+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot - Gorefiend *DPS* Parse

Prot - Gorefiend *DPS* Parse

Well since threat isn't as important anymore I'd like to see what other warrior tanks are now doing in terms of DPS. I know a lot of guilds stopped running BT when sunwell came out, but now that everything's nerfed I see a lot more people running it again. Anyways here's my wws from last night:

Wow Web Stats

1855 dps

1855.. damn man. I hit 1100+ last time. Im gonna check the WWS from last nights run. And next week im gonna work in conc blow and shockwave. yea not part of a threat rotation but they would work in a dps rotation while MTing

You have to take into account the fact that you are missing a chance for a SwordNBoard proc when you use those 2 abilities. I have taken them out of my rotation for the time being.

The best DPS bang for your buck (assuming you're in the semi-ordinary situation where you have plenty of rage to work with) is to conc blow/SW only when SS is exactly 1 GCD away from being off CD (since proccing SnB won't actually save you any time on your SS CD anyhow at that point), and revenge is either not lit up or is on CD as well. That said, 1855 is really nice. What gear setup and spec are you using? I noticed you had a 50-something crit chance on SS which is pretty ridiculous (considering average crit with tank gear & cruelty is about 12% + the 15% from talents = 27%).

As for me, I've tanked Teron once since the patch (on patch day, actually) and I think I pulled around 1600 wearing a set with cap exp, cap hit, 2500 AP and 1100 or so BV buffed, specced 2/8/51 (getting all the damage-relevant talents in the prot tree). I'm not sure if that will yeild the best DPS or if wearing high crit, high strength fury gear would do better.

I was 5/5/51 with 2 points in cruelty. Just a normal prot build. I was wearing all tank gear (no dps-specific gear) with about 130hit, 50ish expertise, 1100 BV (unbuffed). Not quite sure where my unbuffed AP was. Avoidance stats were still kept to a decent level as well. My crit rate on SS was above 50% but only had time for 7 slams and probably 2 of them were crits due to recklessness (which I burned as I was pulling).

I'd like to know if any full prot warriors have hit 2k DPS yet. If you have - post it plz.

Impressive. You have great threat/dps stats.

You shield slammed 15 times, by the way. I can't stand the way WWS displays hits not including crits.

oh right, lol. ya i just glanced at it forgot about that. but yea, at least 2 (probably 3) crits were because of recklessness so overall it isn't an abnormally high crit rate. Wtb more wws.

+ Reply to Thread