+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Ciderhelm UI Information

Aloft

Aloft (Beta) : WoWInterface Downloads : Beta-version AddOns

(The version on Curse is currently outdated)
    King of Cheese, Pope of Lemons, Warlord of Pancakes, Sultan of Omelletes, Czar of Zuchini, Kaiser of Pretzels, Archduke of Apples, Duke of Pimento-loaf, Prime-Minister of Meats, Count of Tomato, The Regent of Danish, Chieftan of Chutney, and Lord of the Dance.

Thanks mate!

Guide to Hodir Hard Mode

I saw in that recent video that Ciderhelm had a bar just above his target frame that kept track of his commanding shout, sunders, demo shout, thunder clap, etc etc. What addon does that?

I thought I would add an update to this thread since Ciderhelm's UI gets the most attention but is rarely updated or questions answered. Many of the questions are the same ones over and over so hopefully this will help a lot of people:

Version of Ciderhelm's Recent UI

Labeled Addons

1. Satrina Buff Frame - configurable buff bars
    Download: SatrinaBuffFrame - Addons - Curse
    2. Grid - compact raid frame with various addons to effectively show raid members with various optional features (there are various addons you can download for it such as mana bars, just search for them)
    Download: Grid - Addons - Curse
    3. Aloft - enemy name plates, beyond WoW's version
    Download: Aloft - Addons - Curse
    4. Deadly Boss Mods (DBM) - timers and enemy health for fights like mimiron showing all 3 parts health
    Download: Deadly Boss Mods - Addons - Curse
    5. Auracle - Debuffs on target (sunder, thunderclap, demo shout, etc), buffs on self (shield wall, trinket, commanding shout, etc)
    Download: Auracle (De)Buff Monitor - Addons - Curse
    6. Pitbull Unit Frames - Unit Frames (Target, Player, Target's Target health & rage/mana)
    Download: PitBull Unit Frames 4.0 - Addons - Curse
    7. Bartender 4 (equivalent of Dominos) - Action Bars with the various attacks
    Download: Bartender4 - Addons - Curse
    8. Prat - Chat mod with various abilities
    Download: Prat 3.0 - Addons - Curse
    9. Omen - Threat meter
    Download: Omen Threat Meter - Addons - Curse
    10. Recount - Damage meter (also heals, interups, dps, etc etc etc)
    Download: Recount - Addons - Curse

If anyone notices anything else let me know and i'll add it.
    Last edited by Squirrelnut; 06-22-2009 at 07:58 AM.

ty. your the man dog!!

I dont know if it requires a specific kind of computer screen or an addon but can someone tell me how to get the black space above and below the in game screen where I can place my addons in. It would help so much to get some things out of the clickable area.

Quote Originally Posted by Saebjorn View Post
    I dont know if it requires a specific kind of computer screen or an addon but can someone tell me how to get the black space above and below the in game screen where I can place my addons in. It would help so much to get some things out of the clickable area.
    Most likely thats a viewport addons like CBH viewport or Sunport (I think?)

Edit :-

Taking from Ciders post on page 1 (Original Post)

" CBH Viewport
    -- I have this set in the Interface Options to 140px top and bottom as blank space. Please beware that this is not simply cosmetic, but actually renders a wider viewing area as a result. Viewport has an added plus of making encounters feel more epic and cinematic! "

Quote Originally Posted by gabbu View Post
    Most likely thats a viewport addons like CBH viewport or Sunport (I think?)

Edit :-

Taking from Ciders post on page 1 (Original Post)

" CBH Viewport -- I have this set in the Interface Options to 140px top and bottom as blank space. Please beware that this is not simply cosmetic, but actually renders a wider viewing area as a result. Viewport has an added plus of making encounters feel more epic and cinematic! "
    Hmm okay because I looked it up on curse and cant find it now I know lol, tyvm for the help
    Last edited by Saebjorn; 06-23-2009 at 07:34 AM. Reason: seeing an edit of post this is in reply too.

I had but is out of date as of last patch and now won't run.

Quote Originally Posted by Saebjorn View Post
    Hmm okay because I looked it up on curse and cant find it now I know lol, tyvm for the help
    You have 2 options

CBHviewport:
    CBH Viewport : WoWInterface Downloads : Graphic UI Mods

SunnArt:
    Sunn - Viewport Art - Addons - Curse

HTH, both are updated and AFAIK works like a charm (I don use them but some guildees do)

-Gab

are there any mods like aloft, because there is no way i'm using a mod that you have to configure through type in commands.

I've noticed in a lot of screen shots that Ciderhelms minimap is overloaded with buttons. You might want to try Minimap Button Frame. It grabs all the buttons from the minimap and put them in a movable and collapsible frame.
    Minimap Button Frame - Addons - Curse

That minimap button is very organized. What I use is a Mod called sexymap which is like a minimap but hides all the minimap buttons when not scrolled over the map.

Also since yesterday I am totaly changing my UI to something sort of like Ciderhelms. This thread as given great detail on how to use the mods, where to get them, and the multifuntions possiblities they have.

Is there any way that you will be offering this UI as a package?

What are you using to capture your video, and edit your video... i am running in to problems wherei cant get good quality video in the end...i was gonna check tonight if it was the recorded files or the editing program i am using

I noticed that both Ciderhelm and Lore were using a new addon in their newer hard mode videos, in case anyone was wondering I believe it is:

Utopia - Addons - Curse

(I use the addon myself and was surprised that they do as well).

Does anyone know what the add-on is that shows the raid portraits and health mana bars like in Cider's video for Maexxna? (upper left hand corner for self and mid-upper left hand corner for raid)

I apologize if this has been asked already.

I believe that those frames were from Pitbull though i'm not entirely sure. In any case I wouldn't use it like that, it clutters your screen. I'd suggest using Grid for your raid frames. But in the end it all comes down to personal preference.

(Links to respective addons).

Pitbull: (To my knowledge there are two versions of Pitbull, I still use Pitbull 3.0 but i will include link for Pibull 4.0).

PitBull Unit Frames 3.0 - Addons - Curse

PitBull Unit Frames 4.0 - Addons - Curse

Grid:

Grid - Addons - Curse

If i'm leaving anything out, or have it plain wrong someone feel free to correct me.

Quote Originally Posted by GiSonata View Post
    I believe that those frames were from Pitbull though i'm not entirely sure. In any case I wouldn't use it like that, it clutters your screen. I'd suggest using Grid for your raid frames. But in the end it all comes down to personal preference.
    Thank you very much! I got pitbull 4.0 this morning and was playing around with it, but the server went down for maintenance before I could really get into it. I think I would really like those frames for heroics and 10-man raids. For some reason it really reminds me of the glory days of Warcraft III. I imagine for a 25-man raid it certainly would get way too cluttered. I'll certainly look into Grid as well once the server's back up, but as for right now I'm very new to this whole custom UI scene (and quite honestly end-game raiding content as well) so I'm still in the process of trying to get used to it all. I'll try and post a screen shot of my finished UI once I've finished setting it up.

Thanks to Squirrelnut for that helpful post. One more thing I was wondering, however. What addon (or setting) produces the two black bars on the top and bottom of the screen? It makes the Recount and Threat Meter look much more aesthetic when they blend in ....

+ Reply to Thread