+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Learning From Our Experiences

So many of my favorite people who play WoW are from Washington!

Where area of WA are you from Cider? I grew up here and am currently a student at UW. If you'd rather not answer I understand, I'm just curious.
    Tanks: We like it rough.

Omg creepy!

Tacoma area.

Didn't realize you were a jarhead, but it makes a lot of sense.

Army Warrant Officer here. Wondering if there's an all-military guild out there somewheres.

None of my basic training stories proly have such a direct RL application, but there was one time when they brought all of the dudes in my company out to do pushups for some reason or another at the same time girls were showering (went to Relaxin Jackson, so my company was 50/50 females). Glass in female latrine windows was kind of a smoked-out glass deal that made for perfect silouhettes (sp?) of ladies undressing. Was quite an experience, particularly after having not seen nigh of a boob for oh, 8 weeks or so!
    Tankity spankity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    ...When I made the comment about saluting (and promptly corrected it), I realized the shower comment was a bad idea too.
    Brings a new meaning to "tank and spank."

(i am ashamed)
    Tankity spankity.

well done. Really loved it

Quote Originally Posted by Naaven View Post
    Brings a new meaning to "tank and spank."

(i am ashamed)
    lol

Tatian

Quote Originally Posted by Krashtork View Post
    So many of my favorite people who play WoW are from Washington!
    I'm in/from the state below WA

Very very deep stuff. And very well presented. Have you considered writting a book Cider? You clearly have the writing skills for it. I can tell you that others have published biographies with less profound content.
    In russian wow, mobs tank YOU!

Oh Tacoma is an alright place.

I'm from Kitsap County, the peninsula in the middle of the Puget sound. What's also funny is the MT for my guild is from Redmond, and the GM of my previous guild is around the Puyallup area i think.

Also, Deviationer, OR is a nice enough state. Sunriver and Cannon Beach are my favorites.

I got an Army buddy who lives in Tacoma, maybe someday I'll visit him and pop on by to have a... Tankspot discussion? lol

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

What you were looking for was "Squad bay".
    I am from Port Orchard Wa and did this about 13 years before you. Corps 88-98 Hollywood Marine too. Paris Island , thats where they train the women marines (j/k)
    Hahaha electronics too.

Now playing in Or.

Great Podcast Cider. I'd love to hear more like this in the future. I can relate to some of the things you said.

I thought the whole shower incident to be pretty funny

I can't help but wonder what other reasons people choose their first "real" toon in MMORPGs, especially since in retrospect they seem totally noobish.

I played an Enchanter in Everquest, but I started out as a Ranger. I only got to level 17, and in that brief had seen high level toons around Felwithe (?) on mounts (Drogmor?). They absolutely blew me away and I was soooo jealous. I, for whatever reason, decided that mounts AS A WHOLE were class specific, and it must have been enchanters since they summon some stuff. I had to have one.

So there you go, I started playing a class because I wanted their riding lizard. I had no idea what else they did, and it's pure coincidence that the class was a perfect fit for me. It's been over three years since I played that toon, but I still miss her sometimes.
    Last edited by Kininye; 10-29-2008 at 02:33 PM.

It's kind of funny. For years, I've asked people I know the same question about whether they'd go back and change something if they ever had the chance. My answer's always been the same as yours: absolutely not. This is your story, so I won't get into my past, but suffice it to say, there's a lot that could be changed for the better.

/sigh...I wanted to join the Marines my entire childhood and ended up not being able to for reasons I won't get into here, and by the time I was able, health problems prevented it /cry
    http://sigs.guildlaunch.net/wsig.php/5930002RGVDu.png
    It's not about causing more dmg, it's about taking more...
    Shad˛w Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Omg creepy!

Tacoma area.
    Grew up in woodinville, WA myself... about 30 minutes or so from downtown seattle.
    "If I'm doing a fight and I need more threat... I try harder. If I'm doing a fight and I need my taunts not to miss, then I wear hit." -Veneretio

I played a monk because I like close physical combat in eq, and i liked being able to feigh death and mend. lol

i just found it amazing.

then i looked at wow and it was between a rogue or a warrior for me, chose warrior cuz I idolize Grom Hellscream and boom, Kazeyonoma is born.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Haha do I see a WA tankspot convention coming on? :P

CIDER :O did you pick up red alert 3 it was released today?!

I have been a long time reader of the tanking gospel according to Ciderhelm for a long while. I often lurk around these forums and find them to be a superior resource for tanks of all make and model. So for this resource I thank you. My contribution will be forthcoming.

Pleasantries aside I listened to the entire podcast, and while its message is certainly positive and perhaps motivational, I must admit that it was long winded and served no purpose for me, particularly as a front page item. I'm glad that you have decided to use the internet as an avenue to positively impact people, but I think that your effort in this regard is better placed elsewhere.

This reply is not meant as criticism of the podcast's message or purpose, only that those of use that come here for the tanking related issues should not have to wade through "off topic" content to get tank news at a site called Tankspot.

Thank you very much for this (TankSpot) endeavor, and keep up the good work.

P.S. I was on the Olympic Peninsula on 9/11, not far from your hood. It was surreal to not see a single contrail from Sea-Tac.

Ciderhelm, I enjoyed the podcast and I thank you for making it.

May I ask what prompted you to create and share a podcast on such a personal subject?

+ Reply to Thread