+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Resist Gear (keep or sell?)

Resist Gear (keep or sell?)

is there any reason to keep the hydross gear for LK? it is currently taking up a boatload of space in my bags and i would love the space so i can keep nerdy things like the t2 i got last weekend in BWL and the Quel'serar i picked up the week before.

If you are holding on to frost resist gear, you can easily sell it since you will be able to craft much better frost resist at 80 if you ever have a need for it. I would say the same for nature resist gear because nothing at 80 has a need for nature resistance that I know of, and if they did add something in they most likely would give us the ability to require level 80 gear for that also.

Adding on to this...

We are just moving through BT now... do we still need to get the shadow resist and fire resist gear for teh higher end bosses ? or is not worth it now...
    Belgariad: EU : Lightnings Blade. Once a Tank. Always a Tank.

we hit mother last night for the first time. with no SR in the raid we got a 2% wipe. when people grabbed some SR we had one death and a kill. it certainly isnt needed, but it will buy the people that have to run away from the group a few extra seconds.

we didnt have a fire tank for illidan and wiped on the flames, but it was past our usual stop time so it was only a partially serious attempt.

ditch it you will never need your old resist sets. At level 80 if you need resistances for certain fights then level 80 resist gear will be made available.

ok that helps...

One other point..i have been looking to see what gear upgrades there are from lvl 70 onwards ..but most of the stuff posted is like lvl 78-80....

Are we going to get upgrades from quests etc over level 70-76 ?

or are we destined to keep farming BT/hyjal and SWP until we are all T6 ?

For resist gear, Drop your frost/nature gear unless you plan on doing those bosses in the next week(expec is a week from thursday). If you want to try and rush to Illidan this week, I suggest gearing your healers and one lock with SR, and two tanks with FR. This should give you what you need to get past mother and to Illidan.

As for farming t6 past the expac. ABSOLUTELY NOT. Its an expac, and although t6 wont necessarily be replaced until the late 70s, most if it certainly will by 80. Go have fun in the new content that we've all be waiting for.

I'm a bit fanatic when it comes to resist gear. Maybe more than i should be and more overly so than a good portion of tanks.

Heading into BC, i had FR and NR gear sets. I found them useful in some of the early instances.

Some areas where i remembered resists making things easier:

FR
    Ramparts - Nazan
    Arcatraz - those gargantuan infernal things

NR
    Slave Pens - Quagmirran
    Underbog - Ghaz'an

SR
    Mana Tombs - Pandemonius
    Arcatraz - Zereketh

AR
    Sethekk Halls - Ikiss
    Mechanar - trash (bombers) and Capacitus
    Magister's Terrace - Vexallus

While you didnt need resist gear leveling thru BC instances, I found it certainly did help.

im more pissd that i crafted the full nature set and frost set and fire set and was just crafting shadow set for BT....... all those primals...for nothing..

i wish you could sell the items for teh value of the primals at least.....

Quote Originally Posted by Effinaymon View Post
    As for farming t6 past the expac. ABSOLUTELY NOT. Its an expac, and although t6 wont necessarily be replaced until the late 70s, most if it certainly will by 80. Go have fun in the new content that we've all be waiting for.

But its zillions and zillions of xp to get to lvl 78..(when the good stuff starts dropping)..until then ...i havent really seen much that would threaten T6/brutal or even T5/badge based gear....

So at the moment im thinking..what the hell..a couple of 25mans each week to BT and SWP ..grab a few t6 tokens and thats you nearly set all the way to lvl 78.

Anyone got any ideas on how long its going to take to get to lvl 71 ...let alone lvl 78..and 80 ? for the average gamer playing between 15 and 20 hrs a week ?

+ Reply to Thread