+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Ciderhelm UI Information

Cider, how do you get pitbull to display that solid color HP bar?

Edit: also, does the letter boxing actually improve your field of view?

Another edit: I guess I should ask, what did you install to give that particular bar texture? I only have the nappy Mac OS Bubble bar texture.
    Last edited by Alent; 12-10-2008 at 04:54 PM.

As far as the texture in Pitbull, it's either one of the textures available in the default package, or something from (maybe) SharedMedia or something. You can change the texture of each bar in each frame, or all of them at once. The bar texture for the action bars could be either CyCircled or Button Facade. You can download extra textures for both.

I downloaded shared media before 3.0 and got zero extra textures. Is there a link to a working version of it?

Great UI look copied it and love it.
    Last edited by Dzen; 12-10-2008 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alent View Post
    I downloaded shared media before 3.0 and got zero extra textures. Is there a link to a working version of it?

I think there are two parts to sharedmedia, the library mod, and the actual content mod which has the textures etc.

LibSharedMedia-3.0 - World of Warcraft - WowAce.com

SharedMedia - World of Warcraft - WowAce.com

I had the same problem until I dug into it a bit and added both.

hi there,

i like the UI u use, but I was wondering which Addon is responsible for the two percentages of your life an the life of your target (right above your Players unit frame and healthstone.

Didnt find it despite long time searching

thx in advance
    Karnak

Quote Originally Posted by Karnak View Post
    hi there,

i like the UI u use, but I was wondering which Addon is responsible for the two percentages of your life an the life of your target (right above your Players unit frame and healthstone.

Didnt find it despite long time searching

thx in advance
    Karnak
    It's not actually the target's health - it's his health and rage percentages. It's called Digits - there's a thread about it in the UI forum.

Thanks a lot for your answer. Gonna check it out right now.

Upload

Cider, you should throw up a download for your files UI.

What addon seperates the Buff / Debuffs into seperate frames?

Also, what one is the one that comes up and says. CHARGE is NOW READY
    Last edited by empirekevin; 12-16-2008 at 11:55 AM.

Just a thought for those using grid for your raid frames.

This is from a paladin perspective, so I'm not sure what kind of applications warriors or others could find with this, nevertheless:

I've been using Grid for my Raid/Party frames since the day I helped my sister (resto druid) set hers up and coupled it with Clique. Grid+Clique was awesome for her and is a pretty popular healing mod combo from what I can tell. I think all of our healers use it now.

The way I use Clique when tanking is for my Hands, taunt, and LoH (cleanse as well, but someone else should be doing that!).

For example, I have Hand of Salv as Shift_Right-Click and Hand of Protection as Shift_Left-click, and RD is on my mousewheel button. To cast all you have to do is click the grid frame with the appropriate button/combo. You do want to stay away from just left clicking and right clicking as that will remove your ability to just click to select or open the popup menu of a unit frame (on any unit frame).

That being said, clique doesn't have to be paired with Grid, it will work with any Unit Frame and is a breeze to set up.

This may not be helpful to some, but just wanted to throw it out there.

Cinder, I know you posted you're old UI info, but from your recent videos, like VoA in the picture, I love that UI alittle more, any chance we can get a exact mod list? because I notice some changes, and I don't know where to start, also with pitbull any chance we could get the "layout"? Pitbull has always confused me, I could never get it to look that good..

-EDIT. Was able to get the same from the specs and pic two, thanks.
    Last edited by Synistral; 12-20-2008 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roguearthur View Post
    Cinder, I know you posted you're old UI info, but from your recent videos, like VoA in the picture, I love that UI alittle more, any chance we can get a exact mod list? because I notice some changes, and I don't know where to start, also with pitbull any chance we could get the "layout"? Pitbull has always confused me, I could never get it to look that good..
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f120/...-tutorial.html Helped ALOT for the pitbull part. Also i was able to get my UI looking almost exactly like his more recent picture with most of the same info he posted in post 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Synistral View Post
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f120/...-tutorial.html Helped ALOT for the pitbull part. Also i was able to get my UI looking almost exactly like his more recent picture with most of the same info he posted in post 1.

yeah i saw that, and just took time to learn pitbull, I did a pretty good job. I was just lazy before :P

I noticed in quite a few of your videos that the mobs you have selected have an animated circle on the ground around their hit-box. Could you tell me which mod that is from? It could prove handy when positioning mobs that move around alot.

How do you shorten the names to 4 Chars only? I have not been able to figure that one out.

One thing your UI is missing is a mod like ErrorRedirect. It removes the red error text from spamming abilities, etc.

It's a must have for me. Makes for a cleaner screen, allowing me to have more awareness.

That addon is called Message Redirect now btw

Message Redirect - Addons - Curse

Also I must say I love your UI Ciderhelm. After putting alot of time into I think it's come along decently.

Very nice UI, i was wondering what macroes u use? Im fast running out space on my hotbar and i'm looking for ways to cut down on the mass of buttons while still keeping everything i need close to hand, so thought i might get a few ideas here

+ Reply to Thread