+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Resilience+Defense question

Resilience+Defense question

Hey guys i have a question:

What is the uncrushable %? 5? how do you work up resil+defense. example:
    I have 425 def (3:17%) or something like that, and ihave about 2.06% resil. How does that work out? if there is a thread explainig this sorry. I havent read all posts yet hehe but thank you for the help..

Trying to get uncrushable before WOTLK lol

-V-

Uncritability is 5.6%.
    Crushing Blows have been moved to mobs that are 4 levels above you.

5.6% at level 70 I believe, if you mouse over your defense rating and your resilience rating it will show you a number that is you resistance fror being crit. Add those 2 together and make sure you are over 5.6 and you should be great That is against a lvl 73 raid boss, someone please correct me if I am incorrect.

Sorry, did not notice you said uncrushable, above poster is correct, you cannot be crushed by a mob that is 3 or levels or less above your level.

thanks for the info guys i meant the 2. UNcrit and uncrush. SOo that means i'm .2% away !!!

Thank alot for the help, Im trying to get there w/o geming too much on def i prefer stam or dodge.

Is stakcing str and ap good for TPS? or just DPS?

ty

-V-

Well strength is going to transform into block value and AP so it will most likely push your DPS and TPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Valazar View Post
    thanks for the info guys i meant the 2. UNcrit and uncrush.
    Uncrushable was not a direct function of your def/resil rating. It had to do with how much avoidance, or rather non-hit chance you had. Basically, if your chance to be missed, block, dodge, and parry all added together were over 102.4% you were uncrushable. Warriors were able to easily achieve that with shield block. In 3.0, raid bosses can no longer crush you so there is effectively no longer any uncrushable status that needs to be attained. The only way you could be crushed now is if you are in a zone that is much to high for your level trying to take on mobs at least 4 levels higher than you.

Thanks for the info guys. ! Tonight im Off tanking Kara for the 1st time, lets see how it goes !

-V-

Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread