+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Learning From Our Experiences

A real 'to be continue' podcast :-) . I am interested to see exactly where your headed with it, so look forward to the series. Now we've added a healing forum and nude male showering stories, my wife is paying more attention.....hmmm.

But seriously i can relate to how you started wow. I used to bag and couldnt understand how my Battlefield 2 team mates could play a game of pick 10 flowers and kill 10 total noob AI mobs. The wife enjoyed the SIMs so i suggested she have a look at either WOW or EQ2 and here we are. In picking a char i was similar to yourself, i didnt have a clue what a warrior did, but it suggested id be a upfront wielding swords in your face while I dishing out the pain type toon and could be human....perfect :-)

Freaken awesome!

You guys here at Tspot have brought me up WELL! As a warrior tank that lvled up in the last year, with all these changes, being kind of LATE to the end game raid content... This site has helped me SO MUCH!

All the posts, all the podcasts, everything... This podcast, this one made me become a forum member, and I appreciate everything you all do for us tanks. Its a great game, with lots of great folks.

HAIL TankSpot!

Great podcast!
    I feel like the more I get to know the person behind the mic, the better I enjoy the podcasts.

Anyone else having an error with iTunes not downloading this podcast? All the previous ones have worked fine but something isn't working for me with this one. It just keeps giving me the gray ! indicating that the podcast isn't available or something. Any help would be appreciated, don't want to miss out on anything because of iTunes!

Did you try it again? Might of been offline for some reason. I just cked it again and it worked fine. I have the newest version of iTunes, that might help as well. Use the uninstall method via control panel (for windows), and reinstall it. Depending on what he used to record it (codec), it might have not been supported by an older version of iTunes.

*Cheers*

I just finished listening to the podcast and felt moved to say, "thanks, cider"

Thanks for a great web site and podcasts. I am a new listener and really appreciate the site and info. As I level up my first Warrior I will deffinitely use the resources here. I'm also glad to see you are from Tacoma WA. I just moved away from Olympia to the east coast for the military. Thanks and keep up the good work.
    Soulcrusher
    Tauren Prot Warrior, guild TBA, server Misha

Great podcast Cinder. I went to RTC San Diego when I joined the navy.... the guys that jumped the "wrong" fence....... well Marines are part of the department of the Navy...... As of 9/11 I was on my way home from night shift when I first heard and thought it was just a really bad prank they were pulling until I got home and turned on the news.....
    (for those who are unaware the marine bootcamp (MCRD) and the navy bootcamp (RTC) shared a fence) those who jumped the fence into MCRD became marines.

It still boggles me that people mistake his name as Cinder (not to pick on anyone, it's a very common mistake).

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

OK bad fingers learn to type......Cider .......there better? :P

lol, not a problem either way, we know who you're talking about, =]

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Great podcast man, i wish you did more of em and more often. I def have the whole focus on one thing like its life or death syndrome. Also hearing you talking about boot camp brings back memories man. I was in the corp from 00-04, but since im from boston i was a parris island marine not a hollywood marine :P. I could tell stories for ever about that time. I do rmbr where i was when 9-11 happened, ironically i was cleaning my M-16. Wicked good job brother keep it up , semper fi.
    To bad for glad

I feel that. I enjoy listening to your podcasts.. and this holiday edition was extraordinary. It soothed me, and it seems as though not much does now adays.

Thank you.
    80 Prot Warrior | 80 Feral/Resto Druid | 80 Enhancement Shaman
    Alliance Days

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
    CIDER :O did you pick up red alert 3 it was released today?!
    rumors are you need a 20-digit code, yet there are only 19 digits on the cd case and you got to guess the last one?

Your early social issues as a teen, coupled with your perseverative, obsessive tendencies can be indicative of Asperger's Syndrome, which roughly describes the mildest end of the autistic spectrum. Adults gradually learn compensatory mechanisms and can overcome a lot of the deficits that make childhood particularly difficult, and generally turn out to be pretty well adjusted

This may or may not be relevant to you, but it may be worth reading about. A lot of your life experiences resonate with me, and I was diagnosed several years ago (as an adult). It hasn't really changed anything, other than to put some past experiences into perspective, and to have a better understanding of where my strengths lie, and what things specifically are challenging.

I really enjoyed this surprisingly personal podcast Patrick. Thanks for sharing something about yourself not directly related to tanking (although you did get there in the end lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Porcini View Post
    Your early social issues as a teen, coupled with your perseverative, obsessive tendencies can be indicative of Asperger's Syndrome, which roughly describes the mildest end of the autistic spectrum. Adults gradually learn compensatory mechanisms and can overcome a lot of the deficits that make childhood particularly difficult, and generally turn out to be pretty well adjusted

This may or may not be relevant to you, but it may be worth reading about. A lot of your life experiences resonate with me, and I was diagnosed several years ago (as an adult). It hasn't really changed anything, other than to put some past experiences into perspective, and to have a better understanding of where my strengths lie, and what things specifically are challenging.

I really enjoyed this surprisingly personal podcast Patrick. Thanks for sharing something about yourself not directly related to tanking (although you did get there in the end lol).
    Thanks for the post! Actually, the reason I used the word autism was because I was aware of Aspergers being diagnosed in my extended family.

All the more reason to perhaps give it some consideration then, as it does appear to be hereditary. As I said, if it does apply to you, it won't change anything.. it's just an innate part of who you are, but it can put some things in perspective.

This reminds me of that Nietzsche quote "That which does not kill us makes us stronger". I love how you no longer beat yourself up over past mistakes, and on the other side, you don't pretend they didn't happen. It's so important that we learn from our experiences and hardships. Thank you for the fantastic podcast

I found this to be a very moving podcast, it was very thoughtful for you to share your personal life experiences like that.

Wow

Wow, Well done.
    I know how hard it is to go out on a limb and tell people about your life. Not only that but your story is geat and holds a message worth learning for all those who will listen.
    I aplaud you.

+ Reply to Thread