+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Ciderhelm UI Information

I've been fiddling around with some of the other add-ons mentioned in this thread and I'm happy with what I've been getting from a presentation / function standpoint.

There was something I noticed in the Malygos Strategy Movie that I wanted to ask about...

At about 0:30 a cast bar reading "Arcane Breath" pops up ... is that from PitBull or some other add-on?

I've been trying to replicate it with PitBull but haven't had any success - the best I can muster is a small cast bar that isn't as pronounced as I'd like.

Before jumping into Caulle's thread I just wanted to make sure I wasn't barking up the wrong tree.

Is it wrong that I like the standard WoW UI? Other then the different look what is the advantage to having these mods installed?

Quote Originally Posted by WBill View Post
    I've been fiddling around with some of the other add-ons mentioned in this thread and I'm happy with what I've been getting from a presentation / function standpoint.

There was something I noticed in the Malygos Strategy Movie that I wanted to ask about...

At about 0:30 a cast bar reading "Arcane Breath" pops up ... is that from PitBull or some other add-on?

I've been trying to replicate it with PitBull but haven't had any success - the best I can muster is a small cast bar that isn't as pronounced as I'd like.

Before jumping into Caulle's thread I just wanted to make sure I wasn't barking up the wrong tree.
    Try Quartz out

Quartz - Addons - Curse

This basically comes with a full UI, but you can simply disable everything but the player and target cast bars through the /quartz menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    Try Quartz out

Quartz - Addons - Curse

This basically comes with a full UI, but you can simply disable everything but the player and target cast bars through the /quartz menu.
    I'll definitely give Quartz a shot thanks for the recommendation.

If this is something built into Pitbull (and I'm just missing it) I'd like to give that a shot too.

Quote Originally Posted by Talani View Post
    Is it wrong that I like the standard WoW UI? Other then the different look what is the advantage to having these mods installed?
    I also like the normal UI look. There are small, minute advantages, that I'm sure many people can name. Nothing significant other than things like Threat Meters, Damage Counters, and other non-appearance based addons.

Pitbull face display

I just installed pitbull and my bar doesnt show my toons face is there any way i can display it? because it thought i seen ciderhelms face on one of his video's
    please lemme know if this can be fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    I just installed pitbull and my bar doesnt show my toons face is there any way i can display it? because it thought i seen ciderhelms face on one of his video's
    please lemme know if this can be fixed
    Try /pitbull then go to ALL UNITS then go to OTHER then click PORTRAITS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziganthi View Post
    Try /pitbull then go to ALL UNITS then go to OTHER then click PORTRAITS.
    Or if you want it should be available under Player if you just want it for yourself (and not everyone else).

in terms of casting bars, i personally use AzCastBar and couldn't go with anything else. lots of flexibility, very simple/intuitive options interface. top 1 all time

Quote Originally Posted by WBill View Post

Sounds like you saw a bar from 'Deadly Boss Mods'. It has a lot of things like that where a boss is about to do something or is casting something and DBM will add notification and a cast bar timer of it for you. It also announces that kind of thing to your raid.

It is an excellent addon and easy to configure / place the timer bar wherever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelnut View Post
    Sounds like you saw a bar from 'Deadly Boss Mods'. It has a lot of things like that where a boss is about to do something or is casting something and DBM will add notification and a cast bar timer of it for you. It also announces that kind of thing to your raid.

It is an excellent addon and easy to configure / place the timer bar wherever you want.
    the arcane breath was from quartz, dbm were the bars on the top right, the enrage timer and those under it, they'll drop down when their time is almost up, both are useful addons

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelnut View Post

I do run DBM but I'm pretty sure that it was something else Cinderhelm was using in that video. It should also be noted that with DBM you only see the cast bars for bosses - more often than not it's a spell from a trash mob I want to interrupt.

After playing around with Quartz (suggested by Echo) I've been able to grab the functionality I wanted. The castbar is located above the unit frame and is separated enough that my peripheral vision can catch the cast before it's too late.

What I don't completely get is the black boxes or "movie lines" at the top and bottom of the UI. I know they look nice and clean, but that is a large amount of screen you are not able to view. Thus putting yourself at a disadvantage to other people who have a clear view from all angles.

That's a viewport mod he's got. He actually can see more because he doesn't have addons in his viewing space. It doesn't cut off the tops or bottoms, it just shrinks the portion of the screen wow uses to render the world, but UI elements are still placeable.

The only thing I can really compare it to is the old CRT monitors, with the knobs on the bottom of them that let you stretch out or shrink the viewing space on the screen (you could also round off the edges with them too). It's different in that addons are still placeable in the black.

Quote Originally Posted by Freemount View Post
    What I don't completely get is the black boxes or "movie lines" at the top and bottom of the UI. I know they look nice and clean, but that is a large amount of screen you are not able to view. Thus putting yourself at a disadvantage to other people who have a clear view from all angles.
    It, as simply put as possible, makes your screen a widescreen. If a normal screen can see everything in a 20 yard cone in front of them, you can see everything in a 30 or even 40 yard cone in front of you because it stretches the screen to see things further left/right. I use it right now and it's great for fights like malygos where you have to locate the sparks and move accordingly. Being able to see further to your peripherals makes almost any fight where things can come from behind/beside you easier (i.e. sapphiron blizzards). It is a little odd at first but I like it a lot.

PS -- it also, like he says, gives a cinematic type quality to all your encounters which is kinda cool :P

Oh i see... well that changes everything. I may get it and try it out now.

Thanks for the info guys.

After tinkering with Pitbull4, I believe I will be trying to use this as my main frames UI mod. I am used to XPerl but I cannot stand the configuration UI. Also I feel like while XPerl can make a somewhat clean UI, I prefer the style of Pitbull so far. The combination of a good frames unit and Sat's numbers seemed to take the need for a Hud out of the picture. Good info on the post. Thanks.
    Execute for show, tank for dough.

What is the Rage/Hp bar UI u got IN the middle of ur screen try to find it Wanst able to >.<

OK since this is my first post here, I would first like to praise the Tankspot admins and especially Ciderhelm for the FANTASTIC website and video guides. They are extremely professional and helpful in my opinion. I especially like the fact that you never brag about how good you are (and you are) as other videos you will find on you-tube usually are. I also like the fact that there are no loud death-metal songs added to the background. Great job.

I do have a question i would like to ask you about one of your addons that I particularly like. What mod is it that shows the damage taken and given that scrolls to the left and right in an arc around the front of you?

-Rock

+ Reply to Thread