+ Reply to Thread

Thread: weapon enchant

weapon enchant

I was poking around and looking at changing my tank weapon enchant, but thought I'd ask around before I committed some fair cash for mats.

The three enchants I'm looking at are::

Crusader - activation = 100 Str for 15 secs *minor heal ignored*
    Mongoose - activation = 120 Agi for 15 secs
    Potency - 20 Str every hit

I'm thinking that I might actually be going back to the Crusader enchant for my main weapon. During the course of a standard boss fight I remember it used to activate at least a couple times a minute, and that spells more DPS in the long run.

Forgive me if this question has been "done to death".
    Thank you for your time.
    Ed

I think that Crusader only procs +60 Strength at lvl 70. It's less effective the higher you go above lvl 60.

Enchant Weapon - Crusader - Spell - World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Faldron View Post
    I think that Crusader only procs +60 Strength at lvl 70. It's less effective the higher you go above lvl 60.

Enchant Weapon - Crusader - Spell - World of Warcraft
    He's right about that. I was using Executioner on my main weapon (Blazefury) before the expansion, and I plan on keeping it due to the armor increases to the bosses in wrath. Although I still keep a Suneater with Mongoose for the extra mitigation and avoidance.

Honestly, I'm not sure which enchant to get either.

For me, it's a toss-up between Executioner and Potency. That 20 strength would work out to a lot of my abilities doing 0.75 x 40ap = 30 more dmg, and 10 block rating... and it's cheap. The Executioner's proc, though, also increases DPS by a decent margin.

Edit: with the +6% Str from 3/3 Vitality the AP turns out to be ~43, but yeah. I think Potency is a very competitive weapon enchant now, unless we start getting more Armor Penetration on our tanking gear, in which case Executioner becomes more potent.
    Last edited by Ghladum; 10-31-2008 at 07:47 AM.

why not mongoose ? since druids have procs in forms now, i am thinking about having it but if it was so useful everyone should have it by now i was thinking and there is no one around with it... so what u guyz think about it ? doesnt it proc enough ?

Kedicik - Mongoose proc's just fine, hell it's what I currently use on my King's Defender. I'm just looking at minor tweaks trying to find the "better" option. Granted the differences may be minor overall. Personally I'm not sure I want to pay 200G for a 0.1% overall improvement. But if there is one that stands out front of the rest when used with the new warrior tallents/skills why not be the best I can be?

It's a new expansion and with the changes that I've seen over the years I realize that it's a good time to sit down and rethink all of the options. Heck, I had not even considered Executioner before this forum post, but thank you Eblan for the thought.

Explore Possibities.

While it has been 'done to death' pre 3.0 potency just took a big leap forward. Whether it will surpass executioner in dps I'm not sure but it is attractive. pre-3.0 mongoose was the best enchant for survivability and executioner was the best for threat. I have not math but I think executioner remains the best threat enchant and potency would lie somewhere in between executioner and mongoose.

Potency would be a nice bonus to say your block value set.

Mongoose on yer mitigation wep, for avoidance set.

Executioner on your threat wep, for trash, often times mixed with block value gear.
    November 23, 2004 8:27:03 AM - Glomgore 10+ Years of tanking? Priceless

I've been using Mongoose on the Mallet of the Tides and something that is often forgotten is the crit bonus from the agility as well as the extra mitigation. It boosts by over 4% crit while raid buffed which is a substantial bonus, even more so now for warriors because of the crit bonus that we have for abilities. I've seen a jump in TPS of around 200-300 (Wasn't watching the meter to close) when it proc's.

Another enchant to consider is Deathfrost. The attack slow effect stacks with TC for an additional 15% on top of the 25% from TC. When it proc's it also hits for 150 adding to your dps. I've found that the debuff from it will remain constant throughout a fight when using a 2.6 speed weapon.
    Last edited by Nektarious; 11-03-2008 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Agil->Crit percentage error
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.

Another enchant to consider is Deathfrost. The attack slow effect stacks with TC for an additional 15% on top of the 25% from TC. When it proc's it also hits for 150 adding to your dps. I've found that the debuff from it will remain constant throughout a fight when using a 2.6 speed weapon.
    Deathfrost does not, to my knowledge, stack with thunderclap. Yes, the debuff pops up on the target, but the slow effect does not take place.

i have been going through the same thoughts as you guys..

i have:

KD with mongoose - for the boss fights when the extra def rating and speed of hits are needed.. the extra armor a bonus.

Blazefury - with executioner - for threat and bosses where i know im not gonna get sat on.

and

Rising tide - with executioner - for daily grinding and aoe trash killing ( so far im liking hte cleave with this and also shield slams in between).

Item Comparison Tool - World of Warcraft

Still not found anyone on my server who can do potency ..but i would consider potency on Blazefury.

There is just something about that extra 20 str ......

just my 2p.

(im still hoping that unbreakable will will drop, in which case potency or executioner goes on that one !).
    Belgariad: EU : Lightnings Blade. Once a Tank. Always a Tank.

deathfrost "stacks" with TC because it has a spell slow on it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Glomgore View Post
    Potency would be a nice bonus to say your block value set.

Mongoose on yer mitigation wep, for avoidance set.

Executioner on your threat wep, for trash, often times mixed with block value gear.
    QFT

We also need to factor in any new enchants that might pop up after the expansion has hit. Until then, old factors still apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeonix View Post
    deathfrost "stacks" with TC because it has a spell slow on it as well.
    Which is worthless if you have a warlock in the raid. Deathfrost is pretty bad, and at best is highly situational.

If you like to devastate then Potency – pays dividends (hits harder) but IMO its kind’o pointless putting it on weapons like ‘the toothpick of death’ i.e. fast weapon + HS = no

+ Reply to Thread