, or will badges be obsolete? Should I get 2-3 cheap things before the expansion or one expensive? And in that case, what?

All advice welcome...

Well it's only 7 days left. Depending on the amount of heroics / raids you will attend you may be able to 1 piece.

I would just continue playing and as soon as you hit 100 badges you buy the chest / pants or if you don't hit 100 badges and WotlK will be released next day, buy what you can get for the badges you have.

But as I understand, badges and honor won't be reset. Or am I wrong about this?

And I get about 10-12 badges a day.

Sure, badges won't reset. But you can't spend them on anything but the lvl 70 items, which will be pretty obsolete after a while in WoTLK.

Getting a ground to a lvl 70 heroic is also something you'll have to look far for, once WoTLK hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Krigermannen View Post
    Getting a ground to a lvl 70 heroic is also something you'll have to look far for, once WoTLK hits.
    Slightly off topic, but i wonder how much xp you would get from doing heroic's compared to northerend instances when wotlk ships.

Anyways i traded my badges in for gems and sold em cheap. If you dont want to do that i would look into the 75 or 100 badge pants. The 75 ones got a nice amount of bv whitch is nice for leveling as prot and the 100 ones might last you into nax unless you get a better wotlk blue.

Unless you're desperate for some def rating going into another period of levelling, the most useful thing to spend badges on might be gems or fire resistance gear (the latter depends; I'm not sure what kinds of magic fights are in the expansion).

Spend those badges to get good gear. Pug ZA, Kara, hell even pug TK Eye and see what you get but don't waste the badges by not using them. The better gear you have, the faster runs you get in. The more raids you do and the more raid experience you have today the better off you will be lvling and playing through 80.

spend them all before wrath launches. At level 80 it will be badges of heroism and valor so your badges of justice wont be very usefull at 80.

ok, thanks for all the advice. I'll spend 'em one a pair of pants, 100 badges =)

The ONLY piece of gear from badges that can not be easily upgraded before 80 are pants. So that is a good choice. However... The one piece of badge gear that may be of real use to leveling (if you are choosing to level as Protection) is the AutoBlocker. If you did not pick up the coin from Brewfest, then picking up the AutoBlocker will do nothing but help you in your trek from 70-80. While there is only a single level 80 blue trinket that increases block value, [item]Lavanthor's Talisman[/item], you can pick up the Autoblocker now. It is a trinket you WILL use for 10 levels and could be using for some time at 80 as well.

I have not done the math on the other actual armor pieces, but the past has shown us that certain trinkets are extremely hard to replace. Hell people were still using Styleen's well into T6 content. Who can tell when we will see a real upgrade to the AutoBlocker/Coin.

One option to think about: pick up a nice dps piece instead of something tanky.

Since you've probably been focusing on tank gear for the last coupla weeks, it might be worth picking something to make that grind go quicker? Depending on what weap you're carrying right now, and assuming you can get to 105, maybe pick up the dagger?

Just a thought.
    Tankity spankity.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptin View Post
    I started playing WoW just 2-3 months ago and I hit lvl 70 with my prot warrior maybe 2-3 weeks ago. I know my gear isn't all that, but I manage in heroics and have survived the 2-3 times I've raided Kara and Maggy.

So, about badges. I have around 50 or so, haven't spent any of them yet. My question is, should I?

Will there be better badge gear in WotLK that I should save up for, or will badges be obsolete? Should I get 2-3 cheap things before the expansion or one expensive? And in that case, what?

All advice welcome...
    Your chestpiece is probably one of your weakest pieces so I would try to save up enough to get the badge chest before the xpac hits. Once the xpac hits those badges are basically useless as level 80 badge style items will require a different currency.

Ok, only 10 badges left untill I get 100, and I've decided to get the chestpeace. and maybe, if I can grind up some more I'll get the autoblocker, at 10-12 badges a day, I think I can get both before the expansion.

Thanks for all the advice. Cheers.

Am i right in thinking that on release of wrath the badges are being reset ?

if so...i got to spend them now..or lose them...

aaarrgrghh ...heroic bashing for final 18 badges ....
    Belgariad: EU : Lightnings Blade. Once a Tank. Always a Tank.

I'd think you get to keep them. But what's the point in having them if you can only use them for lvl 70 items?

Bottom line is: Spend them.

You do keep them. Only thing to reset is arena points.
    Tankity spankity.

+ Reply to Thread