+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Latro's Shifting Sword good tanking weap?

Latro's Shifting Sword good tanking weap?

hey guys: I just hit 70 last night and got this Latro's Shifting Sword - Items - WOWDB. Is it a good tanking weap? given the time constrain i have to get gear before WOTLK and that i plan to be a tank all the way, i thought it would be a nice to spend my time lvling BS and geting the pvp shield or some badges before the expansion. Any thoughts or help?

Thanks
    -V-
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Speed is good.
    Expertise is good.

Until you get something better, use it.

/edit: What a shitty advice by me. It's not like you're going to still use it if you have something better. PFF.

Its a TPS sword.

I recommend doin all the Shattered Sun dailies you can, and MgT runs. You can grab the reverred sword in a few days, and the shield/necklace with exalted in about a week.

One of my 1st guilds tanks used it to tank Kara and Gruul.

Then go run heroic mech a bazillion so you can post on teh how many times you ran h mech to get a Sun Eater

<<<I recommend doin all the Shattered Sun dailies you can, and MgT runs. You can grab the reverred sword in a few days, and the shield/necklace with exalted in about a week.<<<<<

That was my plan but i have a question, whats the tanking requirements for that? I can tank SL SV w/o wipes on my part but and i've done Mgt as a hunter a lot but i've never tanked it. I know that my wow armory dosent work atm but i have about 450 def give or take, Bold legs pvp blue gear and the SLabs shield. Do you think i have what it take to tank it? If i do I will do it? 12980 Health and 12345 armor, about 27k EH rating unbuffed based on the tankpoints mod.

Any advise will be appreciated.

-V-

PS thanks for the replies

Get a good group around you and you can tank almost anything. Use your reflect a lot in there. Get the revered SSO sword.

If defense is not at cap, then I suggest the SSO sword or Grom'tor's Charge - Item - World of Warcraft it is from the quest The Cipher of Damnation - Quest - World of Warcraft

The quest is long but doable in a day, you can solo it until the end then you need a group. Pretty easy and a nice axe.

+ Reply to Thread