+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Block Value Trinket Question

Block Value Trinket Question

So currently I use a similar adaptation of macro that Ciderhelm posted when 3.0 first released. Basically it ties my shieldblock, autoblocker, and lucky coin into my shield slam so they all trigger every single time it is up. I have noticed that vastly increases my DPS compared to other warriors with similar specs and gear and so far have been happy with it. My question is just trying to see if it is indeed better to proc all my cooldowns at once, or if i should try to pop my cooldowns in a more efficient manner, one after the other. Would it be more beneficial to use shield block, then when that ends to use the autoblocker, then when that ends to use the coin, then shield block again? Im not sure if this would result in an increase in damage over time and less spike, or if it would be an overall decrease.

Please offer any thoughts or suggestions.
    "If I'm doing a fight and I need more threat... I try harder. If I'm doing a fight and I need my taunts not to miss, then I wear hit." -Veneretio

Popping both trinkets and shield block together doubles the effect of the procc since you get twice the blockvalue from shield block. So I believe it's best overall to use it all together.

Due to the multipliers, popping everything at once provides a bigger gain compared to staggering them. Shield Block's buff only lasts 10 seconds, so you really want to utilize that.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

I have two separate macros.

The first is the ultra-macro for popping everything, all the time, as soon as it's up. I find this is better for trash and it provides a steady and noticeable increase in DPS on each pull.

When doing bosses, I use another macro that lacks the /cast Shield Block line but still uses slot 13 or 14 before casting Shield Slam, so I can save Shield Block for a situational use (hey, 1200dmg off of each hit is very useful under duress) if the healers get behind or the situation somehow calls for it.

Just my two cents.

I should double check but I'm fairly sure that the autoblocker/coin won't proc at the same time. You can trigger them one after the other however since they don't share a cooldown. So - it's fine to have them both in your macro as only one will be triggered each time. If I understand your question properly - it's not even a decision you need to make as it's not possible to get the procs to stack. Please correct me if I'm wrong the server is down right now so I can't confirm.

They do not share a cooldown. Both can be used at the same time.

And they do stack. It's a lot of fun on Curator. (17066 SS on him during an evo!)
    Gol'Kosh bin moag g'thazag cha!
    <By my axe I will protect you!>

Very cool! All the more reason to wear both block trinkets above any other trinket. charge the mob, thunderclap the mob, shockwave the mob, as soon as shockwave stun expires trigger shield block+trinkets if your dps hasn't pulled threat by that point they never will.

+ Reply to Thread