+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Caulle's UI 3.0

Caulle's UI 3.4

Caulle UI 3.7 - Jun 29 2010

This UI is designed for a screen resolution of 1920x1050 and windowed mode. It will not be redesigned for any other size.

***DOWNLOAD***

Installation Instructions:
    1. Go into your Warcraft Directory.
    2. Back up your Fonts, Interface, and WTF folders.
    3. Extract the Fonts, Interface and WTF folders into your main WoW directory.
    4. Go into the newly extracted WTF folder.
    -Rename "ACCOUNTNAME" to your account name in all caps.
    -Create a new folder with your Server name.
    -Inside the server folder create a new folder with your character name.
    5. Type /bt > Profiles > Existing Profiles > Caulle - Feathermoon
    6. Type /omen config > Profiles > Caulle - Feathermoon
    7. Type /sbf options > Global Options > Copy Profile > Caulle - Feathermoon
    Type /bt > Profile > Caulle - Feathermoon
    Type /eavesdrop > Profiles > Caulle - Feathermoon
    **Satrina's Buff Frames may need to be further configured by yourself depending on your class. Currently the debuff filters for "My Debuffs" are set to my own preferences. Open the SBF menu and go to the Spells tab. From there you can control which of your debuffs you want to appear in the "My Debuffs" frame.
    **Grid may require additional configuration as well. Open the Grid waterfall menu (/grid). Under Frame you will see "• Icon (Corners)". This is part of the GridIndicatorCornerIcons module. It is currently set to track either your Battle Shout or Commanding Shout, and Vigilance. To add or remove buffs you first need to set them up as an Aura. Under Status > Auras you can add new buffs. Once it has been added, go back to the • Icon (Corners), and pick which corner you want the buff to appear in.

Known Issues
    A few Quartz bars aren't set up.

Change Log
    v4.1 *07.11.2010*
    -Replaced TitanPanel with ChocolateBar.

v4.0 *18.10.2010*
    -All addons updated to the most current version available.
    -Fubar replaced with TitanPanel (only until such a time when/if Fubar gets updated).
    -Hitsmode added to replace default combat log.

v3.7 *12.03.2009*
    -Switched from Cowtip to TipTac
    -Switched from GhostPulse3 to PowerAuras.
    -Replaced Blizz combat log with Eavesdrop.
    -Removed ItemRack in favor of the Blizz Equipment Manager combined with GearFu.

v3.6 *08.27.2009*
    -Switched from Pitbull 3 to Pitbull 4.
    -Removed MonkeyQuest and back to UberQuest.
    -Switched from Cowtip to TipTac
    -Added GhostPulse3.

v3.5 *04.16.2009*
    -Removed ECB and replaced it with Quartz.
    -Pitbull frames completely redone. They no longer include configured raid frames.
    -Added Grid as a replacement for raid frames.
    -Removed UberQuest as it broke with the patch. Replaced with MonkeyQuest.
    -Edits made to the Tourist-Lib file for LoggerHead to include Ulduar (if you use this addon to auto turn on combat logging).
    -Edits made to the appearance.lua file for CowTip to prevent the font error.

v3.4 *02.27.2009*
    -Improvements made to the video settings to improve game performance.
    -Removed Opie
    -Switched from BigWigs to DBM. Please note that DMB does not have profiles so you will have to set this up on your own.
    -Switched from SCT to MSBT
    -Added StatusBars2
    -Removed Cartographer. Added Koordinator to for coordinates on the game map.
    -Added SustainedTPS and Obituary as raid tools.

v3.3 *01.09.2009* Caith Edition
    - All addons updated to current version.
    - Pitbull frames completely redone and stylized based of Caith's UI.
    (http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/7...8230921qg4.jpg)
    -SCT scroll areas slightly modified.
    -eCastingBar does not save profiles. If this doesn't load you'll have to set up on your own. Elseif just disable it if
    you don't need it.

v3.2 *12.15.2008*
    - SCT and saved variables now included in the zip file.
    - XLootMaster and XLootGroup added. Your group loot rolls are off to the top left now.
    - Various improvements to overall layout.

v3.1 *11.11.2008*
    - Switched to SCT from Parrot. (Parrot addon and Saved Variables are still included for SnB proc notifier.)
    - Switched to Satrina's Buff Frames from Elk Buff Bars. (EBB addon and saved variables are still included.)
    - Added Aloft and customized. *NOTE* Do not switch the preset or you will lose all the settings.
    - Stole GhostPulse from Xav and added that, stealing credit in the process. <3
    - Added Opie
    - Added CalendarFu
    Last edited by Caulle; 11-07-2010 at 10:46 AM.

after you choose the profile do you reload ui

having an problem trying to use this UI, I installed it exactly as the Installation Instructions said to, but when ever I try to log on to my character, WoW closes out. I took the files out of my WoW folder and everything worked just fine. Any idea why this would be happening?

Update: I installed the UI again, and deleted the config.wtf folder, and it is working fine now. I'm not sure what was causing the problem originally, but oh well..
    Last edited by Dwark´n; 11-01-2008 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drkillface14 View Post
    after you choose the profile do you reload ui
    Yes, sorry, I forgot to mention that. You don't always have to reload when choosing other profiles. I was playing around with it today going back and forth between profiles and sometimes I didn't have to, and other times I did. Best to just reload anyway just incase.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwark´n View Post
    having an problem trying to use this UI, I installed it exactly as the Installation Instructions said to, but when ever I try to log on to my character, WoW closes out. I took the files out of my WoW folder and everything worked just fine. Any idea why this would be happening?
    Oh man. I have no idea what would be causing that to be honest.
    *edit* I just backed up my folders and tried using the pack and it worked fine. I couldn't even take a stab in the dark here at what would cause this.
    Last edited by Caulle; 11-01-2008 at 03:58 PM.

Dunno what might be happening... I tried it this afternoon and did notice lower FPS than the UI I had previously. Also, there were quite a few errors that came up - one from Pitbull, some Fubar. I've seen a lot of that since the last patch, though - weird errors, where on one toon it works fine, but another toon will have an error. Or one time it will load fine, the next it will give an error, and then the time after that it's fine again. There seems to be a lot of instability since the last patch (in a lot of mods out there).

Quote Originally Posted by Theomach View Post
    Dunno what might be happening... I tried it this afternoon and did notice lower FPS than the UI I had previously.
    Oh man, I'm like 0 for 10 here today, I forgot about that too. There was a post on WoR a while back about a macro for maxed out settings for Warcraft. My game is set to use those, and I forgot the config file in the WTF will be set to use those settings. Unless you used those settings previously, go into your video options and scale it down a bit to what you had before.

In terms of LUA errors, uh, I'd have to see the error first. I had a lot of crazy problems happening when 3.0 hit until I could pin point what was causing the errors and why. Generally, updating your addons fixes most LUA problems without breaking the addon or your settings.

Looks great. I loaded it up, loaded the profiles, and everything worked well.

Quote Originally Posted by Urrick View Post
    Looks great. I loaded it up, loaded the profiles, and everything worked well.
    Yes! 1 for 10 now!

Update: I just downloaded a fresh copy of the file and tried it again, and things are working much better than yesterday. Just one error with RatingBuster, and an odd Pitbull error that went away after I did a quick /reloadui. The only thing that isn't like the screenshots is the background on my chat frames, but that's my fault somehow - somehow, in removing the folders from this UI last night, and going back to my old ones, the chat settings carried over (dunno how, but they did). Not a problem, though.

So at this point it looks like I must have had some file corruption in the one I downloaded last night or something.

Yeah, I had to add the /reloadui bit to the instructions. I should update the one in the zip as well.

The chat frames should have copied over fine, including the custom channels I join. XD. I tested the UI out over on Beta today and it was working fine as well without any problems, other than needing to load the Bartender and ButtonFacade profiles. But really, chat frames are pretty easy to manage, and I'd really recommend people just set those up on their own. I have a lot of stuff filtered around to various tabs to minimize the spam I get in the main window.

i tryed it now, not used alot of time but main think is that u use a higher res them me soo everything was missplaced a bit and had to search a bit to figure out how to move all the stuff around, other that that there is vry few things im gonna change for beeing just as i like it and + the stuff u had i missed from my previous UI set
    Thanks Caulle, great stuff
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bjirthorig lvl 70 Prot
    Memento Mori
    Draenor

Caulle...you've done it again

Downloaded and installed, no issues, thing of beauty!!

Thanks Caulle!!
    No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

OHO! a problem , wher did the Blizz Calender go?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bjirthorig lvl 70 Prot
    Memento Mori
    Draenor

Quote Originally Posted by Bjirth View Post
    OHO! a problem , wher did the Blizz Calender go?!
    Something I'm working on solving. Chinchilla is not fully working for me right now. I don't get a clock option on my mini map, and I can't seem to get the Calendar turned on either. I might switch to a different map addon. If that's something you want/need right now, I'd suggest grabbing SimpleMiniMap for the time being.

oh problem solved kinda, u just have to /calendar to get the tab up.

but no shortcut on minimap yet.

i had a gramma issue i tryed /calender... >< hehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bjirthorig lvl 70 Prot
    Memento Mori
    Draenor

Q: is all this up to date with wrath? so i can use it immediatly at release?
    Never Fear When Baronen Is Near

Should be, since wrath will at best have 3.0.3 which shouldn't break any major mods.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by baronen View Post
    Q: is all this up to date with wrath? so i can use it immediatly at release?
    I copied the whole thing over to Beta yesterday, and it was working fine.

Qestion, very close to the char in the middle of the screen there shows the debuffs u get, how do u get to move that frame? it's kinda on my char atm:/

as i said before, u have runned with higher reselution soo i think stuff was a bit miss placed

love the set up thou just need minor spesifics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bjirthorig lvl 70 Prot
    Memento Mori
    Draenor

type /ebb and show anchors on whichever setting is set to debuffs (probably group 2) then move the anchor.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread