+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Digits - A numeric head-up display

Maybe a stupid question.. But does it display mana?

Quote Originally Posted by Cysne View Post
    Maybe a stupid question.. But does it display mana?
    From the first post:
    Digits will display your health and mana, rage, energy or runic power - whatever your class uses.

Can I ask for a request?

I would really like a 'Flash' when my health gets to a certain point. Like 50%. Of course we could chose the percentage etc..

Basically, when my health gets to 50%, the digit will expand really quickly, get my attention, and I can do what I need to do.

A bar representation not only displays rage as a visual variable but "rate of change" as well--and the rate of change of rage during a fight helps me determine gear strategies.

I must start with, love this addon, helps me keep my eyes on the action. One minor request however. Is there a way to increase the update frequency of the power field? Say, every .2 sec or something, maybe even faster in combat.

There is generally no point in that. The game client sends a notification event when your power changes so updating any faster than that will just refresh the same number over and over again until the event is sent, at which point you're refreshing that new number over and over until the event fires next.

That said, in combat events may be delayed in the spam of events being dumped down to your client so it's worth looking at polling while in combat to see if it makes any difference. I'm thinking it won't, but it can't hurt to test.
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

Thank you for the fast reply, I didn't know if the game actually reported the power numbers as fast as the UI updates them now, or if the game is doing that client side. Again, thanks for the fast reply and keep up the good work.

Just installed the addon and read through all the posts about it, but do not see the options you talked about for changing the location of the numbers on the screen. Looked through all the possbile option on the UI and cannot find anything. Please help my nubness.

TY

Dilly

Never mind figured it out.... god im dumb. Thank you for the addon, its awesome.

Who knew that such a simple addon would change the functionality of my UI completely? Digits has been awesome enhancement to my game play, not to mention my perception (and helped me weed out a couple of my friends as "bads" when they could not see a reason for such a silly addon :P )

There are a few shortcomings, in my perspective. The first of which would of course be the 35pt font, of which there is nothing to be done. I'm over it.

The second would be a request of mine; I would like to be able to disable the % and still display values as a percent. The symbol makes it seem a little lopsided and I'm one of those people who will pull their hair out if everything isn't alligned to the last pixel. But majorly, the '%' does nothing for my interperetation of a value. If anything it causes difficulty for me because I now view it as a percentage in my head instead of a raw value, if that makes sense. It's just one more thing to think about and that's the last thing I need.

I had also wondered about the speed at which digits is updated. The action is too thick for me to notice it on the fly most of the time but I do find myself looking back at the rage on my frame occasionally, maybe out of habit.
    Neato, great work on this. Thanks for making it available to us.

I downloaded this the other day after seeing it on ciderhelms vids... i love it

Amazing mod tbh. Allowed me to remove my 'Player Frame' completely, (No need for it... Can see buffs elsewhere, and HP / RP is displayed here, so keeping it would take up valuable UI space). Haven't actually managed to test it out yet, but its there, in my face, and clear. Gonna be pretty nice when tanking without having to check a bar or so for my HP :P

I have a simple request... or so I hope it is!

Pre-TBC I tanked on a warr, Pre-Wotlk a pally, and now I am trying to learn and tank with a DK. Rune management, the thing I love and hate, is proving to be difficult and there are many many rune mods, however, I love digits and was wondering if it would be possible to add rune CDs to the digits interface... for example:

Health
    RP
    *745*2

Here, the * would represent a rune ready to use, a 0 could also be used if that were easier.

I'd love to take full credit for this, but I actually discovered it on the Elitist Jerks forums. No one seemed to take a bite at it, but was hoping it was something you could add. I'm LUA/interface programming illiterate otherwise I'd try to hack it.

Quote Originally Posted by Warzones View Post
    I have a simple request... or so I hope it is!

Pre-TBC I tanked on a warr, Pre-Wotlk a pally, and now I am trying to learn and tank with a DK. Rune management, the thing I love and hate, is proving to be difficult and there are many many rune mods, however, I love digits and was wondering if it would be possible to add rune CDs to the digits interface... for example:

Health
    RP
    *745*2

Here, the * would represent a rune ready to use, a 0 could also be used if that were easier.

I'd love to take full credit for this, but I actually discovered it on the Elitist Jerks forums. No one seemed to take a bite at it, but was hoping it was something you could add. I'm LUA/interface programming illiterate otherwise I'd try to hack it.
    That was my idea. THank you for thinking it is good. I'm working on it.

That's a good idea, but better suited to a standalone addon
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

Quote Originally Posted by Satrina View Post
    That's a good idea, but better suited to a standalone addon

Satrina, I would be delighted if you could make this, and then I take over once I plow through the "Wow Programming" book you recommended. I just got it, and my computer is broken, so it will take longer than thought. Thanks. =)

Nevermind. Somebody just made them. /sigh. Shouldn't steal someone's idea without their permission.
    Last edited by Nerlth; 01-06-2009 at 06:43 PM.

Right now I can't update and test it but the version I'm using right now is not as useful on my rogue because it shows energy gains jumpy, like pre-3.0 ...

Is that fixed or is it just simply out of your hands to make the numbers update that quick?

I love this mod, but the only problem i see with it is the update rate on the numbers. Every so often, when my digits state I have 10 rage for example, i'll go and use a 10 rage skill when i get a message saying "not enough rage" because my real rage is probably 9 or 8 at the moment my digits are saying 10.

Read post 46.

Satrina: Is there any plan to add target health/power to this mod later?

+ Reply to Thread