+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Titans Grip 3.0.3 FAQ

Titans Grip 3.0.3 Guide

It's a bit difficult to find condensed information with all the recent changes so here's a quick guide to answer questions people seem to be asking. With today's patch, and the included nerf to Arms and buff to Titans Grip, many warriors are spec'ing TG as it has become a viable alternative to a Sudden Death build.

Specs:
    Titan's Grip:
    - 2/51/8 Cookie-cutter
    This spec can change slightly depending on your level of gear and hit rating, putting more/less points into Precision for example.

Rotation:
    This is very similar to the old 17/44/0 rotation. Bloodthirst and Whirlwind should always be on cooldown, with the addition of Bloodsurge procs, and heroic Strike when over 60 rage. Titans Grip allows for -a lot- of addition rage that you will sometimes struggle to dump efficiently.

Hit Caps:
    Specials:
    174 with 3/3 Precision.
    190 with 2/3 Precision.
    206 with 1/3 Precision.
    221 with 0/3 Precision.

White attacks are effected by the base 19% chance to miss applied to dual wielding, putting a white hit base miss at 28%. Note that you will be dumping a lot of rage into heroic strikes, turning white attacks into yellow.

Weapons:
    Main-Hand:
    1. Apolyon, the Soul-Render - Speed: 3.4, Dps: 148.7
    2. Brutal Gladiator's Greatsword / Bonegrinder Speed: 3.6, Dps: 140.3
    3. The Blade of Harbringers - Speed: 3.5, Dps: 134
    4. Brutal Gladiator's Decapitator - Speed: 3.6, Dps: 140.3
    5. Torch of the Damned - Speed: 3.8, Dps: 130.6
    6. Cataclysm's Edge - Speed: 3.5, Dps: 138
    7. Vengeful Gladiator's Greatsword / Bonegrinder - Speed: 3.6, Dps: 134.2
    8. Vengeful Gladiator's Decapitator - Speed: 3.6, Dps: 134.2
    9. Twinblade of the Phoenix - Speed: 3.6, Dps: 130.4
    10. Soul Cleaver - Speed: 3.7, Dps: 130.4

Off-Hand:
    1. Apolyon, the Soul-Render - Speed: 3.4, Dps: 148.7
    2. The Blade of Harbringers - Speed: 3.5, Dps: 134
    3. Brutal Gladiator's Greatsword / Bonegrinder Speed: 3.6, Dps: 140.3
    4. Brutal Gladiator's Decapitator - Speed: 3.6, Dps: 140.3
    5. Cataclysm's Edge - Speed: 3.5, Dps: 138
    6. Torch of the Damned - Speed: 3.8, Dps: 130.6
    7. Vengeful Gladiator's Greatsword / Bonegrinder - Speed: 3.6, Dps: 134.2
    8. Vengeful Gladiator's Decapitator - Speed: 3.6, Dps: 134.2
    9. Twinblade of the Phoenix - Speed: 3.6, Dps: 130.4
    10. Soul Cleaver - Speed: 3.7, Dps: 130.4

Enchants:
    I've seen a lot of conflicting date regarding the true value or Armor Pen and the effectiveness of Mongoose in specs without Deep Wounds. So far the leaders seem to be:

Executioner MH / Executioner OH
    or
    Executioner MH / Savagery OH

Add-ons:
    In a raid environment it's sometimes difficult to notice Bloodsurge procs. EventAlert - Addons - Curse is a very small add-on that notifies you when abilities proc with a sound/icon. Here's what it looks like:

Last edited by Anik; 11-05-2008 at 09:05 PM.

Maybe it will be different with the lower hit rating penalty, but raiding TG I found myself using slam a lot more than HS, even when it wasn't a bloodsurge proc.

I second that, especially in high rage situations where you just made your swing... Instead of waiting for some 3.5 seconds, I use slam while queuing a heroic strike.. About the enchants though, even though there's no room for deep wounds, I had noticed my white damage was still a substantial amount (around 30%). I preferred to go with the old executioner/mongoose enchants. Expecting good things from this change, hopefully I'll test it in BT tonight.

You should never, ever use slam in a raid unless it is instant.

Also Titans Grip seems really solid after the tweaks in this patch. I think it's more the changes to Bloodthirst than the penalty reduction/removal, but I was having alot of fun with it tonight (and doing great damage).

We aren't talking pre-nerf sudden death/deep wounds damage, but that's better described as "retarded damage".

To be honest I found Titans Grip to be fairly competitive even before these buffs - it's just that deep wounds and sudden death completely eclipsed its output. I can't comment on performance at level 80, but I could see them restoring the 15% penalty. =/
    Last edited by Korlong; 11-04-2008 at 10:42 PM.

Why Double Executioner?

If I'm right it doesn't stacks... someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Korlong View Post
    You should never, ever use slam in a raid unless it is instant.

Also Titans Grip seems really solid after the tweaks in this patch. I think it's more the changes to Bloodthirst than the penalty reduction/removal, but I was having alot of fun with it tonight (and doing great damage).

We aren't talking pre-nerf sudden death/deep wounds damage, but that's better described as "retarded damage".

To be honest I found Titans Grip to be fairly competitive even before these buffs - it's just that deep wounds and sudden death completely eclipsed its output. I can't comment on performance at level 80, but I could see them restoring the 15% penalty. =/
    What kind of DPS were you doing with TG in comparison to 53/8 SD?

Hi anik. why are you still using arp rings. surely since the change in arp there are better rings to use..

Also what rotation are you using ?

I disagree somewhat with the 2/51/8 build..overall its very solid,but personally i feel that if u are using H-strike as a rage dump,u shouldnt spec into Imp H-strike. The 1 or two additional points could be better spent in precision to max it out,giving a little more flexibility to your gearing choices.Personally im full 61 pts in fury,but i do like the aoe dmg prospects of incite and the utility of imp t-clap. i think i will be re speccing shortly

Im guessing the 2/51/8 speck is only as a pre wotl one. because when u have enough points it would be stupid not to be spending them on deep wounds.

Korlong I am going to have to disagree with you, if you are in a low rage situation, the mob or boss is not moving, and BT and ww are on cd...what else would you use? GOGO AUTO ATTACK?

What are some of the better 2H Off Hand weapons?

Right now I am rotating between S2 mace, S2 sword, and just got a Jinrohk Sunday, hoping for a cat's edge before the xpac.

Well so far im enjoying TG. But im Running dual Harby axes and all badge gear bringing me down to a 2.2 attack speed undr flurry i think. my only problem is i feel like im wasting dps with only a 32% unbuffed crit 2K attack and 21% hit . btw. what is the program you all use for testing your dps? im interested in trying it on the dummy bec i cant figure it out from my Clog.
    thanks Elan

Well the first thing I can say elan is you're WAY too high in your hit and that will probably be the reason you feel your DPS is so low. 21% hit..wow. o.O

My suggestion is get rid of whatever hit you can and pump your AP and Crit up. Your crit's about where it should be: 33%. More is nice but not needed. You gotta work on the Ap though, that's awfully low.

My thoughts on TG right now:

So far I'm liking it. It's destroying my mobs in the dailies I do and it's a lot of fun. However, I'm going to add a few things here that people may be not realizing.

1) Remember that Slam is now in your rotation even as an instant. Get the slowest possible MH because Slam is non normalize which means you'll get more umph for Slam if you get a slow MH. Between the BoH and Bloodmoon, My Bloodmoon's in my main hand. It might be lower DPS (By about I think 6 points) but I do a good 200 more damage per shot with my Bloodmoon being there. That and I'm lazy and I'm not putting Savagery over Executionner on my Bloodmoon and Executionner on the BoH. Waste of money by this point.

2) Deep Wounds is definately a missing factor to this build. I'm not sure the double whirlwind + BT + Slam surge is helping out with the lack of damage that DW brings. I'm thinking come the Expansion a solid build will be a 19/52 That should get you most of the goodies..(I haven't even tested this but 15 points in Arms will be a must for Deep wounds for TG.)

Something in the regards of this build is what I'm looking my warrior to be set up as:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...12053120501351

That's my thoughts for now.
    Last edited by Krenian; 11-05-2008 at 08:08 AM.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Any suggestions on what to dump? bec all the badge gear seems to have hit/ArP and haste on it now. My guilds are only doing kara as well if thats any help.

Elan

Maybe it will be different with the lower hit rating penalty, but raiding TG I found myself using slam a lot more than HS, even when it wasn't a bloodsurge proc.
    The only time I'd use slam is if I have more rage than I know what to do with and HS is already queue'd. Slamming with TG and no imp slam just HURTS. Plugging in a TG spec to my ArmsDPS sheet, slam hits for 1500dmg before armor, damage loss from the cast time and rage loss from the cast time is taken into consideration. Factoring in lost damage and rage on JUST YOUR MAIN HAND (ie, not considering your loss of damage/rage from the offhand swing), you're doing 25.7dmg/rage, for a net average damage of 685.

Include windfury, and you're averaging 548dmg for 19.1 dmg/rage.

It's really a last resort.

Why Double Executioner?

If I'm right it doesn't stacks... someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    You're right, it doesn't stack. That is, the procs themselves don't stack. If both procced at the same time, you wasted a proc.

However, since they proc independently, you will have more Executioner up-time if you have double-executioner. The off-hand's uptime isn't as high as it would be if it were Mongoose, but it's still gonna proc when the MH proc isn't up.

In other words, Executioner is so much better than Mongoose that, even though your offhand procs less, the damage is still better.

Hi anik. why are you still using arp rings. surely since the change in arp there are better rings to use..

Also what rotation are you using ?
    Arp is still good, make no question about it. I have 81arp, which reduces the armor of my target nearly 11%. That makes my effective damage (the %age of pure damage that isn't absorbed by armor) at 66.7% against a 6700armor boss. Remove my arp, and my effective damage drops to 64.1%. The 81arp increases my damage by (0.667/0.641=4%).

The change that ArP made is this:
    Before, ArP scaled as you got more. At low numbers, ArP was negligable. At high numbers, ArP was your best possible stat to stack
    Now, each point of ArP is exactly the same against each boss. Low-Armor bosses, ArP is worthless (vs 4800armor bosses you get a 1% increase every 26arp). High Armor bosses, ArP is awesome (10k armor bosses, you get a 1% increase every 16arp).

In other words, don't ignore arp. It's not as good to stack as it was before, but it's just as viable as haste rating or hit rating once you're above the cap.

What are some of the better 2H Off Hand weapons?
    I'm using Kael's sword. Your off-hand is normally more about the stats it gives than the damage it deals, and the 3 red slots is pretty sick. 'Course, dual Blade of the Harbingers is probably the best you can get without T6-level raid drops.

I have a Blade of Harbingers, a Cataclysm Edge both with Exec, and a Jinrokh with savagery. What weapon combo do you think would be better?
    Current ArP is 13,68% without the sword.

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

For clarity, the penalty for dual wielding single handed weapons is 15% increased chance to miss. Base chance to miss level 73 mob is 9%, for a total of 24% for white attacks and 9% for specials, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by ebs2002 View Post
    damage loss from the cast time and rage loss from the cast time is taken into consideration
    Turns out, I didn't know what I was talking about. :P
    Last edited by Kavtor; 11-05-2008 at 11:24 AM.

Agree with Kavtor

+ Reply to Thread