+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "We want mana to be an issue"

Eh, a lot of that is because when you're focused on healing you focus so much on keeping everyone else up to avoid anyone dying that you forget that you're someone you need to care about also.

@Bajumba: I think you summed up my feelings on healers and their problems and issues with "the grind". I'm looking square in the face at leveling another 10 levels with my Priest and I'm not looking forward to it.

@qygibo: One of the first and most important lessons a healer can learn is to keep themselves alive. To paraphrase: "Dead HPS is no HPS".
    Last edited by Furi; 11-14-2008 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Typos...bane of all.

Our entire healing core is staying healing through the grind. The tanks are busting their keyboards providing them with enough instance runs to keep even with the questing dps.

I have yet to see any healers on our server go dps. We had a few go tank to fill that gap though.

I ended up going with a Disp/Holy build. My DPS output is respectable and I'm still capable of providing the healing for an instance run. In a Nexus run I was healing I was able to cover the healing needs of the group and provide 11% of the damage (at about 515 DPS). On a run the next evening, I went in a DPS capacity, accounting for 31% of the damage at 700+ DPS (#2 to a ret pally in overall damage and #3 in top DPS) and spot healing on some boss fights.

I still don't like the grind, but at this point it's tolerable.

Otherwise, I've seen other healers go complete DPS while those priests with signifcant others stay holy but are attached to their partner's DPS/tank toons at the hip. The druid healers seem to be going Boomkin since the gear requiremets are quite similar (aside from +hit). Time will tell if this trend will continue.

+ Reply to Thread