+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mitigation or DPS?

Mitigation or DPS?

Ok so i have been trying to figure out what gear will be best for WoLTK for 5mans in the beggining. This talking about non-heroic.

Am I better off going with DEF gear so i take no damage or go DPS gear and just AOE stuff down with lots of DPS from my side.

Today i got the [item]The Horseman's Helm[/item] but currently wearing [item]Tankatronic Goggles[/item]

Just curious what would be better for doing 5man's bearing the right gems and enchant for both helms. Could the DPS helm with proper gems work better for me?

Look at it like this, if you went for max survivability/mitigation, you would have little room to increase your damage/threat, leading to you not being able to hold aggro on anything. Likewise, if you try to maximize your dps/threat to the point where you become a super aggro magnet but pay little attention to your survivability, you wont be up for long and you can hold aggro when your dead.

Try to keep a even balance of each. Trying to max out 1 aspect of tanking just isnt the best idea. All things in moderation.
    "Ive always wondered what we warriors say to make people attack harder, be healthier, or taunt mobs" -Orla

Ok thanks man.

+ Reply to Thread